Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Default Thoughts and prayers for my sister

As many of you know, I have a younger sister who has been battling cancer for 8 years. Last summer she had congestive heart failure and complete renal failure and all of your thoughts, prayers and positive energy helped pull her through that one. After a week in the hospital and a month up here recuperating with me she was able to go home and participate in a new clinical trial.

However, the new chemo didn't work....the cancer came back with a vengeance. This summer they found two tumors in her lungs and one on her ovaries. Her doctor told her to prepare her bucket list and we completed a couple of them in September. Then they decided she qualified to have a new type of radiation therapy for the tumors in the lungs called:

The CyberKnife® Robotic Radiosurgery System is a non-invasive alternative to surgery for the treatment of both cancerous and non-cancerous tumors anywhere in the body, including the prostate, lung, brain, spine, liver, pancreas and kidney. The treatment – which delivers high doses of radiation to tumors with extreme accuracy – offers new hope to patients who have inoperable or surgically complex tumors, or who may be looking for a non-surgical option. To date, more than 100,000 patients have been treated and 240 systems are installed worldwide.

http://www.cyberknife.com/CyberknifeTreat.aspx
    In order to use this machine they had to do some minor surgery and implant some magnets in her lungs. After she got past that, then the treatments were 45 min on three different days. Sure beats the old radiation therapy of seven weeks. We don't know when/what they will do about the ovarian tumor; I'll keep you posted.

She's very weak and tired and it would be nice to have your positive thoughts and prayers once again.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Prayers and thoughts are on their way S, and they will continue on a daily basis

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

SL I do remember your posting on her, she is in my prayers again. All the best for her and hers!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Aww, Sassy. <3 to you and your dear sister.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm so sorry to hear this.
    I’ll believe a corporation is a person when Texas executes one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Thanks everyone for your kind words, positive thoughts and prayers. Drove down on Friday to visit with my sister(s) (who are identical twins BTW). We went out Friday night to celebrate the end of the radiation treatments and had a good time. Lots of people ... she has a great support network.

Guess what ... I had not played pool in almost 20 years and I discovered that it's like riding a bike...you never forget the basics (my mom was a pool shark and taught us well).

Anyway, sister is in lots of pain and has hard time breathing; doctor is putting her back on the Herceptin and chemo ... which means she has to go in once a week and get hooked up to an IV .... she really did want to come up and stay with me for awhile. That's our next goal ... to get her cancer controlled enough so she can come visit for a couple of weeks.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Thanks everyone for your kind words, positive thoughts and prayers. Drove down on Friday to visit with my sister(s) (who are identical twins BTW). We went out Friday night to celebrate the end of the radiation treatments and had a good time. Lots of people ... she has a great support network.

Guess what ... I had not played pool in almost 20 years and I discovered that it's like riding a bike...you never forget the basics (my mom was a pool shark and taught us well).

Anyway, sister is in lots of pain and has hard time breathing; doctor is putting her back on the Herceptin and chemo ... which means she has to go in once a week and get hooked up to an IV .... she really did want to come up and stay with me for awhile. That's our next goal ... to get her cancer controlled enough so she can come visit for a couple of weeks.

The thoughts and prayers continue SL, and I do hope she is able to make the trip

God bless you and your family

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Prayers for sis- she's a fighter like you..
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey