Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm reading the Bible again. Not gonna skip though. Going cover to cover.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

In the Courts of the Sun by Brian D'Amato

From Amazon:

Editorial Reviews
    From Booklist
    According to the ancient Maya, December 21, 2012, could be the day the world ends. In this ambitious novel, a modern-day descendant of the Maya, Jed DeLanda, goes back in time to save mankind. Well, he doesn’t go back physically; that’s not possible in D’Amato’s world, but it is possible to send back the consciousness of a person and to place it inside the mind of someone living in the past. The plan was to put Jed’s mind inside the body of a Mayan king in the year 664 CE, but, instead, he winds up inside the head of a man about to be killed by ritual sacrifice. Can Jed keep his host alive long enough to save the world? This is the sort of novel that Robert Silverberg might write (and, in fact, it feels a bit like Silverberg’s classic Up the Line)—a richly detailed, intellectually stimulating adventure through time. Unfortunately, it takes too long for the adventure to begin. While it’s fine to describe the future world in which Jed lives and even to establish his credentials for being chosen as humanity’s savior, we shouldn’t be made to wait 200-odd pages before Jed is flung back into the past. Still, he is an engaging narrator, telling his story in an easy, often humorous style. With the release later this year of the high-profile movie 2012 (also based on the Mayan prophecy), prepare for this title to be in high demand. --David Pitt

Review
    “In the Courts of the Sun by Brian D’Amato is an enthralling and original read, a stunningly inventive novel that will keep you turning the pages until the wee hours. With the sure hand of a master storyteller, D’Amato weaves together Mayan history, modern science, game theory and the coming Mayan apocalypse to deliver a gripping read. Beware December 21, 2012!”
    —Douglas Preston, author of The Codex and The Monster of Florence
    While I do not agree with Douglas Preston (one of my favorite authors, as is his brother) that the book "will keep you turning the pages until the wee hours," it is very good. Richly detailed and strikingly original, I believe it suffers only because it is the first of a trilogy. As such, the author, in my opinion, feels free to pace the book slower than if it were a stand alone.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The Vision of the Anointed, by Thomas Sowell.

From Publishers Weekly
    In this broadside against the received wisdom of America's elite liberal intelligentsia, noted conservative Sowell, a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, offers some strenuous arguments as well as fuzzy generalizations. Thus, his attacks on the war on poverty, sex education and criminal justice policies forged in the 1960s counter some slippery rhetoric by their defenders, yet his suggestion that these policies exacerbated things is questionable.

Sowell deconstructs how statistics can be distorted to prove assumptions (that lack of prenatal care is the cause of black infant mortality) and gleefully skewers "Teflon prophets" such as John Kenneth Galbraith (who said that big companies are immune from the market) and Paul Ehrlich (who said starvation loomed).

While "the anointed" favor explanations that exempt individuals from personal responsibility and seek painless solutions, those with the "tragic vision" see policies as trade-offs. Sowell scores his targets for disdaining their opponents, but this book also invokes caricature-these days, many of "the anointed" are less unreconstructed than he assumes.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A Certain Justice........P D James

The Heart is A Lonely HUnter ... Carson MuCullars

Both EXCELLENT!
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cashless: Bible Prophecy, the Economic Chaos, and Future Financial Order Book Description, by Mark Hitchcock

Somewhere between writing checks in the 80's and swiping a piece of plastic today, we missed the significance of the emerging cashless society. But there are reasons to take notice. According to Mark Hitchcock, author of several bestselling prophecy books and a trusted expert in this field, what is happening in the world today is consistent with prophecy written in Revelation 13, which predicts a one-world economy under the rule of the Antichrist.

With current research on the global economic, technological, and religious landscape, Hitchcock addresses important questions, including: Will there be a one-world economy in the end times? What is the mark of the beast? Does modern technology relate to the mark? How does the absence of cash prime things for the Antichrist?

The advent of the cashless society is an important one to examine and think through in light of God's Word and His promises.

According to Hitchcock, the emergence of a cashless society is consistent with prophecy written in Revelation 13, which predicts a one-world economy under the rule of the Antichrist. The author examines God's Word in relation to such a global economic landscape.

