Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default The scientific research homosexuality thread

WARNING!! MAY BE TOO INTELLECTUAL FOR SOME MEMBERS

This is a thread for PROOF of homosexuality as a genetic aberation. This is NOT a thread for name calling, mud slinging and personal insults. If you can't back up your statement with ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC PROOF, then don't post anything.

I am a Christian. I believe in God. I have read The Bible.
    I am also a graduate psychology student. Scientific research has come a long way since The Bible was compiled in 300 A.D. Humans are no longer sacrificed to "appease God." Menstruating women are not exiled while they are "unclean." A lot of things are not as they once were.
    The genetics of homosexuality were initially studied on animals. As much research is. When genetic makeups of fruit flies and various animals were altered in a specific way, the subjects were no longer interested in mating with the opposite sex.
    D.F. Swaab found in some post-mortem examinations of homosexual males' brains that a portion of the hypothalamus of the brain was structurally different than a heterosexual brain. The hypothalamus is the portion of the human brain directly related to sexual drive and function. In the homosexual brains examined, a small portion of the hypothalamus, termed the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), was found to be twice the size of its heterosexual counterpart.
    Different levels of sperm that implant in a female egg also have been found to produce a different genetic profile. This has been proven to lead to what is now termed "oversexed" males and females. They can become highly sexed, or "non-sexed", which refers to preferring ones own sex, as opposed to the opposite sex.

Remember, this is a research based thread. DO NOT quote scripture. Do not quote "studies" commissioned and undertaken by biased religious group meant to produce a pre-determined outcome.
    If you can find an unbiased scientific study that proves homosexuality is not genetic, feel free to post it.

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn6519

http://www.skeptictank.org/gaygene.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3735668.stm

http://allpsych.com/journal/homosexuality.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well...... the above sentence sure invites.........DEBATE...
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post

Well...... the above sentence sure invites.........DEBATE...
    Mass debate?
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Although you probably scared off most of the believers in the genetic foundation of homosexuality, gabby, by your admonishing post, I am going to kick in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

This is a thread for PROOF of homosexuality as a genetic aberation. This is NOT a thread for name calling, mud slinging and personal insults. If you can't back up your statement with ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC PROOF, then don't post anything.

I am a Christian. I believe in God. I have read The Bible.
    I am also a graduate psychology student. Scientific research has come a long way since The Bible was compiled in 300 A.D. Humans are no longer sacrificed to "appease God." Menstruating women are not exiled while they are "unclean." A lot of things are not as they once were.
    The genetics of homosexuality were initially studied on animals. As much research is. When genetic makeups of fruit flies and various animals were altered in a specific way, the subjects were no longer interested in mating with the opposite sex.
    D.F. Swaab found in some post-mortem examinations of homosexual males' brains that a portion of the hypothalamus of the brain was structurally different than a heterosexual brain. The hypothalamus is the portion of the human brain directly related to sexual drive and function. In the homosexual brains examined, a small portion of the hypothalamus, termed the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), was found to be twice the size of its heterosexual counterpart.
    Different levels of sperm that implant in a female egg also have been found to produce a different genetic profile. This has been proven to lead to what is now termed "oversexed" males and females. They can become highly sexed, or "non-sexed", which refers to preferring ones own sex, as opposed to the opposite sex.

Remember, this is a research based thread. DO NOT quote scripture. Do not quote "studies" commissioned and undertaken by biased religious group meant to produce a pre-determined outcome.
    If you can find an unbiased scientific study that proves homosexuality is not genetic, feel free to post it.

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn6519

http://www.skeptictank.org/gaygene.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3735668.stm

http://allpsych.com/journal/homosexuality.html
    I am a 57 year old straight man that has no clue as to the cause or effect of the homosexual animal. I have known many admitted homosexuals in my military, civilian and political careers. I know they would mostly be very glad to change their propensities and I also know they simply cannot be successful in their attempts to do so.

