Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Here's my take on Tebow:

Some people love him because he is a Christian and makes it known
    Some people hate him because he is a Christian and makes it known
    Some people love him for his athletic abilities
    Some people hate him as they think he sucks as a QB

Me, personally, I think he's one hell of an athlete. He's very smart too and they say he is putting in hours and hours to learn the systems of not only his own team but others as well. I give him a C grade for his QB ability so far this year. I give him an F for 1st-3rd quarters and an A+ for 4th quarters. This guys is a winner as an athlete and I think that's why he finds ways to win, and why his team believes in him and works harder to help him.

I think the media is twisted too. Many are gaga over him and many can't stop talking about him and his faith, many talk about him sucking as a QB... This is the big leagues, the NFL, as long as he wins he will be talked about in many areas.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Here's my take on Tebow:

Me, personally, I think he's one hell of an athlete. He's very smart too and they say he is putting in hours and hours to learn the systems of not only his own team but others as well. I give him a C grade for his QB ability so far this year. I give him an F for 1st-3rd quarters and an A+ for 4th quarters. This guys is a winner as an athlete and I think that's why he finds ways to win, and why his team believes in him and works harder to help him.

I think the media is twisted too. Many are gaga over him and many can't stop talking about him and his faith, many talk about him sucking as a QB... This is the big leagues, the NFL, as long as he wins he will be talked about in many areas.

I honestly believe you could put Tebow at any job and he would be successful. He just works his ass off to be the best he can be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    First of all, what's with the name calling from you? I've not engaged in any of that in regards to you.

Second of all, on the VERY rare occasion that I am wrong I have no problem admitting it

In regards to your examples of the liberal media hating Tebow. How ignorant, I can find proof of ANYTHING on the internet. You pick a stance, no matter how far out there, and I could find quotes from someone or someones supporting that stance. Even if you post a thousand examples of individual media members who hate Tebow, they don't represent the liberal media as a whole, and in fact you don't even know for sure WHY they hate Tebow. The fact of the matter is most of the people who "hate" him are simply jealous of how successful he has been at everything he's done in his life so far, and couldn't care less about his religion.

Only in your opinion are you rarely wrong

I have found many examples in the last few days since you said on a few people hate Tebow for his beleifs.

I understand being a middle of the roaders you do not want to PO anyone (except conservatives) and you continue to take your high road whcih bypasses facts that prove your silly ass wrong

If he was a Muslum giving thanks to Allah on the sidelines, these same libs would not be saying a word in anger - but praising him for his strong convictions

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Only in your opinion are you seldopm wrong

I have fiund many examples in the last few days since you said on a few people hate Tebow for his beleifs.

I understand being a middle of the roaders you fo not want to PO anyone (except conservatives) and you continue to take your high road whcih bypasses facts that prove your silly ass wrong

If he was a Muslum giving thanks to Allah on the sidelines, these same libs would not be saying a word in anger - but praising him for his strong convictions

Fine, I can see you want to get nasty. Now I feel stupid for having defended you against that idiot Virgil, because NO doubt you egged him on just the way you are doing here.

You're a fucking retard RSR. Not everything is liberal vs conservative. Believe it or not there are some conservatives who don't like him praising Jesus all the time either ( in fact you cited one yourself -the Jewish blogger.) Likewise, there are many liberal media members who think Tebow sets a great example and that if all followers of Jesus acted more like him the world would be a better place.

He's a star athlete p.laying the premier position at one of the bigger media centers in the NFL, OF COURSE he is going to be scrutinized and of course some are going to criticize his vocal support of his religion. That's life.

By the way you idiot, if an NFL QB ever praised Allah in a national interview he would be ridiculed until the end of time. FoxNews would probably do a special on it. Big deal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Oh Lord. Somebody said "religion" and here you are ... just like the convict beating on a rock with a hammer you are.
    Damned if you aren't the whiniest bitch around. One of these days it might sink in to that thick skull of yours...I'll post where and what I want. Don't like it, tough shit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Fine, I can see you want to get nasty. Now I feel stupid for having defended you against that idiot Virgil, because NO doubt you egged him on just the way you are doing here.

You're a fucking retard RSR. Not everything is liberal vs conservative. Believe it or not there are some conservatives who don't like him praising Jesus all the time either ( in fact you cited one yourself -the Jewish blogger.) Likewise, there are many liberal media members who think Tebow sets a great example and that if all followers of Jesus acted more like him the world would be a better place.

He's a star athlete p.laying the premier position at one of the bigger media centers in the NFL, OF COURSE he is going to be scrutinized and of course some are going to criticize his vocal support of his religion. That's life.

By the way you idiot, if an NFL QB ever praised Allah in a national interview he would be ridiculed until the end of time. FoxNews would probably do a special on it. Big deal.

Looks like I got under your thin skin again son. I seem to have that ability by posting facts that show you are full of it

It is also funny you do show they same tolerant attitude you demand others show

I guess that is all part of your "middle of the road" show you are on

Your real liberal side is starting to ome out more and more CH. Not that you could have kept up that side show for long anyway

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like I got under your thin skin again son. I seem to have that ability by posting facts that show you are full of it

It is also funny you do show they same tolerant attitude you demand others show

I guess that is all part of your "middle of the road" show you are on

Your real liberal side is starting to ome out more and more CH. Not that you could have kept up that side show for long anyway
    Callling someone names is showing facts? If that's the case then you definitely post lots of facts on this board.

And being called liberal by someone who considers Karl Marx to be a hippy isn't near as stinging as you might think.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Callling someone names is showing facts? If that's the case then you definitely post lots of facts on this board.

And being called liberal by someone who considers Karl Marx to be a hippy isn't near as stinging as you might think.
    Now you play the pity me card. How typical

In the short time you have been here you have told us how your are an expert on sports, business and finance, the Public school system, secondary education, small business administration, and the medical industry

Yet everytime soemoen psosts links to counter your aquthority you go into a tissy.

You have bellowed how people should not judge, and how there not everything is right/left. IOW, you really stand for nothing CH. Like John Kerry you blow in whatever direction the wind blows

You siad how only a few lefties hate Tebow and I have posted link after link of libs showing their hate for the man

But being a closet lib, your thin skin was pricked and you do not like that one bit

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now you play the pity me card. How typical

In the short time you have been here you have told us how your are an expert on sports, business and finance, the Public school system, secondary education, small business administration, and the medical industry

Yet everytime soemoen psosts links to counter your aquthority you go into a tissy.

You have bellowed how people should not judge, and how there not everything is right/left. IOW, you really stand for nothing CH. Like John Kerry you blow in whatever direction the wind blows

You siad how only a few lefties hate Tebow and I have posted link after link of libs showing their hate for the man

But being a closet lib, your thin skin was pricked and you do not like that one bit
    Pointing out that you are a name calling dipshit isn't asking for pity.

I've bellowed that people shouldn't judge? I'm the most judgmental asshole I know and I judge everyone, I certainly wouldn't presume to tell someone else they shouldn't do so. Unlike you, I'm no hypocrite.

Not everything is a right/left issue. Keep your stinking politics out of my football.

I stand for nothing? I live my life by an oath that you will NEVER understand Red. I swore to defend the rights of my fellow citizens. Not just the citizens I agree with , but all citizens. I would to this day lay down my life to defend your right to call me names and curse about me on a message board. That isn't something I take lightly, and I find it sad that you you only believe that those whom you agree with should enjoy the simplest right to free speech. OH NOES some might hate Tebow b/c he's a Christian. Big fucking deal...............

And once again, being called a liberal by Chariman RedState isn't near as hurtful as you hope it to be. BUT if there is one thing I am NOT it is in the closet about anything. I speak my mind.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Here's my take on Tebow:

I'm mostly burnt b/c he beat the bears. I do think its a fair statement that he uses his fame to bring attn to his faith and or political message. which will inspire both praise and criticism, duh. Media spins it one way or another, that's not lib or con, just the nature of media; one plays off the other to generate buzz,(more reads, clicks, viewers) = money. Saying otherwise is evidence of one's own biased opinion or just flat out ignorance of what motivates media.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    I'm mostly burnt b/c he beat the bears. I do think its a fair statement that he uses his fame to bring attn to his faith and or political message. which will inspire both praise and criticism, duh. Media spins it one way or another, that's not lib or con, just the nature of media; one plays off the other to generate buzz,(more reads, clicks, viewers) = money. Saying otherwise is evidence of one's own biased opinion or just flat out ignorance of what motivates media.
    Hey RSR. That just happened.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Pointing out that you are a name calling dipshit isn't asking for pity.

I've bellowed that people shouldn't judge? I'm the most judgmental asshole I know and I judge everyone, I certainly wouldn't presume to tell someone else they shouldn't do so. Unlike you, I'm no hypocrite.

Not everything is a right/left issue. Keep your stinking politics out of my football.

I stand for nothing? I live my life by an oath that you will NEVER understand Red. I swore to defend the rights of my fellow citizens. Not just the citizens I agree with , but all citizens. I would to this day lay down my life to defend your right to call me names and curse about me on a message board. That isn't something I take lightly, and I find it sad that you you only believe that those whom you agree with should enjoy the simplest right to free speech. OH NOES some might hate Tebow b/c he's a Christian. Big fucking deal...............

And once again, being called a liberal by Chariman RedState isn't near as hurtful as you hope it to be. BUT if there is one thing I am NOT it is in the closet about anything. I speak my mind.

Wow, first you act like OCA now you act like Virgil playing "I served in the military" card

CH you really should not be on a message/debate board if you get all worked up when people disagree with you and show you where you are wrong

But it is nice to have you around to remind us of both OCA and Virgil and what they "contributed" to the board. We have to remember what is was like doing those dark days when both of them were posting at the same time

Go ahead and speak your mind, in reality it would only take a few seconds. With you inflating your resume, it could take weeks

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

No need, he's talking about me. He's trying to tell an SEC football fan how the media felt about Tebow in college
    He was "the next best thing" in college; especially, in SEC media. A sad commentary but true ... high school and college football trump politics in the South.

A few pundits are on his butt now because he's an unashamed Christian. Tough shit. He's as entitled to his beliefs as anyone else. The Christian-haters won't admit that. Yet you see those same people apologizing for Muslims, Jews, and most especially the religious atheists -- you know, the ones that have made an organized religion out of aggressive and vocal non-belief.

The guy gets paid to play football. If you don't want to hear the answers to questions about his personal life, don't ask.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    He was "the next best thing" in college; especially, in SEC media. A sad commentary but true ... high school and college football trump politics in the South.

A few pundits are on his butt now because he's an unashamed Christian. Tough shit. He's as entitled to his beliefs as anyone else. The Christian-haters won't admit that. Yet you see those same people apologizing for Muslims, Jews, and most especially the religious atheists -- you know, the ones that have made an organized religion out of aggressive and vocal non-belief.

The guy gets paid to play football. If you don't want to hear the answers to questions about his personal life, don't ask.
    More than a few pundits, but otherwise you are spot on Gunny

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

More than a few pundits, but otherwise you are spot on Gunny
    Fuck 'em. He's paid to play football. He's delivering. The Roman citizens should shut up as long as he delivers at the Games.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke