Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, and I am just a banana hanging in a bunch on a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    What the hell does it matter.......

When people here do voice their feeling and opinions on it...

We're just told were idiots, homophobes, racist, bigots, intolerable....

So, really why the fuck bother????

I gave my honest opinion on how I felt above, and it was just brushed aside, as if I an a fucking idiot, who knows nothing......So......why bother...
    Give it a damn or give it up. That is your choice, not mine. I have been condemned and made fun of from the very day I signed on to even the old board. Shake it off like a duck out of the lake, staphy. And don't ever use again any sympathy ploy to elicit compassion from me. You have already burned that candle.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho blues View Post
    Yeah, and I am just a banana hanging in a bunch on a tree.

Give it a damn or give it up. That is your choice, not mine. I have been condemned and made fun of from the very day I signed on to even the old board. Shake it off like a duck out of the lake, staphy. And don't ever use again any sympathy ploy to elicit compassion from me. You have already burned that candle.

I've had with you.......tonight...

Good nite........my friend....
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't let your weakness exacerbate your tenacity, staphy.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I've had with you.......tonight...

Good nite........my friend....
    Meow!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

Mothers of gay men produced an average of 2.7 babies compared with 2.3 born to mothers of straight men. And maternal aunts of gay men had 2.0 babies compared with 1.5 born to the maternal aunts of straight men.

“This is a novel finding," says Simon LeVay, a neuroscientist and commentator on sexuality at Stanford University in California. “We think of it as genes for ‘male homosexuality’, but it might really be genes for sexual attraction to men. These could predispose men towards homosexuality and women towards ‘hyper-heterosexuality’, causing women to have more sex with men and thus have more offspring.”
    That's quite a stretch for the "commentator on sexuality" to say that queer is genetic simply because mothers of queers have more babies. That does not appear to be the findings of the actual researchers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The scientists say they transplanted a single gene into the flies that caused them to display homosexual behavior. And that's very interesting, they assert, because a related gene exists in human beings, although there is no evidence yet that the human gene has an effect on sexual preference.
    1. What scientist transplanted the first gay gene into humans back 5000 years ago? Oops- didn't have gene splicing back then.
    2. A "related gene"? One change in a molecule and it affects its behaivior.
    3. "there is no evidence yet that the human gene has an effect on sexual preference".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

This is more comment on your first study.

Scientists doing DNA studies on homosexual brothers pinpointed 'culprit' genetic material to a region of the X chromosome that mothers pass on to their offspring.

But other researchers in the US have not been able to replicate these findings.
    The ability for independent scientists to reproduce the results is a key element in proving a scientific relationship. Therefore the study is bull.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

We have examined many causes for homosexuality in the preceding pages, both biological and social. And although an interesting topic of debate, no one theory or experiment leads to a definitive answer. ....
    In other words: no gay gene proven.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I am a Christian. I believe in God. I have read The Bible.

I'm sorry, but Christians believe in what Christ said. Christians believe the Bible. If you 'think' you are a christian, yet refuse God's CLEAR instruction on what behaviours and attitudes to avoid, you claim christ in vain.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what about the hypothalmus on alive homosexuals? or is it oversized because gay people are a little 'looser' when it comes to who and how many ppl they can get with?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I believe it is sad that, from all the responses so far, only Glockmail has been able to supply responses derived from EDUCATED SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH.
    I didn't expect an intelligent response from Pale, who I suspect never finished high school. I am disappointed that no one else could counter my arguments.

Yes, the Bible says homosexuality is wrong. The Bible says that a LOT of things are wrong. Please point out the passage in the Bible stating that homosexuality is a choice.
    You might as well say that birth defects are a choice. Perhaps MS or lung cancer are a choice.

God said to "love thy neighbor." Many of you defy that edict on a daily basis. Why are you defying God's personal instructions? Perhaps we should lump you in with the homosexuals.

The thread remains. Put up or shut up.

Thanks to Glockmail, by the way. At least I got through to someone.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I believe it is sad that, from all the responses so far, only Glockmail has been able to supply responses derived from EDUCATED SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH.
    I didn't expect an intelligent response from Pale, who I suspect never finished high school. I am disappointed that no one else could counter my arguments.

Yes, the Bible says homosexuality is wrong. The Bible says that a LOT of things are wrong. Please point out the passage in the Bible stating that homosexuality is a choice.
    You might as well say that birth defects are a choice. Perhaps MS or lung cancer are a choice.

God said to "love thy neighbor." Many of you defy that edict on a daily basis. Why are you defying God's personal instructions? Perhaps we should lump you in with the homosexuals.

The thread remains. Put up or shut up.

Thanks to Glockmail, by the way. At least I got through to someone.
    You are such a hypocrite - you sit there and preach against people for 'not loving their neighbor' yet you rail and cuss and flame users DAILY. Nobody who knows Christ HATES homosexUALS. Get it through your head; the concept that Christians are HELPING Homosexuals when they condemn homosexual behaviour - along with lying, cheating, killing, stealing, etc.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    what about the hypothalmus on alive homosexuals? or is it oversized because gay people are a little 'looser' when it comes to who and how many ppl they can get with?
    The most famous of all the "gay brain" studies must surely be the research of Simon LeVay, who claimed that he discovered a modest but significant difference in the size of an already tiny section of the brain, the hypothalamus, in a group of dead straight and gay men. His 1993 book The Sexual Brain is an effort at popularizing his theory that sexuality in all its forms is ultimately attributable to physical structures of our brains, everything from mere sexual orientation to preferences for specific kinds of sexual acts and positions. The many serious flaws in LeVay's research and conclusions have been pointed out repeatedly, as have the tentative and problematic nature of the other work that has been done on identifying the biological causes of homosexuality. For example, there was no way to tell from the brains LeVay studied whether the differences in brain structure were the cause or the effect of homosexual behavior. Moreover, there was no verifiable way to determine the men's actual sexual behavior, since they were dead by the time the research was done — the assumption was simply made that the ones who died from HIV infection were homosexuals.
    http://bad.eserver.org/issues/1994/14/sartelle.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thank you DMP

and for the flies...they had to 'adjust' them? so it was something wrong that could be fixed? and for the evolution ppl...how is homosexuality helping?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I am not the one castigating the homosexual lifestyle. Nor am I the one who makes post after post defiling blacks, Mexicans and Muslims. I make an attempt to understand all people. Instead of throwing an open hate blanket over all of them.

The assumption that all who die from HIV are homosexuals is wrong. HIV can be contracted from blood transfusions and shared needles, along with exchange of bodily fluids with an infected person. This has led to an alarming rise in the number of straight people dying from HIV.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I am not the one castigating the homosexual lifestyle.
    But you are the person claiming Christianity, yet continuously flaming, spewing hatred, intolerance and vile against those with whom you disagree. Irony.

GOD castigates the homosexual lifestyle. He's VERY clear in the Bible. Are you a buffet-style Christian? Be careful about that.