Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I read the article you posted. Where was the perps pov on guns cited? How do you think gun restricting laws would have prevented?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    a "gun nut", really? Isn't he just a nut with a gun?

hey Kart. If we had a law which required everybody to know the proper use of firearms, this situation would be less common.
    The correct answer is if we would summarily execute such obviously guilty nuts , then fewer nuts would act like nuts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    The correct answer is if we would summarily execute such obviously guilty nuts , then fewer nuts would act like nuts.
    If we summarily executed all males, there would be fewer violent nuts among us. Then again, might be a price to pay?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    If we summarily executed all males, there would be fewer violent nuts among us. Then again, might be a price to pay?
    If we summarily executed all females, the word would be a saner place. Less fun too bu sure, but saner.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I was reading this story earlier today. I noticed a few things in the reporting. There was a shooter. That's it. No information on the shooter other than it appeared to be a man. No name, no description. He was apparently shot, no report of how. But the reporter made mention that two national guardsmen were killed and that oh yeah another person was killed as well and 6 were wounded. With all the instant communication available today this is the best reporting they can do? I always take note of what is not reported on. If no name is mentioned he's either a muslim or an illegal. If he's a white male he's most likely a leftist nut case. If the weapon can be traced to fast and furious it will not be reported. And this is exactly the kind of scenario the fast and furious thing was set up for. An excuse to make more laws against gun ownership.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacerBoy View Post
    I agree with you, but don't you want to take the means to kill MORE people away? A guy with a machine gun shooting into a crowd is going to kill more people than a guy with a slashing at the same crowd with a knife. The 2nd Amendment protects the right to have guns, but the govt has the right to regulate the weapons that can be owned privately. What are reasonable weapons for private ownership?
    Well you assume that making high-capacity magazines and semi-auto rifles illegal means those persons with malicious intent won't possess them. Means vs ends, if we outlaw some thing, only outlaws will have them-- remember Prohibition?
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I was reading this story earlier today. I noticed a few things in the reporting. There was a shooter. That's it. No information on the shooter other than it appeared to be a man. No name, no description. He was apparently shot, no report of how. But the reporter made mention that two national guardsmen were killed and that oh yeah another person was killed as well and 6 were wounded. With all the instant communication available today this is the best reporting they can do? I always take note of what is not reported on. If no name is mentioned he's either a muslim or an illegal. If he's a white male he's most likely a leftist nut case. If the weapon can be traced to fast and furious it will not be reported. And this is exactly the kind of scenario the fast and furious thing was set up for. An excuse to make more laws against gun ownership.
    It will be interesting to see if your summations come to be fact. I'd lay a small wager on it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    If we summarily executed all females, the word would be a saner place. Less fun too bu sure, but saner.
    If we castrated all males, we'd have very little rape.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Shooter's demise--Self inflicted I read in the linked article.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Saw a picture of him. He looks Mexican and has a Mexican sounding name. They said in the report he worked in a family business. They also said he was a "resident" of the city.

Wonder if he had a facebook page. They always seem too. La Raza comes to mind here.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    If we castrated all males, we'd have very little rape.
    Yes, but then we'd be hearing cries from the Left for the need for laws controlling long blunt objects.....
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Before we know all of the facts some bold assumptions should be made. The shooter was probably a union thug army soldier just putting into action Hoffa's marching orders to take out Tea Party members. We all know that IHOP is a magnet for Tea Party members.

Soon Obama will be standing next to Harry Reid in Nevada talking about using words that heal rather than wound.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacerBoy View Post
    Imagine someone with a bolt action rifle shooting at a crowd. Now imagine someone with a semiauto rifle shooting into the same crowd. Who do you think will kill more people? I imagine that the semiauto weapon holder, all else equal, will kill more people. I think it's a reasonable regulation to ban semiauto weapons.

There I took care of you, the complete idiot. Anyone else have an INTELLIGENT COMMENT?
    Imagine two kids shooting up a school. Does a teacher have a better chance of stopping them with your retard-action rifle, a semi-auto pistol, or no gun at all because it's a 'gun-free zone' and only the criminals are armed?

Why do you want the school killers to be able to kill more innocent people?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Please tell me why any normal person needs to own an AK-47. I doubt the founding fathers had this in mind.

http://news.yahoo.com/sheriff-gunman...223140323.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Please tell me why any normal person needs to own an AK-47. I doubt the founding fathers had this in mind.

http://news.yahoo.com/sheriff-gunman...223140323.html
    Please explain why it would be a problem for a law abiding citizen to own a bazooka if he so wanted.