Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I've only had one or two good pork loins. Most are as you say, dry as dirt. The best one I can recall I of coursed cooked. It was marinaded in BBQ sauce overnight then smoked for 5 hours the next day.
    Pour some teriyaki glaze over the pork loin and throw it in the oven in a covered roaster. The juiciest, most tender pork loin awaits you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Pour some teriyaki glaze over the pork loin and throw it in the oven in a covered roaster. The juiciest, most tender pork loin awaits you.
    I'll give it a shot sometime. Can't do worse than to date.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was thinking the same thing.
    that makes three of us. Hell I run 5 miles a day and swim, and I don't eat fried foods that often.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll give it a shot sometime. Can't do worse than to date.
    There's just something about those ceramic covered roasters...I cook my turkeys in one also...always juicy. The roast or turkey actually browns well even though it's covered.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

There's just something about those ceramic covered roasters...I cook my turkeys in one also...always juicy. The roast or turkey actually browns well even though it's covered.
    Yeah, I like those roasters. Best turkey I ever had (I don't like bird) was deep fried. The owner of the company I worked for always fried two for our Christmas party. Surprisingly enough, first year at teh company I got stuck babysitting one.

I definitely love rib roast in a ceramic roaster though.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacerBoy View Post
    Thank, dmp. BTW, looks delicious! Hope you're enjoying Jamaica.

And once again, what the heck are you doing looking at this forum when you have wife deliciado for dessert?
    Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    My GUESS would be that the woman needs some sleep once in awhile so she can recharge LOL

Dinner was excellent. She had the Jerk Shrimp in the photo (not our photo, no light for pics, AND my flash was tucked away pending tomorrow's return to the US of A), I had Jerk chicken. Both were great; left a little burn on the lips, just enough, not too spicy.

At our age, we don't do much "dessert'ing"

Plus, I think she's still saving herself for the right man. Here she is (picture from two nights ago? last night?) wishing, waiting for her ship to come in.

Attachment 2398
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I like those roasters. Best turkey I ever had (I don't like bird) was deep fried. The owner of the company I worked for always fried two for our Christmas party. Surprisingly enough, first year at teh company I got stuck babysitting one.

I definitely love rib roast in a ceramic roaster though.
    I J'adore fried turkey, but you gotta be real careful when frying it.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

^^^Deep Fried bird is all we do anymore when cooking turkey. Nothing else comes close to the goodness, IMO
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Alwasys pretty close to my mental limit. Or as I also call it, close to South Bend, IN.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I think I have figured out where that extra 40 pounds your carrying comes from.
    Bitches!
    The specific set of foolish ideas that has laid claim to the name 'supply side economics' is a crank doctrine that would have little influence if it did not appeal to the prejudices of editors and wealthy men" -- Paul Krugman

You will respect my atoritay!- ConHog aka Cartman

Alwasys pretty close to my mental limit. Or as I also call it, close to South Bend, IN.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a turkey breast roulade recipe I want to try becz my wife's family can't cook a whole turkey without drying it to crap (although they all claim it's tasty). But wife says there would be a palace revolution if we had thanksgiving and served a tasty breast rather than crappy dried out turkey so we can't try it. F*cking traditionalists! Viva la revolution!
    The specific set of foolish ideas that has laid claim to the name 'supply side economics' is a crank doctrine that would have little influence if it did not appeal to the prejudices of editors and wealthy men" -- Paul Krugman

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I have a turkey breast roulade recipe I want to try becz my wife's family can't cook a whole turkey without drying it to crap (although they all claim it's tasty). But wife says there would be a palace revolution if we had thanksgiving and served a tasty breast rather than crappy dried out turkey so we can't try it. F*cking traditionalists! Viva la revolution!
    I pretty much won't eat it anymore unless it's deep fried. Again, I don't like bird to begin with. And yes, it WILL cause a revolution in the family when you snub your nose at great-great-great-great grandma's turkey n stuffing recipe.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Our family pretty much makes it's own traditions now. We have some Chinese people in our family, some Mexicans, and then our own family which are mutts, so the food could be anything. For Thanksgiving we often have fried turkey, but not always. And we have prime rib for Christmas. Not exactly traditional. But tasty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've seen too many videos of turkeys being fried and then exploding. I'm surprised you're not afraid of the whole Turkey IED thing.

I'm tired of the same old food every Thanksgiving. Even my brother in law's Cajun noodles for the holiday can't make up for the same old bad food.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've seen too many videos of turkeys being fried and then exploding. I'm surprised you're not afraid of the whole Turkey IED thing.

I'm tired of the same old food every Thanksgiving. Even my brother in law's Cajun noodles for the holiday can't make up for the same old bad food.
    Watch this video, Alton Brown goes over it pretty good on how to be careful. After watching the video click on the link for recipe.

I promise you'll never roast a turkey again.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/deep-frie...deo/index.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm having Newman O's chocolate cookies.........Luna tick will be sooooo disappointed in me