Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    If we castrated all males, we'd have very little rape.
    you do realize the exact same result could be accomplished by getting rid of all the women, right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Please explain why it would be a problem for a law abiding citizen to own a bazooka if he so wanted.
    Because you can kill a lot of people if you decide to. Everyone is a law abiding citizen until the decide to turn nutso. The guy who wielded the AK-47 in Carson City was a law abiding citizen until today.
    Some of you just enjoy seeing people slaughtered. You know there is no reason why anyone should own an AK-47, but you want the right to have one just to show what a macho man you are.
    The more massacres that happen, the more you will defend your rights to massacre people if you ever turn nutso.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Please tell me why any normal person needs to own an AK-47.
    First you tell me why any normal person needs a twinkie, a unicycle, a harpsicord, or tofurkey. No normal person would any need for it- hence they should be banned, right?

I know the concept seems backward to you, since things were different in Soviet Russia, but we in America tend to base our society on the principle that you don't have to argue for your liberties. Rather, you must demonstrate why someone's liberties should be taken away. Hence, we don't have to argue for the AK, the unicycle, or anything else. It is you who must show we why should deny law-abiding citizens their liberty and property.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

The shooter was from Mexico. Must have been a Democrat...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because you can kill a lot of people if you decide to.

Many members of the Interahamwe and Impuzamugambi were armed only with machetes. Even after the 1993 peace agreement signed in Arusha, businessmen close to General Habyarimana imported 581,000 machetes for Hutu use in killing Tutsi, because machetes were cheaper than guns
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide

A 30-year-old man was arrested Sunday on suspicion of fatally stabbing six people, including two young children, on the British island of Jersey, police said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44137724...-british-isle/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...fe-attack.html

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=10623240

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5080911.shtml

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...e-attacks.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    The shooter was from Mexico.
    Link? Reference?
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because you can kill a lot of people if you decide to. Everyone is a law abiding citizen until the decide to turn nutso. The guy who wielded the AK-47 in Carson City was a law abiding citizen until today.
    Some of you just enjoy seeing people slaughtered. You know there is no reason why anyone should own an AK-47, but you want the right to have one just to show what a macho man you are.
    The more massacres that happen, the more you will defend your rights to massacre people if you ever turn nutso.
    You can kill a lot of people with a gallon of gasoline...should we outlaw portable gas containers?

I can't wait for you anti-gun assholes to call for outlawing rocks when someone manages to kill a handful of people with a brick.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Because you can kill a lot of people if you decide to. Everyone is a law abiding citizen until the decide to turn nutso.
    People don't "decide to turn nutso."

The guy who wielded the AK-47 in Carson City was a law abiding citizen until today.
    You don't know that... Well, maybe you do... Link?

Some of you just enjoy seeing people slaughtered.
    Bullshit. Liar.

You know there is no reason why anyone should own an AK-47, but you want the right to have one just to show what a macho man you are.
    It's not about proving anything to anyone, it's about preserving the individual's right to own a gun. If you start to undermine that right by outlawing a specific type of weapon, where does it end? I own a Colt 1911, it's a handgun but is also considered to be semi-automatic. Should that be banned? Certain types of hunting rifles have been classified as "assault weapons" yet they are truly just hunting rifles, nothing more. Personally, I see no need to own an AK-47 (especially when most if not all are cheap knock-off of the Russian weapon), but I am not bothered by the fact that they are readily available in any gun shop I visit here in NM.

No one is defending their "right to massacre people."
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Link? Reference?
    http://www.lahontanvalleynews.com/ar...110909928/1085

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please tell me why any normal person needs to own an AK-47. I doubt the founding fathers had this in mind.

http://news.yahoo.com/sheriff-gunman...223140323.html
    Perhaps there are normal people who want the freedom of choice to own an AK-47, as well as there are people who want the freedom to abort babies.

Are you qualified to determine someone's needs?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacerBoy View Post
    Imagine someone with a bolt action rifle shooting at a crowd. Now imagine someone with a semiauto rifle shooting into the same crowd. Who do you think will kill more people? I imagine that the semiauto weapon holder, all else equal, will kill more people. I think it's a reasonable regulation to ban semiauto weapons.

There I took care of you, the complete idiot. Anyone else have an INTELLIGENT COMMENT?
    What makes you think a ban would have stopped this guy....anyone with murder in their heart will find a weapon to make it happen whether it is legal or illegal.

The part that really upsets me is that our soldiers are supposed to feel safe on their own soil....perhaps they should be allowed to carry their weapons all the time like off duty police officers.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    Perhaps there are normal people who want the freedom of choice to own an AK-47, as well as there are people who want the freedom to abort babies.

Are you qualified to determine someone's needs?
    Try telling me once again why any normal person would want to own an AK-47.
    The AK-47 has one purpose -- to kill people. There is nothing else you can do with it.
    Imagine your own mom and/or dad, sitting at a restaurant for breakfast. I can't see anyone walking in with a rock or a can of gas looking to kill people. That is why they would want a rapid fire weapon.
    You gun nuts can moralize and pontificate all you want. But the only reason to own an AK-47 is to kill people.
    Imagine your mom and/or dad is dead right now. DEAD. Someone killed them. And I am guessing you are sitting around thinking "oh, I suppose some nut could just as easily have killed with a rock. Or a sledgehammer." Because I know gun nuts are stupid enough to think like that.
    But they're still dead. And you don't care. Because you support unlimited gun ownership.
    It's going to happen again. Very soon. Perhaps to someone you know. If you don't care, why should I?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Gabby ... what you said is offensive ... I'm pretty sure that the overwhelming majority of people on this site DO NOT enjoy seeing people slaughtered ... you are being hysterical.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.