Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Alwasys pretty close to my mental limit. Or as I also call it, close to South Bend, IN.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What's for Dinner?

I've been unemployed for over a year so I've taken up the task of stay at home day. As part of that, I have learned to cook. Luckily, my wife already has a library of 100 cookbooks. So I have a lot to look at and learn from.

Tonight I'm making a marinated pork loin. Marinaid is a lemon, dijon, olive oil blend with various spices. I'm also making chiive risito cakes fried in olive oil and a simple veggie.

I try to make two or three interesting dinners a week since many of the cookbook recipes I like can cost $20/dinner or more. I have no skills yet for looking in the fridge and concocting something on a whim. I try on occasion but my wife is far better at that skill

What are you folks having for dinner?
    The specific set of foolish ideas that has laid claim to the name 'supply side economics' is a crank doctrine that would have little influence if it did not appeal to the prejudices of editors and wealthy men" -- Paul Krugman

You will respect my atoritay!- ConHog aka Cartman

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Grilled petite fillet and veggies.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacerBoy View Post
    I've been unemployed for over a year so I've taken up the task of stay at home day. As part of that, I have learned to cook. Luckily, my wife already has a library of 100 cookbooks. So I have a lot to look at and learn from.

Tonight I'm making a marinated pork loin. Marinaid is a lemon, dijon, olive oil blend with various spices. I'm also making chiive risito cakes fried in olive oil and a simple veggie.

I try to make two or three interesting dinners a week since many of the cookbook recipes I like can cost $20/dinner or more. I have no skills yet for looking in the fridge and concocting something on a whim. I try on occasion but my wife is far better at that skill

What are you folks having for dinner?
    Join the club. Ain't Obamanomics great?

In honor of the Al Gore thread, we're doing dead cow here. Oh, and I was a professional cook before I joined the Marines so I have no problem there.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Join the club. Ain't Obamanomics great?

In honor of the Al Gore thread, we're doing dead cow here. Oh, and I was a professional cook before I joined the Marines so I have no problem there.
    I LOVE to cook. And have a bit of a talent for it. I don't know that I could make a living doing it, but I love to cook for my family. We had BBQ hamburgers tonight.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I've deleted the bullshit replies from ConHog and OCA, and removed OCA from the thread as he showed ZERO interest in actual participation

For dinner tonite - Jerk Shrimp from the Hotel.

IMG_2240.JPG
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Alwasys pretty close to my mental limit. Or as I also call it, close to South Bend, IN.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you girls want to have a pissing match, get the fuck outta my dinner thread. Christ, can't one thread on this damn forum be half way civil? And mods, delete the pissy posts, please.

Just finished dinner and the chive risotto fried cakes were awesome. First time we tried them, out of the Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics cookbook. If we didn't have my daughter's friend here, I think my wife would agree to pull a George Constanza (Seinfeld) and have sex with me while eating the risotto cakes. Alas, the visitors have put off that experiement!

And the marinated herb pork loin comes from that cookbook, too. Delicious. My mother in law has made pork loin so many times that was as dry as dirt. She tends to overcook things. The marinade really makes the meat moist and delicious. I wish mom in law would learn.
    The specific set of foolish ideas that has laid claim to the name 'supply side economics' is a crank doctrine that would have little influence if it did not appeal to the prejudices of editors and wealthy men" -- Paul Krugman

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I've deleted the bullshit replies from ConHog and OCA, and removed OCA from the thread as he showed ZERO interest in actual participation

IMG_2240.JPG
    Is it suppose to look like that?
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Is it suppose to look like that?
    I would imagine it looks MUCH better in person, at least I hope it does.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post

IMG_2240.JPG
    Thank, dmp. BTW, looks delicious! Hope you're enjoying Jamaica.

And once again, what the heck are you doing looking at this forum when you have wife deliciado for dessert?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank, dmp. BTW, looks delicious! Hope you're enjoying Jamaica.

And once again, what the heck are you doing looking at this forum when you have wife deliciado for dessert?
    My GUESS would be that the woman needs some sleep once in awhile so she can recharge LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    I would imagine it looks MUCH better in person, at least I hope it does.
    I never cared for shrimp, I think I'll stick with my steak.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

If you girls want to have a pissing match, get the fuck outta my dinner thread. Christ, can't one thread on this damn forum be half way civil? And mods, delete the pissy posts, please.

Just finished dinner and the chive risotto fried cakes were awesome. First time we tried them, out of the Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics cookbook. If we didn't have my daughter's friend here, I think my wife would agree to pull a George Constanza (Seinfeld) and have sex with me while eating the risotto cakes. Alas, the visitors have put off that experiement!

And the marinated herb pork loin comes from that cookbook, too. Delicious. My mother in law has made pork loin so many times that was as dry as dirt. She tends to overcook things. The marinade really makes the meat moist and delicious. I wish mom in law would learn.
    I've only had one or two good pork loins. Most are as you say, dry as dirt. The best one I can recall I of coursed cooked. It was marinaded in BBQ sauce overnight then smoked for 5 hours the next day.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I never cared for shrimp, I think I'll stick with my steak.
    I like both. Together.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think I have figured out where that extra 40 pounds your carrying comes from.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I think I have figured out where that extra 40 pounds your carrying comes from.
    Was thinking the same thing.