Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    What kind of ignorant statement is that ? Their job consists of way more than staying alive. Show them some respect by giving them credit for the incredible amount of work they do.
    Sorry if the truth offends you, Mr War Hawk, but when you are in the middle of a civil war that your leadership fails to recognize but the troops on the ground see all too well, your job is to stay alive until your ass gets rotated out of the war zone because very little of what you do (outside of killing people who are shooting at you) accomplishes the "goal" of subduing the insurgency. Military solutions are only one part of the equation but they are the only part that your Boy George is working on and it is failing. Political and economic solutions are being ignored and we are paying for it with the lives of our troops.

Go back and show me where I have shown anything other than respect for our troops, asshole, and the tremendous job they do before you try and smear me with that neocon bullshit of yours. Bring the link and the quote or shut the fuck up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Esslingen View Post
    Your partisan attitude has blinded you to the truth of this war, Gunny, and it's really sad to see. Your Boy George sees that he is losing this conflict all the way around now and is bringing back the big Boogieman to scare us all: Osama bin Laden. After stating that he doesn't know where he is and doesn't care because he is irrelevant and ignoring him for years, he now brings him up 11 times in one speech and tries to salvage a failed policy of a failed war in a failed presidency. The only sorry ass and despicable position is that of failed leader and the morons who still march in lockstep to the Stay The Course drumbeat.

You are too stupid to see there is no victory in this war. Getting our troops home alive is our only victory. The Endless War on terrorism has begun and you are totally clueless to our real position. You keep sitting there cheering for victory when in reality the only choices are War Continues or War Ends.

You could never have been more wrong but then that's par for the course for your blindly partisan dumbass self. Who are you going to believe more: me or a troop in the field? You are going to believe a troop in the field, of course. So do I.

link

How many deployments will be enough Gunny? How many times do we recycle troops thru the war before they come back ruined and worthless to the defense of our country? How long do you cut corners on their medical benefit to further fund the war? How long do you refuse to bring replacement weaponry into the conflict because your budget doesn't call for it and further risk the lives of more troops? How long do you continue to fight a war on the cheap that doesn't kill vast numbers of our troops but makes them mentally worthless after a half dozen tours in the war further reducing the capability to defend our own borders? How long, Gunny?
    I guess all our troops efforts to stop jihadist activities overseas will come to an end when an if the congress stops funding it.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess all our troops efforts to stop jihadist activities overseas will come to an end when an if the congress stops funding it.
    I guess you can post any kind of lame ass Strawman you want to make points in a game where the points don't matter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry if the truth offends you, Mr War Hawk, but when you are in the middle of a civil war that your leadership fails to recognize but the troops on the ground see all too well, your job is to stay alive until your ass gets rotated out of the war zone because very little of what you do (outside of killing people who are shooting at you) accomplishes the "goal" of subduing the insurgency. Military solutions are only one part of the equation but they are the only part that your Boy George is working on and it is failing. Political and economic solutions are being ignored and we are paying for it with the lives of our troops.

Go back and show me where I have shown anything other than respect for our troops, asshole, and the tremendous job they do before you try and smear me with that neocon bullshit of yours. Bring the link and the quote or shut the fuck up.
    You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the ass.The adminstration is fully aware of the precarious situation in Iraq due to sectarian hostilities and CONTINUAL diplomatic efforts are being made to bring hostilities under control. I already gave you your quote
    Their job is to stay alive and get home.
    A prime example of your ignorance------you think that the mission of the troops is nothing but hiding.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess you can post any kind of lame ass Strawman you want to make points in a game where the points don't matter.
    The WOT ain't about points. If you're pissed that your congress is now an accomplice, blame them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The WOT ain't about points. If you're pissed that your congress is now an accomplice, blame them.
    Nope. It ain't about the points but you keep trying to score points with Strawmen on matters that you have extrapolated from my arguments.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Your partisan attitude has blinded you to the truth of this war, Gunny, and it's really sad to see. Your Boy George sees that he is losing this conflict all the way around now and is bringing back the big Boogieman to scare us all: Osama bin Laden. After stating that he doesn't know where he is and doesn't care because he is irrelevant and ignoring him for years, he now brings him up 11 times in one speech and tries to salvage a failed policy of a failed war in a failed presidency. The only sorry ass and despicable position is that of failed leader and the morons who still march in lockstep to the Stay The Course drumbeat.

You need to read more. I may have an attitude, but it certainly isn't partisan. I don't like either side. I DO however dislike YOUR side MORE than the other.

And the rest of your paragraph is a perfect example of why. A completely unsupported by anything but a partisan imagination accusation. It is also evidence that even when Bush does what you bitch about him not doing, he STILL can't win. You have to paint it as something ugly.