Mark Hitchcock has contributed to Cashless: Bible Prophecy, the Economic Chaos, and Future Financial Order as an author. Mark Hitchcock graduated from Dallas Theological Seminary and has since pastored Faith Bible Church in Edmond, Oklahoma. He has written six books, including 101 Answers to the Most Asked Questions about the End Times, The Coming Islamic Invasion of Israel, Is America in Bible Prophecy?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm rereading a book my hubby wrote entitled, "Drafted," by William C. Stodgel. It's available online at amazon.com...

It starts out about his childhood and then takes off to when he got drafted into the army and then sent to Viet Nam.... It's a great story filled with lots of action. And it's true.... I did all the editing for it and even wrote one chapter myself..... There's a lot of war gore, laughs and adventure.... My man did a great job on writing it.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    I'm rereading a book my hubby wrote entitled, "Drafted," by William C. Stodgel. It's available online at amazon.com...

It starts out about his childhood and then takes off to when he got drafted into the army and then sent to Viet Nam.... It's a great story filled with lots of action. And it's true.... I did all the editing for it and even wrote one chapter myself..... There's a lot of war gore, laughs and adventure.... My man did a great job on writing it.......
    wow Binky you should make a separate thread about it so other members could buy it if they want to. That is pretty cool !!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    wow Binky you should make a separate thread about it so other members could buy it if they want to. That is pretty cool !!!!!!!
    I already did that eons ago.....I don't think it even got any replies....don't know about views....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Schooling in Capitalist America - Bowles and Gintis

Living Revolution: Anarchism in the Kibbutz Movement - James Horrox

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Anybody done any Noam Chomsky jamm?!?!??!?!?
    Definitely.
    The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening. -Peter Kropotkin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Pursuit of Honor - Vince Flynn
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Under the Dome by Stephen King, and to be quite honest, I am have trouble hitting my stride with that book. I'm not sure if it's because it's been so long since I last read King or if it's because I have two shelves of books to read by authors I've been into the last 5 to 10 years.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Good read.

Wolf Hall - Hilary Mantel

Henry VIII's challenge to the church's power with his desire to divorce his queen and marry Anne Boleyn set off a tidal wave of religious, political and societal turmoil that reverberated throughout 16th-century Europe. Mantel boldly attempts to capture the sweeping internecine machinations of the times from the perspective of Thomas Cromwell, the lowborn man who became one of Henry's closest advisers. Cromwell's actual beginnings are historically ambiguous, and Mantel admirably fills in the blanks, portraying Cromwell as an oft-beaten son who fled his father's home, fought for the French, studied law and was fluent in French, Latin and Italian. Mixing fiction with fact, Mantel captures the atmosphere of the times and brings to life the important players: Henry VIII; his wife, Katherine of Aragon; the bewitching Boleyn sisters; and the difficult Thomas More, who opposes the king...
    -Publishers Weekly
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Went book shopping last thursday...

Great deals on second hand books at the local Thrift Store.

Five books for three dollars...Ha Ha!

SHOOTER/Walter Dean Myers - fiction [Copyright 2004]

LAND OF ELDORADO/Sante Uberto Barbieri - An historical account of early explorers, adventurers and people of Latin American [Copyright 1961]

THE POLITICS/Aristotle - Who by the way was the most famous student of Plato [Published 1986] translated to english

RUSSIA 2010/Daniel Yergin - "Wise...an intelligent guide to the delimmas that Russia's current condition poses both for itself and for the West." - Adam Ulum,New Republic [Copyright 1993]

WHY WHITE KIDS LOVE HIP HOP/Bakari Kitwana - wankstas, wiggas, wannabes and the new reality of race in america [Copyright 2005]

Damn!...I just realized what a boring person I am.
    Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reading about spics, Slavs and Vanilla Ice is retarded, not boring.
    The history of human thought recalls the swinging of a pendulum which takes centuries to swing. After a long period of slumber comes a moment of awakening. -Peter Kropotkin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Snicker-Snicker...

Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    Reading about spics, Slavs and Vanilla Ice is retarded, not boring.
    Oh my!...I knew I wasn't very smart but I never realized I was retarded...Are ya sure Aggy?

:bow3: Aggy's my hero cause he's so smart. We're friends, ain't that right Aggy?
    Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!