Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Skyrim

anyone else addicted to this game? I hate the fucker. For real it is a HUGE game, something like 650 main areas to explore and another 300 minor areas. Just a giant game. A lot of fun.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Yeah my gfs hooked, barely spoke to me yetersay cus she was questing xD looks/sounds an awesome game.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Yeah my gfs hooked, barely spoke to me yetersay cus she was questing xD looks/sounds an awesome game.
    I got it for my Xbox 360 and the graphics are just unreal and it is no kidding the biggest map I've ever seen in a game.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series since Daggerfall. I got back into playing Oblivion heavily just waiting for Skyrim. It does not disappoint and never doubted that it would. I'm a PC guy, not much into consoles primarily due to the modding capabilities in PC game versions which extend the life of these games far more than the original, provided you have a good modding community which the Eldar Scrolls series does.

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog
    I got it for my Xbox 360 and the graphics are just unreal and it is no kidding the biggest map I've ever seen in a game.

They actually have scaled back world size from previous releases. To give you an idea, Skyrim is about 16 square miles in size. Daggerfall was 60,000+ square miles - that thing was ginormous!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    I've been a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series since Daggerfall. I got back into playing Oblivion heavily just waiting for Skyrim. It does not disappoint and never doubted that it would. I'm a PC guy, not much into consoles primarily due to the modding capabilities in PC game versions which extend the life of these games far more than the original, provided you have a good modding community which the Eldar Scrolls series does.

They actually have scaled back world size from previous releases. To give you an idea, Skyrim is about 16 square miles in size. Daggerfall was 60,000+ square miles - that thing was ginormous!

Seem I'm just the opposite of you. I prefer console to PC games. As for modding , with the addition of DLC games can be expanded on consoles and are. Oblivion was the first Elder Scrolls game I had ever played, never had even heard of it, just happened to buy it on a lark when I bought my launch day PS3. Loved it and love Skyrim even more.

Have you fought a dragon yet? Well I mean after the first one.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Out of wondering what are the system requirements for skyrim? (and what are you running it on?)

iirc my late 2009 iMac has an intel core duo 2.8 ghz processor and 4gb DDR3 ram, really doubt the processor will be enough but not sure...

Edit- thinking about it more i think it actually a 2.66 ghz processor.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog
    Have you fought a dragon yet? Well I mean after the first one

I think I'm level 26 or 27 right now and yeah, I have fought a bunch of them. In fact, it is almost becoming an annoyance because it seems that whenever I fast travel somewhere now there is one, sometimes even two, waiting for me. It wouldn't be so bad if they actually dropped cool loot but they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Noir
    Out of wondering what are the system requirements for skyrim?

Here are the min specs needed:

* CPU: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
    * RAM: 2 GB
    * HDD: 6 GB
    * Graphics: 512 MB card
    * Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
    * DirectX: Version 9.0c
    * Internet for Steam activation

Edit:
    To really enjoy the stunning graphics you obviously need a decent rig. I'm running a quad core @ 2.something Ghz, 6GB RAM, and a 640 MB video card. Not a monster machine but the graphics are great on it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I think I'm level 26 or 27 right now and yeah, I have fought a bunch of them. In fact, it is almost becoming an annoyance because it seems that whenever I fast travel somewhere now, there is one sometimes even two, waiting for me. It wouldn't be so bad if they actually dropped cool loot but they don't.

Edit:
    To really enjoy the stunning graphics you obviously need a decent rig. I'm running a quad core @ 2.something Ghz, 6GB RAM, and a 640 MB video card. Not a monster machine but the graphics are great on it.
    I've got a niggly feeling it only has 256 dedicated graphics. Curses >,>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sorry, I've been working Beta-test for Star Wars The Old Republic. Thank god they finally decided to open up the beta so I can talk about, but Skyrim does look pretty awesome.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I'm level 26 or 27 right now and yeah, I have fought a bunch of them. In fact, it is almost becoming an annoyance because it seems that whenever I fast travel somewhere now there is one, sometimes even two, waiting for me. It wouldn't be so bad if they actually dropped cool loot but they don't.

Edit:

I would say the same thing about wild animals. There's too many of them. You can't go 10 feet from a city without half a dozen wolves attacking you, and they don't even give you much in the way of rewards.

The game is still fun though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    I would say the same thing about wild animals. There's too many of them. You can't go 10 feet from a city without half a dozen wolves attacking you, and they don't even give you much in the way of rewards.

The game is still fun though.
    Just save those skins from animals to get your Smithing to 100 if you're into it. I don't know if Bethesda meant smithing to level the way it does but basically all you need to do is craft 5 things to level up once in Smithing which means you can level all the way to 100 in one sitting in about 30 minutes just crafting leather bracers (assuming you have enough materials to do it in one shot). In any case it doesn't take long.
    I like crafting, improving, and enchanting my own weapons and armor specific to my build and being able to custom name your stuff is kinda cool too. The only thing Skyrim seems to be missing so far is the ability to craft your own spells. At least I haven't found a way to do it yet. If you find a way, please let me know

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I looked at Skyrim, but I like online multiplayer stuff (XBOX 360) so have a hard time getting into single player. Curretnly loving the heclk out of Battlefield 3. I just installed the remake of the original HALO (3D version) and played it a bit.... awesome in 3D by the way.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    LOL! I will check it out I guess.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just save those skins from animals to get your Smithing to 100 if you're into it. I don't know if Bethesda meant smithing to level the way it does but basically all you need to do is craft 5 things to level up once in Smithing which means you can level all the way to 100 in one sitting in about 30 minutes just crafting leather bracers (assuming you have enough materials to do it in one shot). In any case it doesn't take long.
    I like crafting, improving, and enchanting my own weapons and armor specific to my build and being able to custom name your stuff is kinda cool too. The only thing Skyrim seems to be missing so far is the ability to craft your own spells. At least I haven't found a way to do it yet. If you find a way, please let me know
    I do SOME smithing. it's an easy way to make some gold, steal some jewels and silver, smith some jewelry , sell it.

I don't do much with magic.

I'm into the thieves guild part of the game. I've robbed about every person in Skyrim. There are very few building I don't have keys to.

I'm getting ready to join the Dark Brotherhood and I hope I get to learn who has hired them to try to kill me so I can fuck them up. I've already taken out 3 of their assassins.

If you like to sneak and pick pocket try picking the pocket of the Jarl in Solitude, that's the sign of a badass.