Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRPgrl View Post
    The biggest danger of people paying no income taxes at all is that they then have absolutely no concern what the feds do regarding raising tax rates, and hence what should be one of the biggest issues, becomes a non issue for them.
    Taxing the lower two quintiles is foolish; as it wont raise revenues beyond additional entitlements. Short-term: FAIL

Do you agree that the primary objective of progressive tax system is to increase long-term revenue growth?

If so, then tax policy should serve to encourage the year over year(long-term) increase in earnings among a greater number of taxpayers.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Exactly, if you have no skin in the game you don't care. Which I why I say those who pay no income tax shouldn't get to vote.
    thats just whacky on so many levels,

and I have explained a few reasons why we cant/shouldnt even consider such a thing, but you seem to have ignored them, or at least you had no response, but to just make the claim again JT,,errr, BeanerBAGofWIND, errr, oh, Im sorry, this is CH Im responding to, just sounds so much like one of those other two turds.
    I DONT CLAIM TO KN0OW ANYTHING ABOUT HUMAN NATURE
    N
    OIR DO I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CRITICAL THINKING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and I have explained a few reasons why we cant/shouldnt even consider such a thing, but you seem to have ignored them, or at least you had no response, but to just make the claim again JT,,errr, BeanerBAGofWIND, errr, oh, Im sorry, this is CH Im responding to, just sounds so much like one of those other two turds.
    I agree that this position of losing your right to vote depending on whether you pay income tax any given year is wacky. But I disagree that it is something that I would ever have said.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I should neg you for that.

And I'm NOT talking about calling my idea whacky.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Virgil, you do suffer from selective memory loss. When Obama took over he had a huge majority in the House and 60 Dems in the Senate

Dems rammed thru their pork filled "stimulus" and said how it would put people back to work fixing our crumbling roads and bridges. Obama and Pelosi "promised" there would be no pork in the stimulus. They wrote and they passed it

Obama got his "Cash for Clunkers" passed and even added more money to the program. No last impact on the economy

Then came Obamacare. Virgil, it was Dems who were blocking it due to the public opposition to the bill. R's could do NOTHING to stop it except go to the voters and tell them what ws in the bill. It became so bad for Reid and Pelosi they had to publicly bribe fellow Dems with pork projects and waivers to Obamacre to secure their votes

Dems NEVER passed a budget for TWO years Virgil because they did not want to have a paper trail of their spending and deficits. Agains the R's could do nothing

Before the 2010 midterms Dems saw how pissed off the voters were and said they would not talk about a budget until AFTER the midterm election. Again, Dems ran the show Virgil

Then came the 2010 midterm election when the Dems lost 62 House seats and 6 Senate seats. Nationwide Dems lost over 600 seats. The voters sent R's to oppose Obama, and stop the insane spending. They were tired of his poilcies Virgil!

All of a sudden Obama was for NOT raising taxes. During the lame duck session, Obama, Reid, and Pelosi extended the Bush tax cuts leaving rates where they were for the past 10 years. (There was no tax CUT here Virgil)

Bottom line is Virigl, Obama did get everything he wanted and the results are clear. Dems lost another seat in NY (a seat you bellowed was "safe" BTW) that has not gone to the R's since the 1920's. People have lsot faith in Obama, and they see his policies have failed

Obama great "accomplishment" - Obamacare continues to see a majority of the voters wanting it repealed. Most polls show about 55% want it repealed.

All Obama is doing now is appealing to he kook base (that you are a proud member of) in a desperate attempt to try and get his approval numbers up. Obama said he would transform Amercia Virgil - and he is doing just that

All you can do is make excuses and try to blame others for his failures

Any questons Virgil?

Hey Virgil - cat got your tongue? Cough up that furrball and at least attempt some lame ass answer

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Solve the debt crisis? You must be using the same math Obama used when he promised to cut the deficit in half after his first term

Virgil, you could tak the top 1% at 100% and not cover one year of Obama's deficits

You could take all the money from the top 5% and not cover the cost of one year of Obama's spending

Currently the Federal government takes around $2.3 TRILLION from the producers and corporations in America and that is not enough for you far left loons. You are demanding more!
    Lesson to learn here is you hit Virgil with facts and expect a response - all you get is crickets chirping

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Seems that the Obama drones are avoiding any facts that go against their leader's policies. Here is anther great articlle by Charles Krauthammer that highlights the return of the real Obama

In a 2008 debate, Charlie Gibson asked Barack Obama about his support for raising capital gains taxes, given the historical record of government losing net revenue as a result. Obama persevered: “Well, Charlie, what I’ve said is that I would look at raising the capital gains tax for purposes of fairness.”

A most revealing window into our president’s political core: To impose a tax that actually impoverishes our communal bank account (the U.S. Treasury) is ridiculous. It is nothing but punitive. It benefits no one — not the rich, not the poor, not the government. For Obama, however, it brings fairness, which is priceless.
    </ARTICLE>
    Now that he’s president, Obama has actually gone and done it. He’s just proposed a $1.5 trillion tsunami of tax hikes featuring a “Buffett rule” that, although as yet deliberately still fuzzy, clearly includes raising capital gains taxes.

He also insists again upon raising marginal rates on “millionaire” couples making $250,000 or more. But roughly half the income of small businesses (i.e., those filing individual returns) would be hit by this tax increase. Therefore, if we are to believe Obama’s own logic that his proposed business tax credits would increase hiring, then surely this tax hike will reduce small-business hiring.

But what are jobs when fairness is at stake? Fairness trumps growth. Fairness trumps revenue. Fairness trumps economic logic.

Obama himself has said that “you don’t raise taxes in a recession.” Why then would he risk economic damage when facing reelection? Because these proposals have no chance of being enacted, many of them having been rejected by the Democratic-controlled Congress of Obama’s first two years in office.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...soK_story.html

Ronald Reagan