Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default iPhone catches wife cheating....

It was only a matter of time, and it took, well, 2 days.

The new iPhone 4S has a built in feature called 'Find My Friends' The idea is a simple one, you connect your phone to a friends via a passcode, and then whenever you both turn it on (in the same way that you turn on bluetooth for example) the phones you are connected with can see you on their Maps App as a wee blue dot, of course you can sever the connection at any time and require a new passcode until they can see you again.

SO say you and a friend are at a park or something, you can share pass codes, see each other on the map and find each other. Parents are also able to lock the system 'on' via parental controls to make sure their son/daughter really is staying at Mikes for the night and not sneaking off to Savannahs for some woo-hoo.

Buuuuut, this wife forgot to turn hers off, told her hubby she was somewhere, when her iPhone told him otherwise.

i have no doubt this will be a useful feature, but the question is, given the ease at which it could be forgotten about, should we have the option to use our phones as GPS beacons, or not? Is it simply a case of those who are cheating deserve to be caught anyways?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    It was only a matter of time, and it took, well, 2 days.

The new iPhone 4S has a built in feature called 'Find My Friends' The idea is a simple one, you connect your phone to a friends via a passcode, and then whenever you both turn it on (in the same way that you turn on bluetooth for example) the phones you are connected with can see you on their Maps App as a wee blue dot, of course you can sever the connection at any time and require a new passcode until they can see you again.

SO say you and a friend are at a park or something, you can share pass codes, see each other on the map and find each other. Parents are also able to lock the system 'on' via parental controls to make sure their son/daughter really is staying at Mikes for the night and not sneaking off to Savannahs for some woo-hoo.

Buuuuut, this wife forgot to turn hers off, told her hubby she was somewhere, when her iPhone told him otherwise.

i have no doubt this will be a useful feature, but the question is, given the ease at which it could be forgotten about, should we have the option to use our phones as GPS beacons, or not? Is it simply a case of those who are cheating deserve to be caught anyways?
    Who cares?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Who cares?
    You cared enough to post, means allot to me (:
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

remarkable technology compared to cell phones when I was in skool. I can bet the woman, should we follow this story, will end up being 'the victim'. It's how it generally plays out.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    remarkable technology compared to cell phones when I was in skool. I can bet the woman, should we follow this story, will end up being 'the victim'. It's how it generally plays out.
    it depends, some are saying she left it on, others that he activated the setting without her knowledge...could be very interesting if it came to court...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You cared enough to post, means allot to me (:
    I cared enough to point out you're a waste of oxygen.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I cared enough to point out you're a waste of oxygen.
    Much like this post right here... Don't like it Don't post in the thread... See how that works??????

Talk about waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Friends and family keeping track sorta makes sense but it's a 2 edged sword. . seems like The small personal consumer benefits don't come close to benefits businesses and gov'ts find useful in mass of info like this. If there was a way to keep the companies from storing the info, or passing it on too 3rd parties, or even block there use, AND/OR make PUBLIC officials records PUBLIC, if a company buys/get mass info they have to reveal their own, then I'd be fine with it
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

of course the moral of this story is don't marry a bitch you can't trust.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    of course the moral of this story is don't marry a bitch you can't trust.
    I thought the moral would lie with the woman in terms of 'don't cheat' lol
    But I guess people look at things in different ways, though I there is nothing to suggest that the man didn't trust his wife when they married. You can't not marry someone because you think in the future you may not trust them lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought the moral would lie with the woman in terms of 'don't cheat' lol
    But I guess people look at things in different ways, though I there is nothing to suggest that the man didn't trust his wife when they married. You can't not marry someone because you think in the future you may not trust them lol
    No, but you CAN get to know the moral fiber of a person before you marry them.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

No, but you CAN get to know the moral fiber of a person before you marry them.
    Lol, Mkay, so for anyone who's had a husband/wife that's cheated on them, you should of known better...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol, Mkay, so for anyone who's had a husband/wife that's cheated on them, you should of known better...

Well of course not it ALL situations, but as a general rule? You bet, a little due diligence will you prevent a person from marrying someone who cheats, drinks in excess, does drugs, robs banks, etc etc.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Well of course not it ALL situations, but as a general rule? You bet, a little due diligence will you prevent a person from marrying someone who cheats, drinks in excess, does drugs, robs banks, etc etc.
    I'd say not, heck, i couldn't of predicted when i was 13 that at 21 i'd be Vegan, and i'd known myself pretty damn well for 13 years! How you would expect someone to know who they are going to be, never mind their partner, in 10, 20, 30 years time etc is beyond me. But anyways this is a discussion that can kinda go nowhere.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'd say not, heck, i couldn't of predicted when i was 13 that at 21 i'd be Vegan, and i'd known myself pretty damn well for 13 years! How you would expect someone to know who they are going to be, never mind their partner, in 10, 20, 30 years time etc is beyond me. But anyways this is a discussion that can kinda go nowhere.
    That's probably why 13 yr-olds aren't allowed to get married...

So far as the moral of the story-- be honest. Lying is what got her pinched; not the phone.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99