Alright, so I had some rough going at first. I used the seed: Minecraft AWESOME!

Starting off along a lakeside, I had a few distinct advantages starting off, a large surrounding forest, along with large hills containing caves on all sides. Also, across the water were some sugar cane, so I got right to work, taking down trees for use in tools and charcoal, as well as taking the tops off the sugar cane and replanting them so that I can establish the beginnings of a sugar farm around the coast. I used the cave entrance to build my first temp shelter into the rock:

Attachment 2810Attachment 2811

Then night came, and I ran into a huge problem: Creeper spawning ground on one of the local hills, so I'm getting random Creeper assaults, and any one of them can kill me without a freaking thought, so yeah, much fun to be had by all, but I managed to avoid them for the night. The next day I began my run about in earnest, going down into the caves next to my new home, and stripping it quickly of coal and iron, and taking down the skeleton archers that held it, using corners to draw them out alone. The cavern has a massive central area, with a smaller offshoot, and once I fortify up, I should be good to start rolling it over into my main hydroponics. I'm leaving the entrance wide so I can lead Cow, Pigs, Sheep, and Chicken down for point of breeding my cattle.

Thanks to the bounty of the Skelly archers, I was able to get myself some bones for bonemeal, so I laid down some wheat, and voila, no more rotten flesh meals for me! I did save a couple of bones however, and used two of them to get myself a wolf. I'm gonna call him Tanka:

2011-12-03_00.45.31.jpg

So the next main thing was to get my main house finished up. Thanks to the constant Creeper attacks, I've been able to put enough gunpowder together to make some stacks of TNT... and may have ever so slightly underestimated the blast radius. Thankfully, I didn't die, but I did blow the whole top of the hill off. Thankfully, that was sort of my plan anyhow, so it all worked out quite well. The house is the same little cave I used before, but cut around, with gaps replaced with forged stone.

2011-12-03_02.30.51.jpg