Anamoly, aberation, whatever you want to call it, homosexuality is very real and simply must be accepted as another of the misunderstood gifts of God. These people, the homosexuals that I do and have known, are not enemies of mine, yours or anyone else's. They ask only for the proper considerations that all of us respect and expect. They are not after our children, our spouses, our neighbors or anyone else to embrace their propensities in sexual matters as their own. In fact, they would prefer to be left alone for the large part.

I have lot's of thoughts and observations about the homosexual communities and I think this is as good a place as any to discuss it. I hope there are a few homosexuals amongst us that will give us their own thoughts on this subject.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While I agree.....that there is some who are homosexual by Genetic defect-mix up, whatever you want to call it..

I also believe a large majority........is by CHOICE...

And nobody is denying them anything....The majority of people are willing to let it go at that...
    They and other's are the one's SHOVING this in our faces as........we are wrong for not accepting it...as normal...

If it was SO normal.......Then why is the population of homosexuals in the United States...only 5%..???

I don't care what they do....But, I am sick of being called names,(bigot, racist, homophobe, denying them their CIVIL RIGHTS)... because I don't see it.........AS NORMAL....

THAT'S ALL......
    Last edited by stephanie; 05-15-2007 at 11:56 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You killed your own argument when you described "CHOICE". I no more believe that a homosexual has a choice than I believe in Santa Claus.

While I agree.....that there is some who are homosexual by Genetic defect-mix up, whatever you want to call it..

I also believe a large majority........is by CHOICE...

And nobody is denying them anything....The majority of people are willing to let it go at that...
    They and other's are the one's SHOVING this in our faces as........we are wrong for not accepting it...as normal...

If it was SO normal.......Then why is the population of homosexuals in the United States...only 5%..???

I don't care what they do....But, I am sick of being called names,(bigot, racist, homophobe, denying them their CIVIL RIGHTS)... because I don't see it.........AS NORMAL....

THAT'S ALL......
    Homosexual Choice and Santa Claus are both very popular myths believed by the very young or at least the very ignorant. I have no doubt that homosexuals do not desire their dispositions and subsequent rejections by mostly rabid radicals of the religious persuasions and others that tend to so afraid of them. They are simply what they are. God Bless Them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho blues View Post
    You killed your own argument when you described "CHOICE". I no more believe that a homosexual has a choice than I believe in Santa Claus.

Homosexual Choice and Santa Claus are both very popular myths believed by the very young or at least the very ignorant. I have no doubt that homosexuals do not desire their dispositions and subsequent rejections by mostly rabid radicals of the religious persuasions and others that tend to so afraid of them. They are simply what they are. God Bless Them.

You ruined your argument, when you brought...Santa Claus into it...

No more need be said.....When you all try and convince us..that we're the idiots of not understanding homosexuals..
    Last edited by stephanie; 05-16-2007 at 02:06 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My dear, my dear, my dear.

You ruined your argument, when you brought...Santa Claus into it...

No more need be said.....When you all try and convince us..that we're the idiots of not understanding homosexuals..
    You have no clue as to what I was talking about, do you? Santa Claus indeed!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My dear, my dear, my dear.

You have no clue as to what I was talking about, do you? Santa Claus indeed!!!!!!!
    Duhhhh...
    I also heard of the Ester Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Elvis is still alive..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    This is NOT a thread for name calling, mud slinging and personal insults. If you can't back up your statement with ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC PROOF, then don't post anything.
    ROFLMFAO!!!

In other words demon girl, you figure you can go anywhere on the board and shit in every single thread you're in, but NO ONE CAN DO IT IN YOUR'S? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH HA HA HA HA!!!

Here's a good one miss jihad... "WHAT LIBERAL HATE SITE DID YOU GET THAT PIECE OF SHIT FROM?" Sound familiar? It should. It's what we always hear from YOU!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get real or get out is my advise to you, pr.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    ROFLMFAO!!!

In other words demon girl, you figure you can go anywhere on the board and shit in every single thread you're in, but NO ONE CAN DO IT IN YOUR'S? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH HA HA HA HA!!!

