Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Pretty sweet....is that on a server or your comp???
    Yup was a bitch to build it though. First I had to quarry all the stone for that, then fire the cobblestone to return it to regular stone, then use 4 stone to make each block of stone brick for the walls. I had to level out the ground for the walls, and make sure the entire battlement going around the top was at the same level. then there's the torches and lighting. I also made a lava moat for the whole thing, so I had a bucket brigade going to get enough lava to completely encase it. But hey, I now have a town that is completely safe from spawning monsters, and it looks cool
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Okay, so Minecraft brought out the 1.9 update in pre-release, so I of course jumped on that. The newest feature I'm playing with currently is Hardcore mode. In this mode, the difficulty is locked on its highest setting, and you do not respawn on death. In fact, if you die in the game by any means, your world gets deleted entirely. I lost my first world, but now I have built a new facility that is capable of sustaining me for quite some time to come, so we'll see how that goes.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Okay, so Minecraft brought out the 1.9 update in pre-release, so I of course jumped on that. The newest feature I'm playing with currently is Hardcore mode. In this mode, the difficulty is locked on its highest setting, and you do not respawn on death. In fact, if you die in the game by any means, your world gets deleted entirely. I lost my first world, but now I have built a new facility that is capable of sustaining me for quite some time to come, so we'll see how that goes.
    Omg I would cry, cry like the little girl I am.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Omg I would cry, cry like the little girl I am.
    I know, I'm so damned paranoid now. Secure shelter became such a huge priority for me, and then of course I was tracking down cows and sheep, since you can apparently breed them now by catching two of them, and feeding them wheat. They'll then come together and a new sheep, cow, pig, or chicken will be born. It's really pretty hand, and now I'm encasing my ranch area in glass so that I don't surprised by a spider or some such as I'm milking the cows or sheep. I actually have an underground hydroponics area where I'm growing wheat, sugar cane, and mushrooms.

All the sudden I'm back to square one, building a fast shelter and building off of it, as opposed to any long term building strategy.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was reading this thread to my son, he wanted me to tell you to check out "too many items" mod.

He says it gives you infinite items.....

http://www.minecraftdl.com/too-many-items-1-6-5/
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I was reading this thread to my son, he wanted me to tell you to check out "too many items" mod.

He says it gives you infinite items.....

http://www.minecraftdl.com/too-many-items-1-6-5/
    Yeah, that just makes it too easy. When I want to do stuff like that, I can just use creative mode, where I get infinite items, and can access all of them immediately. Hardcore mode is better without the safety net.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

and one of mine -

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm eagerly awaiting the release next week of 1.9, and I'm playing with the pre-releases now as I run around in hardcore mode. I have the most recent one, so I now have access to potions and the enchantment table. Currently, I'm going nuts building a mushroom-top city by making super huge mushrooms with the bone meal I've been getting off the plethora of skeleton archers I've been tangling with. With my initial shelter completed atop the mushrooms, I no longer have anything to fear from the resident creeper population (I think Imust be near one of their spawn areas, because there's a herd of them on the nearby plains), and now I can survey my domain.

On the food front, I've gotten some cows, chickens, sheep, and pigs together in an internal ranching area, so that I breed them together easily. With that and the underground hydroponics lab, I'm pretty much set for the basics means of survival for the forseeable future.

my underground explorations have turned up the necessity to build a series of doors as I go, so that I can cut off pursuit by mobs of spiders, archers, slimes, creepers, endermen, and zombies in an emergency. My initial diamond ore that I found went immediately to use in crafting armor, so now I'm all set on that, and have been able to focus enough to make a diamond sword, and a pick. Next will be the shovel, followed by the hoe and finally, the axe. I'm still exploring a place underground I call "The Cleft of Doom". It's a mile-deep trench cutting through the underground that has lava falls as well as waterfalls, as well as a massive abandoned mine complex that has a massive invasion of cave spiders. Oh yeah, Cave spiders are different than normal spiders. See, a cave spider can actually poison you, which can kill you even if you're armored, since it takes off your life just like you were drowning for a time. Oh yeah, fun times.

I can't believe I've survived this long in Hardcore. I mean, I'm a good player and all, but there were some pretty close calls at times, and now that I'm so very fortified, I feel even more paranoid than when I started, because now that I've come so very far, the idea of being struck down and losing this whole world I've built is really disturbing to me.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I also stumbled across my own world seed the other day, which is really kick ass.The seed name is: The Dragon's Reach

I got this from the title of the novel I'm writing. Turns out it also makes a fun world to play in.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Okay, so I figured I would go ahead and do a run at Hardcore mode now that the full 1.0.0, and I'm gonna try and keep a chronicle with pics and such. No god moding, this is vanilla minecraft. Should be pretty fun and interesting, and let y'all know when I get dead and the world erases, with my final score.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Alright, so I had some rough going at first. I used the seed: Minecraft AWESOME!

