Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A question for Global Warming Alarmists who are Unbelievers

If we all evolved from "pond scum" billions of years ago and have no reason for being here outside of some HUGE "accident" then why do you give a crap if "Mother Nature" decides to ward us off like the parasites we are (according to many of the far left) and rid the human race from this planet?

I mean, why would it matter to you at all if in 100 years there is no more life on this planet? Wouldn't that be, after all, the greatest form of "Survival of the fittest"? e.g. "Just Mother Nature doing some house cleaning"...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    If we all evolved from "pond scum" billions of years ago and have no reason for being here outside of some HUGE "accident" then why do you give a crap if "Mother Nature" decides to ward us off like the parasites we are (according to many of the far left) and rid the human race from this planet?

I mean, why would it matter to you at all if in 100 years there is no more life on this planet? Wouldn't that be, after all, the greatest form of "Survival of the fittest"? e.g. "Just Mother Nature doing some house cleaning"...
    Uh, because we don't want to die? Because we care about the future of humanity? This is a really dumb question imo. Just because a person doesn't believe in the same things you do doesn't mean that they aren't human or that they don't care about other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    This is a really dumb question imo. Just because a person doesn't believe in the same things you do doesn't mean that they aren't human or that they don't care about other people.
    You associating THOSE ideas with his question is inaccurate. He didn't suggests Non-believing Global Warm-ongers disliked others; he's saying "Since y'all seem to praise Evolution and Natural Selection as your religion, why don't you understand that ANY global warming is done on behalf of the same?" or whatever and junk.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Natural selection is not the basis for supposed human global warming.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Uh, because we don't want to die? Because we care about the future of humanity? This is a really dumb question imo. Just because a person doesn't believe in the same things you do doesn't mean that they aren't human or that they don't care about other people.
    Why don't you want to die? Why do you care about the future of Humanity?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    Natural selection is not the basis for supposed human global warming.
    Right - maybe it should be, however?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

If I didn't believe in heaven, I really wouldn't want to die.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    You associating THOSE ideas with his question is inaccurate. He didn't suggests Non-believing Global Warm-ongers disliked others; he's saying "Since y'all seem to praise Evolution and Natural Selection as your religion, why don't you understand that ANY global warming is done on behalf of the same?" or whatever and junk.
    I don't "praise Evolution" as my religion. That's some insane idea ya'll have come up with to ridicule those of us who don't share your beliefs. I've said it before, evolution is a PROCESS. It isn't a dogma. It's like any other natural process like erosion, the water cycle, etc. It's part of nature. It just is.

The idea that global warming is part of the process of natural selection is wrong. The earth isn't a thinking entity. Everything the earth does is a reaction to the forces exerted on it. It can't "get rid" of us or control our population. I'm 99 percent sure that what's happening to the earth as far as global warming is concerned is part of a natural warming and cooling cycle it goes through.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't want to die because there are people who care about and depend on me here. If I were dead they would be sad--I wouldn't want that for them. Not to mention the fact that I actually enjoy life. Why would I want that to end? Because of some half-baked fantasy about an all-you-can eat buffet in the sky? Please

I care about the future of humanity because I think we will eventually get IT right. I have faith that one day humanity will reach a point where suffering no longer exists. Life is a beautiful thing. Why would anyone want to see humanity's potential snuffed out regardless of whether or not they believe in abstractions like a deity or an afterlife?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't want to die because there are people who care about and depend on me here. If I were dead they would be sad--I wouldn't want that for them. Not to mention the fact that I actually enjoy life. Why would I want that to end? Because of some half-baked fantasy about an all-you-can eat buffet in the sky? Please

I care about the future of humanity because I think we will eventually get IT right. I have faith that one day humanity will reach a point where suffering no longer exists. Life is a beautiful thing. Why would anyone want to see humanity's potential snuffed out regardless of whether or not they believe in abstractions like a deity or an afterlife?
    If you didn't have anyone dependant on you, why would you care about self-preservation?

Where does your "faith" come from? Additionally - we can see that things progressively get worse not better so your assertion that somehow failable humans will get it right is misguided..

You are right, however, Humanity will one day again live in a perfect world - after the Son of God returns and establishes his kingdom and gets rid of a sinful earth once and for all..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The idea that global warming is part of the process of natural selection is wrong. The earth isn't a thinking entity. Everything the earth does is a reaction to the forces exerted on it. It can't "get rid" of us or control our population. I'm 99 percent sure that what's happening to the earth as far as global warming is concerned is part of a natural warming and cooling cycle it goes through.
    If the "pong scum" is somehow a "thinking entity" then certainly "Earth" and its elements of weather could be...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you didn't have anyone dependant on you, why would you care about self-preservation?
    For people who enjoy life, usually the "enjoyment" part is enough of a reason to care about self-preservation.

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp
    Where does your "faith" come from? Additionally - we can see that things progressively get worse not better so your assertion that somehow failable humans will get it right is misguided..
    My "faith" in humanity springs from the good things I see in humanity and in myself. I disagree with your assessment of the world. Things are better now than they ever have been for the largest number of people. Don't let the negative things you see in the world get you down because things could be much worse. We could still be living in the middle ages.

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp
    You are right, however, Humanity will one day again live in a perfect world - after the Son of God returns and establishes his kingdom and gets rid of a sinful earth once and for all..
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If the "pong scum" is somehow a "thinking entity" then certainly "Earth" and its elements of weather could be...
    "somehow"? I hate to tell you this but look in the mirror. Do you see a thinking entity? If you said "yes," you may be on to something

You're right. The Earth could be a living, thinking entity. The idea isn't a new one. The Greeks and Romans gave the planets the names of their gods. Somehow though, I doubt the plausibility of this idea.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

You're right. The Earth could be a living, thinking entity. The idea isn't a new one. The Greeks and Romans gave the planets the names of their gods. Somehow though, I doubt the plausibility of this idea.

Because the chance of it being true is So small as to be non-existent? Yet that same level-of-chance is of no consequence when it's viewed with "chemicals spinning around in primordial ooze accidentally developing into Life"?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't "praise Evolution" as my religion. That's some insane idea ya'll have come up with to ridicule those of us who don't share your beliefs. I've said it before, evolution is a PROCESS. It isn't a dogma. It's like any other natural process like erosion, the water cycle, etc. It's part of nature. It just is.

I beg to differ. "The Mother Nature Process" has gotten rid of a whole lot of once livng things. Was this all just an accident or can it be attributed to the consequence of a process?

A nutcase will do nutty things.