Here's a good one miss jihad... "WHAT LIBERAL HATE SITE DID YOU GET THAT PIECE OF SHIT FROM?" Sound familiar? It should. It's what we always hear from YOU!
    The good lord knows you have shat upon many otherwise very good threads with your bullying and loud talking bullshit.

Let this one progress without your nonsensical contributions. We all already know what an idiot that you are.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    I am a 57 year old straight man that has no clue as to the cause or effect of the homosexual animal. I have known many admitted homosexuals in my military, civilian and political careers. I know they would mostly be very glad to change their propensities and I also know they simply cannot be successful in their attempts to do so.
    57, and you act 15. Many, many homo's have been successfully treated for and cured. It's just to bad there is such a massive effort being lead by the fag and lezbo community to stifle it. This is but one example of people being cured...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=34943

They ask only for the proper considerations that all of us respect and expect. They are not after our children, our spouses, our neighbors or anyone else to embrace their propensities in sexual matters as their own. In fact, they would prefer to be left alone for the large part.
    BULL..... SHIT!
    The homosexuals of today want EVERY SINGLE VOICE OF OPPOSITION TO THEIR SICKNESS TO BE SILENCED! They push their agenda harder than most others ever dream of. They push for laws to be passed so that if you say ANYTHING about them, it's HATE SPEACH. They push to have CHILDREN, IN SCHOOLS, taught that they are cutsie and fun, yeah... we're GAY, changing what they call themselves to something different to make themselves sound all warm and fuzzy, when the truth is they're disgusting, perverted and mentally ill. They have their massive, extravaganza parades all dressed up in every type of sicko, perverted crap they can muster without getting arrested, and march down the street parading their perversion IN YOUR FACE. YEAH, THAT'S REALLY WHAT I CALL WANTING TO BE LEFT ALONE.

I have lot's of thoughts and observations about the homosexual communities and I think this is as good a place as any to discuss it. I hope there are a few homosexuals amongst us that will give us their own thoughts on this subject.
    I don't. They need to seek help. That's all.

And you people need to stop lying to them and enabling them. You do them a disservice by doing so. They need to be told they're ill, not that what they're doing is all warm and fuzzy and OK. They need treatment, not acceptance.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 05-16-2007 at 04:08 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get real or get out is my advise to you, pr.

The good lord knows you have shat upon many otherwise very good threads with your bullying and loud talking bullshit.

Let this one progress without your nonsensical contributions. We all already know what an idiot that you are.
    When the author of this thread has SHIT in practically EVERY THREAD SHE'S BEEN IN, SHE DOESN'T DESERVE OR HAVE THE RIGHT TO DICTATE HOW THIS ONE IS GOING TO BE, and YOU, you don't have any right to dictate either. Both of you asswipes have done more harm to this board than good. Don't look to the rest of us for any favors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didn't come here looking for favors and I don't expect any, pr.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    When the author of this thread has SHIT in practically EVERY THREAD SHE'S BEEN IN, SHE DOESN'T DESERVE OR HAVE THE RIGHT TO DICTATE HOW THIS ONE IS GOING TO BE, and YOU, you don't have any right to dictate either. Both of you asswipes have done more harm to this board than good. Don't look to the rest of us for any favors.
    Chill, just a littlle, and respond to the post as administered by the author.

Are you too stupid to do that or are you just too adversely indoctrinated to have the ability?

So far, you ain't making your case.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didn't come here looking for favors and I don't expect any, pr.

Chill, just a little, and respond to the post as administered by the author.

Are you too stupid to do that or are you just too adversely indoctrinated to have the ability?

So far, you ain't making your case.
    What the hell does it matter.......

When people here do voice their feeling and opinions on it...

We're just told were idiots, homophobes, racist, bigots, intolerable....

So, really why the fuck bother????

I gave my honest opinion on how I felt above, and it was just brushed aside, as if I an a fucking idiot, who knows nothing......So......why bother...
    Last edited by stephanie; 05-16-2007 at 04:36 AM.