Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    It could be, then again it may not be. It it up to each person to make that decision for themselves.
    Seeing that He is the only person historically could raise someone from the dead that should give you a clue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who are you to decide which is greater? The only reason those two gospels are not in the Bible is because there were voted out at The Council of Nicaea because they made Jesus appear to be mortal and not the son of God. So a bunch of scholars at the time made that decision, hardly credible. That makes it a speculation, not fact.
    Ok, so according to you, those "gospels" are fact?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post

ETCETERA.
    I believe because it's the only reasonable scientific explanation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOki;58998]I didn't pick out your God on purpose, you know. Sorry about your luck.
    You are right, God is not one person's "god." He is God. I AM.

If there is no room in a God's love to accomodate defiance of evil (if evil is commanded) then that God is not capable of love.
    So if X rapes your mother, then rapes your father, your brother, your sister, and you, will you accomodate? Evil commanded? Surely you jest Sir...

A God whose divine vanity is so fragile that he cannot tolerate any disobedience what-so-ever--so much so that He'd condemn such disobediece to eternal torture--cannot be considered a "good" God.
    You obviously have never read the Bible. There is no eternal torture, there is simply eternal sleep or "death." As to disobedience, get your facts straight before posting.

Any such petty, vain, sadistic, and bloodthirsty God, whose religion would feature human suffering and torture, would certainly be evil, and certainly would be my enemy, as well as the enemy of His victims, and the enemy of good people everywhere.
    I suggest reading what you speak of before pronouncing judgment. You would want the same for you. No? And no cherry picking, for you would dislike that if a poster did that to you. No?

I suppose I take some umbrage at the way people have taken it upon themselves to visit upon their fellows every evil concievable--including, but in no way limited to, theft, murder, slavery, and most importantly, human sacrifice--and call it God's love. It occurs to me that this notion of obediance=love really derives from the cowardly vanity of people who demand unquestioning obediance from their fellows; people who claim that such-and-such is God's will, and you better "toe the line fellah" or you'll burn for eternity.
    Human sacrifice?

I don't take the admonitions from such folks too seriously, because if I had to, I'd also have to take seriously that they are no less evil than their God. And unlike their God, I have enough love for them to allow the benefit of the doubt. My God does too.

Your god?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It could be, then again it may not be. It it up to each person to make that decision for themselves.
    Actually, it's either true or it's not true. If you don't believe me, try that 'each person has their own truth' stuff on your bank. Belief doesn't change fact, and 'deciding' that Jesus didn't raise people from the dead makes in no more or less true than believing you have $1 million in the bank will not directly affect your actual balance.
    "Lighght"
    - This 'poem' was bought and paid for with $2,250 of YOUR money.

Name one thing the government does better than the private sector and I'll show you something that requires the use of force to accomplish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Ok, so according to you, those "gospels" are fact?
    I never said they were fact. Everything is a speculation, each person believes what thay want that's the beauty of it.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

What right-wing hate site is this reprinted (without attribution) from?

God loves all his people. He died on the cross for your sins. All those who believe will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
    Believe it or not, God's Kingdom is open to Muslims. They worship God, in their own way. God's Kingdom is open to blacks and illegal aliens. It is even open to homosexuals.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .........

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

God loves all his people. He died on the cross for your sins. All those who believe will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
    Believe it or not, God's Kingdom is open to Muslims. They worship God, in their own way. God's Kingdom is open to blacks and illegal aliens. It is even open to homosexuals.
    Uhhhhh Jesus died on the cross not God.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Don't know but its wrong. Muzzys and homos won't be in heaven.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Uhhhhh Jesus died on the cross not God.
    Jesus is God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where in the Bible does it say that God "Loves all" - odd because I recall in Romans Chapter 9 where it says "God Loved Jacob but hated Esau he hated"..

Jesus did say "no man comes to the father except through ME"...

He didn't say you can "come to the father any which way you deem appropriate or thru Mohammad, or any other religious icon"...

And yes, the Kingdom of God is open to those who have recieved the Gift of salvation and have repented of their sinful ways..
    Last edited by -Cp; 05-15-2007 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ...........

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Jesus is God.
    Jesus is the supposed son of god.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I never said they were fact. Everything is a speculation, each person believes what thay want that's the beauty of it.
    Really?

I believe in God, but I dont believe the Bible is accurate. All that should matter is if you believe. How it happened is irrelevent. I also dont believe Jesus is the son God, but I do believe he is a savior because he gave his life for the betterment of society

Here you mention your opinion, but it is clear from the post above and the post below, that you take this "opinion" as fact. Yes. Why else are you so determined to make your point?

My mistake, the Gospel Accordint to Phillip and the Gospel According to Mary point to Mary being Jesus's wife. One's interpertaion would make him a mortal and thats my opinion, im not stating fact here im stating and opinion, just like in my opinion parts of the Bible are opinion. For those of you who out there who have not read the Gospel According to Phillip here is an excerpt from it as the whole Gospel would be two long to put here.

"As for the Wisdom who is called "the barren," she is the mother of the angels. And the companion of the [...] Mary Magdalene. [...] loved her more than all the disciples, and used to kiss her often on her mouth. The rest of the disciples [...]. They said to him "Why do you love her more than all of us?" The Savior answered and said to them,"Why do I not love you like her? When a blind man and one who sees are both together in darkness, they are no different from one another. When the light comes, then he who sees will see the light, and he who is blind will remain in darkness."

The Lord said, "Blessed is he who is before he came into being. For he who is, has been and shall be."

Now in those days a companion meant spouse.

The last underlined/bolded is true. It does not negate what has been said here. IMHO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Jesus is the supposed son of god.
    There is no valid argument to justify your position.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

God loves all his people. He died on the cross for your sins.
    Wrong demon seed. God's son Jesus Christ died on the cross.

All those who believe will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Believe it or not, God's Kingdom is open to Muslims. They worship God, in their own way.
    Muslims don't believe in God. They believe in Allah, who is not God. There's no seventy two virgins waiting in Heaven for anyone. You have to a born again Christian to enter heaven.

God's Kingdom is open to blacks and illegal aliens. It is even open to homosexuals.
    Wrong devil child. The Bible very specifically points out that fags will NOT enter the kingdom of heaven.

Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (I CORINTHIANS 6:9-11).
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 05-16-2007 at 03:42 AM.