Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Group Pushes To ‘Let Bert And Ernie Get Married’ On Sesame Street

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Will the Children’s Television Workshop give way to same-sex puppet love?

An online campaign is calling for the producers of TV’s “Sesame Street” to allow characters Bert and Ernie to getmarried in an attempt to “put an end to the bullying and suicides of LGBT youth”, according to the group’s Facebook page....

rest of the article at:
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...sesame-street/

This is what people like me and others on this board have been saying all along. They won't stop once they get the right to marry. They want to indoctrinate children into their way of thinking. The group is also anti-Christian as the article states that the group's Facebook page includes a photo mocking Christians for their disapproval of gay marriage.
    205962_262797947065459_100000057666044_1144697_1455837_n.jpg
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post

This is what people like me and others on this board have been saying all along. They won't stop once they get the right to marry. They want to indoctrinate children into their way of thinking. The group is also anti-Christian as the article states that the group's Facebook page includes a photo mocking Christians for their disapproval of gay marriage.

Freedom of speech, they have the right to petition for whatever they want. If the Electric Company wants Bert and Ernie to be queer, that is their right as well. It won't be showing at MY house nor anywhere else that small children in my care might see it, but meh.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bert and Ernie are gay? And wtf would a transgender muppet look like?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

So LGBT youths (whatever THAT means) can't quit committing suicide because Bert and Ernie aren't married?

How f-ing stupid.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Freedom of speech, they have the right to petition for whatever they want. If the Electric Company wants Bert and Ernie to be queer, that is their right as well. It won't be showing at MY house nor anywhere else that small children in my care might see it, but meh.
    1. PBS is taxpayer funded. So now a group of gays want the rest of us to pay for them to indoctrinate our kids.
    2. Kids see that Bert and Ernie are gay, they grow up thinking that's an acceptable lifestyle. Then in a generation we have them voting for whatever the gays want... all in the name of "inclusiveness" and "tolerance"

I know, the next thing we do is have Maria and Big Bird get married... yeah, that ought to be a smash. Bestiality on Sesame Street... it'll be a riot, Maria can sit on a big egg when she's pregnant.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1. PBS is taxpayer funded. So now a group of gays want the rest of us to pay for them to indoctrinate our kids.
    2. Kids see that Bert and Ernie are gay, they grow up thinking that's an acceptable lifestyle. Then in a generation we have them voting for whatever the gays want... all in the name of "inclusiveness" and "tolerance"

I know, the next thing we do is have Maria and Big Bird get married... yeah, that ought to be a smash. Bestiality on Sesame Street... it'll be a riot, Maria can sit on a big egg when she's pregnant.
    I didn't say I agreed with it, nor wanted it. Just don't see it as a big deal.

Except to say that I certainly don't think tax dollars should be spent teaching anyone that being gay is either okay nor not okay.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Enjopy the view folks as Amerika circles farther down the toilet bowl.

Alwasys pretty close to my mental limit. Or as I also call it, close to South Bend, IN.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A small percentage of PBS is taxpayer funded. As to indoctrination, TV or schools do this all the time. They indoctrinate kids with the Pledge of Alllegiance, etc. That's not your problem. You only have a problem wiht indoctrination when you don't agree with the doctrine. I suspect if schools were still having prayer, you wouldn't have a problem with it. At least be honest about it though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacerBoy View Post
    A small percentage of PBS is taxpayer funded. As to indoctrination, TV or schools do this all the time. They indoctrinate kids with the Pledge of Alllegiance, etc. That's not your problem. You only have a problem wiht indoctrination when you don't agree with the doctrine. I suspect if schools were still having prayer, you wouldn't have a problem with it. At least be honest about it though.
    Oh shut up. Don't even try to equate asking your kids to shut up while other kids pray with teachers teaching my kids that gay is normal. They aren't the same.

Alwasys pretty close to my mental limit. Or as I also call it, close to South Bend, IN.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh shut up. Don't even try to equate asking your kids to shut up while other kids pray with teachers teaching my kids that gay is normal. They aren't the same.

You're right. Having the public schools indoctrinate my kid in religion is far more offensive. Not to mention unconstitutional.

But my point is that schools indoctrinate kids every day. It's just the agenda that the OP is all pissy about, not the fact that it's indoctrination.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're right. Having the public schools indoctrinate my kid in religion is far more offensive. Not to mention unconstitutional.

But my point is that schools indoctrinate kids every day. It's just the agenda that the OP is all pissy about, not the fact that it's indoctrination.
    Look little man, asking your kids to be respectfully quiet while OTHERS pray is NOT indoctrinating them with anything but respect. Maybe you don't care if your kids learn respect.............

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look little man, asking your kids to be respectfully quiet while OTHERS pray is NOT indoctrinating them with anything but respect. Maybe you don't care if your kids learn respect.............
    I'd rather have my kids be respectful of the constitution, but that's just me. And your attempt at wit was funny, but then it always is.

Pray to your god at home. Don't waste my kid's time at school.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd rather have my kids be respectful of the constitution, but that's just me. And your attempt at wit was funny, but then it always is.

Pray to your god at home. Don't waste my kid's time at school.
    Good , then teach them the Constitution, not your fucked up reading of it. You have freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. IDIOT.

Teach your kid to take it in the ass at home, don't waste my kid's time at school.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Yet another display of brilliance from the pro-gay crowd. Equating reciting the Pledge of Allegiance with indoctrinating children with sexually abnormal behavior.

Anyone who denies indoctrinating children that homosexuality is normal sexual behavior will lead to more homosexuals is a liar and anyone that can't see the obviousness of it is just stupid.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

They should allow the marriage and let as many kids as possible see it. Then have follow-ups showing them losing their hair and getting paler and thinner as aids sets in. Then have a final episode where they die of aids. Let the kids see the reality of embracing destructive and deviant behavior.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock