Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Damn right... I'd love to take gunny to dinner but I know he'd only order the biggest, bloodiest steak he could, with a side order of smaller but just as bloody steaks. So sweet ^,^
    LOl, he probably would at that.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    That's the right attitude. Way back when, if I was making more than the person I was dating, which of course takes awhile to find out, I'd pay or split the bill. When I've dated since the divorce, the men have always paid.

I can only look at how my own two sons have dealt with dating, at first it seems everyone pays their own since it was usually a group of them. When they decided they liked the girl well enough to pay, they started dating as a couple. That's when the gifts started happening too. LOL! They've had some heartbreaks in the past, but now both are engaged and getting married in 2013.
    Congrats on your impending grandmahood.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Damn right... I'd love to take gunny to dinner but I know he'd only order the biggest, bloodiest steak he could, with a side order of smaller but just as bloody steaks. So sweet ^,^
    Admit it -- if you bought him a really expensive meal, you would expect sex when you two went home.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Admit it -- if you bought him a really expensive meal, you would expect sex when you two went home.
    A gentleman never expects on the first date ^,^
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

A gentleman never expects on the first date ^,^
    But you would want to at least make out. I know your type.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Could you just imagine Gunny sitting through The Notebook?
    Ummmm ... no. Not unless there are some modifications that include big guns, knives or full-body slams. Then ... maybe.

Nah! Not even then.
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually, he takes it medium rare and always eats his veggies with his steak.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Do you think it is wrong to expect the man to go all out on a date,or do you think women should split the tab? Do you think that in today's society women still expect to be wined and dined?

It's a stereotype as old as dating itself: women seeking guys for material gain, and guys seeking women for their beauty. But when 25-year-old Jessica Sporty spoke honestly about her brief but calculated plan to date men of means while living in New York, her confession sparked outrage online.
    BusinessInsider.com, the website that featured the interview with Sporty last week, eventually disabled the article's comment section, but angry readers continued to vent on other websites that had picked up the story.
    Some people called her a "gold digger" and others called her "obscene."
    After the fallout, Sporty -- who now lives in California -- sat down with "Good Morning America" to tell her side of the story.
    "I'm a traditional girl," she said. "And to me, I feel a part of dating is if a guy wants to take me out, what's wrong with him taking me out to a dinner and me expecting for the bill to be paid?"

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/dat...ry?id=15107409
    The difference is intent. Am I dating a certain guy JUST for a fancy-schmancy meal? Unless he knows that up-front, it's disingenuous.

I still dunno. I don't care that much about fancy meals that I would "date" some guy that was not at all interesting to me or that I couldn't see some possibility of a future with.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    The difference is intent. Am I dating a certain guy JUST for a fancy-schmancy meal? Unless he knows that up-front, it's disingenuous.

I still dunno. I don't care that much about fancy meals that I would "date" some guy that was not at all interesting to me or that I couldn't see some possibility of a future with.
    In some cases I would agree...I just think that a lot of women today feel that they "deserve" fancy dinners and expensive presents from men. I have a few male friends that always seem to take up with this "type". Expect the expensive hotel rooms on trips...trips to the mall for "stuff"....expensive dinner dates etc.

I am like you though...I won't go out with a man if I don't think their could be a possibility of a relationship. I'm not interested in going through man after man...just for kicks and freebies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In some cases I would agree...I just think that a lot of women today feel that they "deserve" fancy dinners and expensive presents from men. I have a few male friends that always seem to take up with this "type". Expect the expensive hotel rooms on trips...trips to the mall for "stuff"....expensive dinner dates etc.

I am like you though...I won't go out with a man if I don't think their could be a possibility of a relationship. I'm not interested in going through man after man...just for kicks and freebies.
    Perhaps we feel that way because men of that sort seem to expect certain rights or liberties. I'm not into fancy, I don't want expensive gifts from somebody unless they're special and I really am not a mall person.

Girls are weird sometimes, Shadow.

But boys are still more weirder yet. giggle.gif

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps we feel that way because men of that sort seem to expect certain rights or liberties. I'm not into fancy, I don't want expensive gifts from somebody unless they're special and I really am not a mall person.

My wife "expects" a nice dinner out on 2 occasions, her birthday and valentines day. Otherwise we're both just as happy to be at home. She does love jewelry, but doesn't even care if it's expensive , she just likes a little gold.

She does however insist on having a new car every 2 years. But that's not that big a deal really.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    My wife "expects" a nice dinner out on 2 occasions, her birthday and valentines day. Otherwise we're both just as happy to be at home. She does love jewelry, but doesn't even care if it's expensive , she just likes a little gold.

She does however insist on having a new car every 2 years. But that's not that big a deal really.
    I expect jack.

Valentines is a Hallmark holiday, IMO, so my fella gets off easy there. My birthday ... that's a nice time to go out. Jewelry is ok, but I rarely wear anything but the earrings/studs I keep in all the time. One of my minions bought me a necklace with his own money for Christmas. It has had residence around my neck since early this morning.

I always, always, ALWAYS insist on having a vehicle that is reasonably safe and dependable. I like driving Gunny's truck cuz I are a redneck.

I'm way too easy, aren't I?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That could very well be true,they could be looking for arm candy or a trophy to show off. That's too much work for me...I would rather relax and enjoy time spent doing things with Joe average anyway. Just the 24/7 maintenance it would require to stay trophy worthy would wear me out... and I ain't all that girly anyway (and don't care to be).

Guess the high maint girls and the men that look for them can have each other.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you think it is wrong to expect the man to go all out on a date,or do you think women should split the tab? Do you think that in today's society women still expect to be wined and dined?

Most women *like* to be wined & dined occasionally. Men should have no problem showing women they're worth it.

The flip side being, women expect to be treated as equals in life, so they should also be expected to wine & dine their men from time to time,

If you really like each other, does it really matter who foots the bill?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Most women *like* to be wined & dined occasionally. Men should have no problem showing women they're worth it.

The flip side being, women expect to be treated as equals in life, so they should also be expected to wine & dine their men from time to time,

If you really like each other, does it really matter who foots the bill?
    In my view,no. As a matter of fact, I've spent a huge portion of my dating and married life footing the bill and going without, so that my partner could use his time and money building a business. I know what it's like to be "equal" in that regard. Unfortunately...you also run into the takers...who use you because you are conveinient...and then dump you for your efforts to hook up with the "trophy"....who then gets all the rewards. Lets just say I am more careful nowdays.

But...I do get what you are saying...the best thing in any relationship is an equal amount of give and take.