Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default NASCAR joins the political game

I don't Obama's desperate try for votes is pathetic , the NASCAR fans wont fall for this

Billed as part of first lady Michelle Obama’s “Joining Forces” initiative for military families — and perhaps as a way to woo average American voters — Mrs. Obama and Vice President Joe Biden’s wife, Dr. Jill Biden, will serve as Grand Marshals of the November 20 season-ending NASCAR Ford 400.

http://patriotupdate.com/14516/miche...shal-of-nascar
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Don't worry, Michelle won't stand out against 150,000 rednecks!

And fu%$ Nascar too. I wanted JJ to get his 6th straight and instead I have to watch that bloated piece of crap Stewart chase Edwards. I hope Stewart crashes in one of these last 2 and Carl gets the trophy.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

There are black Nascar fans, few admittedly, but some. Curiously, most all I've seen are Dale Jr fans.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    There are black Nascar fans, few admittedly, but some. Curiously, most all I've seen are Dale Jr fans.
    Ok, Michelle and 149,900 rednecks!

Dale has more fans, easily, than any other driver. It blows my mind too as he pretty much sucks. At first I blamed it on Budweiser, as maybe they were just fans because of the sponsor, but they're still following him. I did learn to like him and respect him more over the past 6-7yrs though. I thought he was a bit of a prick for awhile but he's seemed to mature a lot over the years.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have any of you ever been to a Nascar race? There are a good number of black fans and their money is as green as any. Nascar, as a private entity interested in profits, should be expected to pander to whatever group they are trying to attract in order to embellish that bottom line. In 2011 it seems that there are fewer and fewer places for "rednecks" and their like to find refuge.

As business people of any description, fuck a damned ignorant and typically broke redneck. The appointment by Nascar of 1st lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden as Honorary Grand Marshals for the season ending race is just plain ol' genius and any resentment of that should be totally ignored and considered manifest stupidity.

Redneckness has got to be a disease.
    You catch it on your fingers
    And it crawls right up your sleeves

Lyle Lovette

Psychoblues

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Don't worry, Michelle won't stand out against 150,000 rednecks!

And fu%$ Nascar too. I wanted JJ to get his 6th straight and instead I have to watch that bloated piece of crap Stewart chase Edwards. I hope Stewart crashes in one of these last 2 and Carl gets the trophy.
    JJ is hawt. Did you say something else?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ok, Michelle and 149,900 rednecks!

Dale has more fans, easily, than any other driver. It blows my mind too as he pretty much sucks. At first I blamed it on Budweiser, as maybe they were just fans because of the sponsor, but they're still following him. I did learn to like him and respect him more over the past 6-7yrs though. I thought he was a bit of a prick for awhile but he's seemed to mature a lot over the years.
    Nascar fans are die-hard committed to their drivers and their sponsors; more so than any other sport IMHO. I had a friend who was a Jeff Gordon fan(sponsored by dupont and pepsi, in case you didn't know). He had a whole room dedicated to Nascar, die cast cars on a wraparound shelf, used autographed track tires made into tables. #24 dupont Hood on the wall and matching walls and couch-- the whole nine. I remember one day he was telling me about how good Dasani water was, how it tasted better than any other water. I asked him, "you know that's a Coke product, right?"--Never saw it at his house again. It blew my mind, he was willing to forgo a product he thought was superior, because it didn't support his favorite team. That's the power of marketing I guess.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    Have any of you ever been to a Nascar race? There are a good number of black fans and their money is as green as any. Nascar, as a private entity interested in profits, should be expected to pander to whatever group they are trying to attract in order to embellish that bottom line. In 2011 it seems that there are fewer and fewer places for "rednecks" and their like to find refuge.

As business people of any description, fuck a damned ignorant and typically broke redneck. The appointment by Nascar of 1st lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden as Honorary Grand Marshals for the season ending race is just plain ol' genius and any resentment of that should be totally ignored and considered manifest stupidity.

Redneckness has got to be a disease.
    You catch it on your fingers
    And it crawls right up your sleeves

Lyle Lovette

Psychoblues
    I have been to a few races and your exactly right there are black race fans but they are there to watch a race not play political games and if they are there then more than likely they didn't buy into all that hope and change trash , color means nothing to that class of black folk so why would they or the broke rednecks give a dam about Obama ? AS a matter of fact they are the intelligent or at least the most down to earth that cant wait to get the Obama's out of the White house like the rest of the real world

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I have been to a few races and your exactly right there are black race fans but they are there to watch a race not play political games and if they are there then more than likely they didn't buy into all that hope and change trash , color means nothing to that class of black folk so why would they or the broke rednecks give a dam about Obama ? AS a matter of fact they are the intelligent or at least the most down to earth that cant wait to get the Obama's out of the White house like the rest of the real world
    PB thinks he's the only one in the world who watches Nascar or has attended an event. These fans will be so wound up as usual for the race that they aren't gonna give a crap about politicians wives. I'll be thrilled to watch the pre-race lead prayer but will be refilling my beverage when the food lecturing, fat eating beotch comes on the air.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Nascar fans are die-hard committed to their drivers and their sponsors; more so than any other sport IMHO. I had a friend who was a Jeff Gordon fan(sponsored by dupont and pepsi, in case you didn't know). He had a whole room dedicated to Nascar, die cast cars on a wraparound shelf, used autographed track tires made into tables. #24 dupont Hood on the wall and matching walls and couch-- the whole nine. I remember one day he was telling me about how good Dasani water was, how it tasted better than any other water. I asked him, "you know that's a Coke product, right?"--Never saw it at his house again. It blew my mind, he was willing to forgo a product he thought was superior, because it didn't support his favorite team. That's the power of marketing I guess.
    That's hilarious! And reminds me of myself. LOL I have just about everything ever made that is in "Black and Gold" or says "Steelers" on it. I don't care about sponsors though. The Steelers stadium is "Heinz Field", and I do my best not to purchase their products based on the lunacy of Teresa.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh, and I do try and shop at Lowe's instead of Home Depot. I do so as a Jimmie fan!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I stopped using Tide detergent when they pulled the their sponsorship from Ricky Rudd and gave it to "ol" DW.

But anyway, NASCAR has had politicians and candidates at the races for many decades. Wallace, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, and even Cindy McCain. The only time I saw the fans actually care was when I was at Daytona in 84 when Air force One came in to view while landing at the airport behind the backstretch with Reagan aboard.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That's hilarious! And reminds me of myself. LOL I have just about everything ever made that is in "Black and Gold" or says "Steelers" on it. I don't care about sponsors though. The Steelers stadium is "Heinz Field", and I do my best not to purchase their products based on the lunacy of Teresa.
    Oh, and I do try and shop at Lowe's instead of Home Depot. I do so as a Jimmie fan!!
    Exactly. Nascar fans are more committed. We shall see if politics can make an impact. I too am a Jimmie fan, and I don't shop at homedepot except for lumber, because they support FSC.org, a private sustainability certification org. I still have my contractors license and buy through the pro desk and I always tell them why i buy their lumber.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundaydriver View Post
    I stopped using Tide detergent when they pulled the their sponsorship from Ricky Rudd and gave it to "ol" DW.

But anyway, NASCAR has had politicians and candidates at the races for many decades. Wallace, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, and even Cindy McCain. The only time I saw the fans actually care was when I was at Daytona in 84 when Air force One came in to view while landing at the airport behind the backstretch with Reagan aboard.
    They still show that clip on TV sdd , if I remember right the Presidents was the Grand Marshall that day and started things via a phone on Air Force One ,But with fuel so high allot of those damned ignorant and typically broke rednecks( as PB calls them ) can hardly afford gas to get back and forth from work let alone go to a race ,the economy where it is, unemployment as it is, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets heckled , I am sure as most fans are Obama's feels the same way towards them as PB does , but one thing I am sure of is she wont be greeted as a Rock Star as her and her husband believe they are. Also on the minds of these fans are some of the drivers from the chase last year that wouldn't go meet him , they felt with the shape of this country maybe Obama ought to be doing something instead of having parties,( wow PB the fans aren't as ignorant as you thought )

And PB if I remember right aren't you a major fan of the Saturday night dirt track ? I love them also but lets face it most of those fans well lets just say Saturday night PARTY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I was rooting for JJ all year......or any of the Hendrick drivers. I got interested in the Hendrick team years ago because one of their sponsors is the National Guard.....plus Jimmy, Jeff, Dale and Mark are all very handsome men. I think I showed you guys a pic of my ex on the helicopter that picked up Dale's team and took them to the infield at Infinion a couple of years ago.

Too bad they all had major problems at Phoenix.

Edwards or Stewart? Hmmmmmmmmmm.....I think Edwards. Stewart seems more likable now, but he burned his bridges years ago and I just can't get behind him.

As for going to the races .... been in the infield many times, exciting but would much rather watch on TV.

PS.....I will be skipping all the pre-race activities.....delicate stomach these days and don't want to ruin the day.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.