You are too stupid to see there is no victory in this war. Getting our troops home alive is our only victory. The Endless War on terrorism has begun and you are totally clueless to our real position. You keep sitting there cheering for victory when in reality the only choices are War Continues or War Ends.

I would say "stupid" would apply to the author of the above paragraph since you really have NO idea where I stand on the issues of "victory" and "our position." You only know that I disagree with where you repeatedly have stated YOU stand. In your black-or-white only mind, it's either your way or wrong.

You could never have been more wrong but then that's par for the course for your blindly partisan dumbass self. Who are you going to believe more: me or a troop in the field? You are going to believe a troop in the field, of course. So do I.

link

How many deployments will be enough Gunny? How many times do we recycle troops thru the war before they come back ruined and worthless to the defense of our country? How long do you cut corners on their medical benefit to further fund the war? How long do you refuse to bring replacement weaponry into the conflict because your budget doesn't call for it and further risk the lives of more troops? How long do you continue to fight a war on the cheap that doesn't kill vast numbers of our troops but makes them mentally worthless after a half dozen tours in the war further reducing the capability to defend our own borders? How long, Gunny?
    How many left-wing-extremists in how many message boards are going to keep spamming this same article as if one Army SSgt's opinion reflects the opinions of all?

How long do you continue to regurgitate the same baseless talking points?

You do however many deployments is necessary and you stay as long is takes to accomplish the mission.

The fact you are willing to toss in the towel and give up because things aren't just running as smooth as possible the way you want is your business ... until you presume to want to do it in the name of this Nation. THEN it becomes MINE.

I don't share your fair-weather loser mentality. When you start a job, you finish it, period. You may have to adjust to the unforeseen and/or changing dynamics and you may have to adjust your goals because of the same, but if you quit before you're done, you're nothing but a loser in my book. Perhaps you have no problem with being viewed as such as an American, but I do.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron
    You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the ass.The adminstration is fully aware of the precarious situation in Iraq due to sectarian hostilities and CONTINUAL diplomatic efforts are being made to bring hostilities under control. I already gave you your quote
    You still didn't bring the link and the quote where I was disrespectful of the troops. You can repeat that lie a thousand times and it is still a lie. Your neocon smears don't work anymore, boy. Try debating what I have actually said instead of what you think I said. The only thing that is biting anyone in the ass is supporting a failed policy in a failed war from a failed presidency.

A prime example of your ignorance------you think that the mission of the troops is nothing but hiding.
    Again, asswad, go back and show me where I said the troops are hiding. You are really a piece of work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You still didn't bring the link and the quote where I was disrespectful of the troops. You can repeat that lie a thousand times and it is still a lie. Your neocon smears don't work anymore, boy. Try debating what I have actually said instead of what you think I said. The only thing that is biting anyone in the ass is supporting a failed policy in a failed war from a failed presidency.

Again, asswad, go back and show me where I said the troops are hiding. You are really a piece of work.
    Their job is to stay alive and get home.
    This statement is false and simplistic. It neglects the missions that troops are sent on every day.

I can't make it any simpler than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You need to read more. I may have an attitude, but it certainly isn't partisan. I don't like either side. I DO however dislike YOUR side MORE than the other.
    I read what you bring to this and every argument that I am involved in. Your blind support of this war puts you in a partisan camp whether you want to be there or not. I have an attitude as well and it was against this ill-founded war from the start. Fuck, even Poppy Bush had more sense not to tread where Doofus Junior chose to go. Look what it got us. An Endless War where the "goal line" changes according to how the partisan winds are blowing.

And the rest of your paragraph is a perfect example of why. A completely unsupported by anything but a partisan imagination accusation. It is also evidence that even when Bush does what you bitch about him not doing, he STILL can't win. You have to paint it as something ugly.
    Bush hasn't stopped the war so I will bitch until he does.

I would say "stupid" would apply to the author of the above paragraph since you really have NO idea where I stand on the issues of "victory" and "our position." You only know that I disagree with where you repeatedly have stated YOU stand. In your black-or-white only mind, it's either your way or wrong.
    Your amateur psychoanalysis of me and my views is amusing. Wrong, but still amusing.

How many left-wing-extremists in how many message boards are going to keep spamming this same article as if one Army SSgt's opinion reflects the opinions of all?
    How many times have we seen you and your amigos do exactly the same thing when one of those "you don't know what kind of successes we have had over here" articles shows up in some local media? Pot meet kettle.

How long do you continue to regurgitate the same baseless talking points?
    I would ask you the very same thing.

You do however many deployments is necessary and you stay as long is takes to accomplish the mission.
    What exactly is the mission again? Weapons of mass destruction? Removing Saddam? Nuclear weapons? What is the mission TODAY, Gunny?

The fact you are willing to toss in the towel and give up because things aren't just running as smooth as possible the way you want is your business ... until you presume to want to do it in the name of this Nation. THEN it becomes MINE.
    Nice strawman.