Starting off along a lakeside, I had a few distinct advantages starting off, a large surrounding forest, along with large hills containing caves on all sides. Also, across the water were some sugar cane, so I got right to work, taking down trees for use in tools and charcoal, as well as taking the tops off the sugar cane and replanting them so that I can establish the beginnings of a sugar farm around the coast. I used the cave entrance to build my first temp shelter into the rock:

Attachment 2810Attachment 2811

Then night came, and I ran into a huge problem: Creeper spawning ground on one of the local hills, so I'm getting random Creeper assaults, and any one of them can kill me without a freaking thought, so yeah, much fun to be had by all, but I managed to avoid them for the night. The next day I began my run about in earnest, going down into the caves next to my new home, and stripping it quickly of coal and iron, and taking down the skeleton archers that held it, using corners to draw them out alone. The cavern has a massive central area, with a smaller offshoot, and once I fortify up, I should be good to start rolling it over into my main hydroponics. I'm leaving the entrance wide so I can lead Cow, Pigs, Sheep, and Chicken down for point of breeding my cattle.

Thanks to the bounty of the Skelly archers, I was able to get myself some bones for bonemeal, so I laid down some wheat, and voila, no more rotten flesh meals for me! I did save a couple of bones however, and used two of them to get myself a wolf. I'm gonna call him Tanka:

2011-12-03_00.45.31.jpg

So the next main thing was to get my main house finished up. Thanks to the constant Creeper attacks, I've been able to put enough gunpowder together to make some stacks of TNT... and may have ever so slightly underestimated the blast radius. Thankfully, I didn't die, but I did blow the whole top of the hill off. Thankfully, that was sort of my plan anyhow, so it all worked out quite well. The house is the same little cave I used before, but cut around, with gaps replaced with forged stone.

2011-12-03_02.30.51.jpg
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Great, now you bastards got my son hooked on this game! Morning, noon, night, plays till he gets in trouble. I don't get what little I see of this game looking over his shoulder. With all of the great games out there today, why play a game that looks like a bunch of pixels? When they released a new version last week or the week before, the forums for minecraft went berzerk with people wondering when and why they weren't upgraded yet! I haven't played it, so I can't say much in particular, but why is this game so addicting compared to other games out today that look more realistic than real life?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Great, now you bastards got my son hooked on this game! Morning, noon, night, plays till he gets in trouble. I don't get what little I see of this game looking over his shoulder. With all of the great games out there today, why play a game that looks like a bunch of pixels? When they released a new version last week or the week before, the forums for minecraft went berzerk with people wondering when and why they weren't upgraded yet! I haven't played it, so I can't say much in particular, but why is this game so addicting compared to other games out today that look more realistic than real life?
    Minecraft is a bit hard to explain if you don't play it. Basically, most games lead you along a path, or are a form of sandbox game in which you have a certain degree of capability to make your own way, such as in Red Dead Redemption. In Minecraft, there's no one telling you how to play, or what that next mission is. There's no quest log, and not even a tutorial, you have to learn how to play minecraft.

For instance, if you start off in an area and immediate kill every pig in the area for pork chops, the pig population runs out. what you learn to do is grow wheat, and build an animal pen from fence and gate parts, then use the wheat to lure a pair of pigs in, and breed them, so that you have a sustainable food supply.

You want wool? you need sheep for that, but killing them doesn't help nearly as much as building a pair of shears and shearing the sheep, so that the sheered sheep can be breed to produce new offspring. Believe it or not, it's actually an educational game, it's just fun as hell to play, and very immersive despite the graphics, which I've had described as being like legos, but the better description of it came from a site called Zero Punctuation: "It's like an Etch-a-Sketch, but every so often Space Invaders drop down, and lefty knob and righty knob must put aside their differences to live to twiddle another day."

The point of the game is not to kill monsters, although that is something you'll end up doing if you aren't constantly on Peaceful all the time, and some monsters carry unique resources that can't be mined another way, that's far from the point of the game. The game never bothers to tell you a point, it lets you figure out your own victory goals, and when you complete them (i.e. build your first shelter), you immediately discover that you have a new goal as you look at a nearby mountain and say to yourself, "You know what that's crying out for? A skull fortress with lava coming out of the eyes, cause he's depressed about all the kamikaze shrubs."

My advice, though, is to open up your own world on the game, and give it a whirl.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, that sucked/ was the most awesome death ever. I got jumped by a pack of creepers, and I did survive the explosions, but unfortunately, the third detonation blew a hole in the floor, dropped me into an underground ravine, where I fell into a pool of lava.

Right, so take 2 then
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org