Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default Dad places infant son in microwave

God told him to do it, of course. Sickos always enjoy using God as a dodge.

GALVESTON (AP) -- A 19-year-old has been charged with felony injury to a child after police say he burned his 2-month-old daughter by putting her in a motel microwave oven.

Joshua Royce Mauldin, 19, is being held in the medical unit of the Galveston County Jail after being taken there by Galveston police shortly after 6 p.m. Monday, a sheriff's department spokesman said today.

The baby involved is at Shriners Burns Hospital in Galveston, being treated for third-degree burns to the left side of her face and left hand.

Mauldin, who is from Arkansas, is being held in lieu of a $250,000 bond and is set to go before a grand jury today.

Mauldin is in the jail's medical unit under observation as a precautionary measure, the spokesman said. Mauldin is being checked at least every 15 minutes although he is not listed as a suicide risk.

If convicted of the charge of injury to a child causing serious bodily harm, Mauldin faces from five to 99 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000.

Maudlin arrived at a Galveston hotel last week along with the baby, his wife and mother. He called 911 on Thursday, saying that his baby had been burned in the hotel room when he tripped while carrying a pot of hot water to make coffee.

But police Sgt. Annie Almendarez said investigators later decided the child's injuries were not consistent with that story. She said investigators believe the child was in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.

At the time the child was injured, her mother and Mauldin's mother were picking up dinner at a nearby restaurant.

According to police reports, Mauldin told investigators God ordered him to go to Galveston.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

GALVESTON (AP) -- A 19-year-old has been charged with felony injury to a child after police say he burned his 2-month-old daughter by putting her in a motel microwave oven.

Joshua Royce Mauldin, 19, is being held in the medical unit of the Galveston County Jail after being taken there by Galveston police shortly after 6 p.m. Monday, a sheriff's department spokesman said today.

The baby involved is at Shriners Burns Hospital in Galveston, being treated for third-degree burns to the left side of her face and left hand.

Mauldin, who is from Arkansas, is being held in lieu of a $250,000 bond and is set to go before a grand jury today.

Mauldin is in the jail's medical unit under observation as a precautionary measure, the spokesman said. Mauldin is being checked at least every 15 minutes although he is not listed as a suicide risk.

If convicted of the charge of injury to a child causing serious bodily harm, Mauldin faces from five to 99 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000.

Maudlin arrived at a Galveston hotel last week along with the baby, his wife and mother. He called 911 on Thursday, saying that his baby had been burned in the hotel room when he tripped while carrying a pot of hot water to make coffee.

But police Sgt. Annie Almendarez said investigators later decided the child's injuries were not consistent with that story. She said investigators believe the child was in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.

At the time the child was injured, her mother and Mauldin's mother were picking up dinner at a nearby restaurant.

According to police reports, Mauldin told investigators God ordered him to go to Galveston.
    Sick, but not the first time --- Someone else did that recently. (I beleive a mother.)
    Who else is as much a Bush-basher as I???
    An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throwist mud, losith ground"

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Did you have another link where the guy claims God told him to microwave the baby? I see "God told him to go to Galveston" - don't see him blaming God for his mircrowave activity.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

duh DMP, since it started that way, it just goes along with it. like an umbrella...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Did you have another link where the guy claims God told him to microwave the baby? I see "God told him to go to Galveston" - don't see him blaming God for his mircrowave activity.
    Doesn't matter to me why he did it..give the idiot the max..
    But, blaming God is a good insanity defense.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This Sick Bastard Needs To Be Shot!!!

That Is One Of The Most Jacked Up Things I've Ever "heard' Of..... Seriously.... Shoot This Guy Now....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wondered that, too...
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Doesn't matter to me why he did it..give the idiot the max..
    But, blaming God is a good insanity defense.
    I still can't see where he said "God told me to microwave the baby" That's the point. The guy said "God told me to come to this city". Gabby thinks that means "God told me to microwave my baby".
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll bet this baby is F'd up now. Microwaves don't just cook the outside, they penetrate. If the baby was in long enough to have third-degree burns on its face, I'm sure it has brain damage/organ hemorrages/muscle damage/eye damage/etc. This guy needs to be thrown in a dark cell and forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    This guy needs to be thrown in a dark cell and forgotten.
    Without doubt. I can't offhand think of a more sickening, horrifying thing to do.

Don't bother correcting gabby's pronouncements, though. He's not interested in what the guy actually said or didn't say. He's just using the incident to push his broad-brush "Anyone who believes in God is crazy" agenda.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm constantly amazed by people who expect sane behavior from mentally ill people. Schizophrenics et al do not choose to be mentally ill. They are true victims of a disease that physically prevents sane thinking and behavior. Would you be shocked if someone with a brain tumor had difficulty with their balance or sight ?

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the thing that i get Duck, is that ppl don't like to 'label' so to speak in this day and age. the person has to be either a victim or misunderstood. it might hurt their feelings if you tell them that they have a problem.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .........

I cant wait until he hit's the prison yard, he will become a popular attraction, that piece of shit.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    I'll bet this baby is F'd up now. Microwaves don't just cook the outside, they penetrate. If the baby was in long enough to have third-degree burns on its face, I'm sure it has brain damage/organ hemorrages/muscle damage/eye damage/etc. This guy needs to be thrown in a dark cell and forgotten.
    You don't want him put in a cell and forgotten at all, if that happens he wont become the whore for the prison block!

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I still can't see where he said "God told me to microwave the baby" That's the point. The guy said "God told me to come to this city". Gabby thinks that means "God told me to microwave my baby".
    I know...it's not in there..but it's gabby ya know. Always adding her lil twist for shock effect true or false.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?