I don't share your fair-weather loser mentality. When you start a job, you finish it, period. You may have to adjust to the unforeseen and/or changing dynamics and you may have to adjust your goals because of the same, but if you quit before you're done, you're nothing but a loser in my book. Perhaps you have no problem with being viewed as such as an American, but I do.
    Don't quit your day job, whatever it is, because your new profession as Amateur Psychoanalysist isn't cutting it.

This war was a cluster fuck from the beginning and when every stated "goal" was missed, new "goals" became the objective. This is a the classic bait-and-switch. Sorry you fell for it. I refused to play the game from the outset because I refused to accept the parameters of the game knowing full well there was no reasonable outcome to benefit either ourselves or the Iraqis.

Your claim that if you quit before you are done you are a loser doesn't apply if the game is rigged against you before it even begins. If you follow a rigged game to it's disasterous conclusion, you are an idiot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This statement is false and simplistic. It neglects the missions that troops are sent on every day.

I can't make it any simpler than that.
    You again failed to support the Strawman you threw at me. You failed to show how my saying that the job is to stay alive and come home is "hiding" or that it "neglects" the missions or any other such thing. Stop arguing with yourself and either put up the link that you claimed I said I was DISRESPECTFUL of the troops. Don't pull some neocon asswash out of your rear end. Post the actual link.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I read what you bring to this and every argument that I am involved in. Your blind support of this war puts you in a partisan camp whether you want to be there or not. I have an attitude as well and it was against this ill-founded war from the start. Fuck, even Poppy Bush had more sense not to tread where Doofus Junior chose to go. Look what it got us. An Endless War where the "goal line" changes according to how the partisan winds are blowing.

If you read what I post, then how do you get your translation out of "I do not now nor have I believed since 1991 that removing Saddam Hussein from power was the strategically correct move?" You can search if you want, but you will not find a post by me that contradicts that stance.

And while you're being so smart, DO tell me EXACTLY what my "blind support for this war" entails. Feel free to fill me in on all the details of what my stance is on it.

Bush hasn't stopped the war so I will bitch until he does.

Bitching and making false accusations are two different things.

Your amateur psychoanalysis of me and my views is amusing. Wrong, but still amusing.

I don't have to psychoanalyze anything. You put the shit right out here for everyone to read on a daily basis. Not the slightest guesswork required.

And your deflective insult does not address the statement I made at all.

How many times have we seen you and your amigos do exactly the same thing when one of those "you don't know what kind of successes we have had over here" articles shows up in some local media? Pot meet kettle.

Prove it. The evidence that supports my statment is your posting the link. Now find one I have posted that meets your little criteria above.

I would ask you the very same thing.

Why? I have yet to state one.

What exactly is the mission again? Weapons of mass destruction? Removing Saddam? Nuclear weapons? What is the mission TODAY, Gunny?

The mission today is the same as it has been since Day One. Remove Saddam from power and install a democratic government and remian until it can stand on its own.

Your attempts to say it's anything else are just that ... mere attempts.

Nice strawman.

Poor deflection.

Don't quit your day job, whatever it is, because your new profession as Amateur Psychoanalysist isn't cutting it.

This war was a cluster fuck from the beginning and when every stated "goal" was missed, new "goals" became the objective. This is a the classic bait-and-switch. Sorry you fell for it. I refused to play the game from the outset because I refused to accept the parameters of the game knowing full well there was no reasonable outcome to benefit either ourselves or the Iraqis.

Your claim that if you quit before you are done you are a loser doesn't apply if the game is rigged against you before it even begins. If you follow a rigged game to it's disasterous conclusion, you are an idiot.
    The goals haven't changed ... only your revolving accusations. You appear to have quite the fertile imagination. The goal of supporting a democratically elected Iraqi government until it can support itself is easily attainable. If you'd get out of lockstep formation and remove the blinders, it's pretty easy to see.

And you can save your brainwashing predictions of doom for someone willing to buy the nonsense.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You again failed to support the Strawman you threw at me. You failed to show how my saying that the job is to stay alive and come home is "hiding" or that it "neglects" the missions or any other such thing. Stop arguing with yourself and either put up the link that you claimed I said I was DISRESPECTFUL of the troops. Don't pull some neocon asswash out of your rear end. Post the actual link.

stop the silly name calling and listen carefully-----IT'S NOT A LINK

The troops have a mission much larger than staying alive. They do it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

stop the silly name calling and listen carefully-----IT'S NOT A LINK

The troops have a mission much larger than staying alive. They do it.
    The Baron? Call names? You have that ALL wrong dillo ... he only gets called names .... ask him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Baron? Call names? You have that ALL wrong dillo ... he only gets called names .... ask him.
    Some of these postings aren't worth a response anymore--neg rep--move on.
    Arguing with stupid is stupid of me.