Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default School suspends Tebowing students

More tolerance from the left on display for all to see

I suspect Tebow will be as hated and demonized in the liberal meda and by liberals as Pres George W Bush and Ms Palin currently are

No running in the halls -- and no Tebowing either.

That's what one Long Island administration said Wednesday when it suspended a group of high school athletes for replicating Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow's popular pose in the hallway at school.<!-- begin inline 1 --><!--INLINE MUG-->
    <!--END INLINE MUG--><!-- end inline 1 -->Jordan Fulcoly, Wayne Drexel and brothers Tyler and Connor Carroll of Riverhead High School were all handed a one-day suspension Wednesday, after three days of taking a knee with their foreheads resting on their fists, the same way Tebow does in the end zone and on the sidelines. The news was first reported by Yahoo! Prep Rally earlier Thursday.
    Riverhead superintendent Nancy Carney said that two of the students' suspensions were later rescinded, citing that administrators found that those students were not given the same warnings that the other two were.

Tebow has made headlines for the move, a display of his devotion to his Christian faith. The students were not suspended for bringing religion into the school, but instead for clogging the hallway.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Clogging the hallway is the crime here... people could have been hurt and it probably stopped the non Christians guys ability to make drug deals, get cheat notes and feel up the passing girls properly.

sarcasm off

like cops ticketing jaywalkers when there's no traffic in sight, what a freaking waste. and smells of making the school a Christian/religious freezone.

pityful
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Clogging the hallway is the crime here... people could have been hurt and it probably stopped the non Christians guys ability to make drug deals, get cheat notes and feel up the passing girls properly.

sarcasm off

like cops ticketing jaywalkers when there's no traffic in sight, what a freaking waste. and smells of making the school a Christian/religious freezone.

pityful
    Anyone care to bet if the kids were Muslims NOTHING would have been said or done to the students?

It is the "in" thing these days to openly hate and mock Christians with liberals and the only "god" the left wants everyone to worship is the Federal government

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What if these guys were just mocking Tebow?
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    What if these guys were just mocking Tebow?
    Then they would have been praised for speaking out against such a radical religious but

and given a fawning interview on MSNBC

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IMO a suspension wasn't warranted. However, we doin't allow kids to block up the hallways either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    IMO a suspension wasn't warranted. However, we doin't allow kids to block up the hallways either.
    And the real crime is openly expressing their love of God

That kind of behaviour is unacceptable and must be stamped out when it is seen

First they removed prayer from the public school, Next the Pledge was attacked. Then Christamas came under attack

Now any public expression that you love God is frowned upon

Yes, the left will restore order to the PS system

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    And the real crime is openly expressing their love of God

That kind of behaviour is unacceptable and must be stamped out when it is seen

First they removed prayer from the public school, Next the Pledge was attacked. Then Christamas came under attack

Now any public expression that you love God is frowned upon

Yes, the left will restore order to the PS system

That's your interpretation anyway. The school says differently.

But the general point that religion isn't allowed in schools anymore is true. AND school officials DO have to walk a fine line because one wrong step gets them sued. So better to say no to a student then get sued.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's your interpretation anyway. The school says differently.

But the general point that religion isn't allowed in schools anymore is true. AND school officials DO have to walk a fine line because one wrong step gets them sued. So better to say no to a student then get sued.
    Only Christian based religion is not allowed in Public schools any longer. Yes, those damn radical Christian kids had to be slapped down for the good of the collective

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Only Christian based religion is not allowed in Public schools any longer. Yes, those damn radical Christian kids had to be slapped down for the good of the collective
    Bullshit. If Muslim kids were praising Allah in the middle of the hallway it would be stopped.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Bullshit. If Muslim kids were praising Allah in the middle of the hallway it would be stopped.
    and your liberal buddies would be all over that paying the racism card. Your middle of the road attitude would get very upset CH

Remember when people opposed the Ground Zero Mosque?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and your liberal buddies would be all over that paying the racism card. Your middle of the road attitude would get very upset CH

Remember when people opposed the Ground Zero Mosque?
    I'm sure they would be, and they would be as retarded as you claiming that only Christians are barred from blocking hallways praising their god. See, both sides can be retarded. Something you without fail seem to ignore. GO ahead call me a middle of the roader again for not cheering you on at every turn.

Yes, I remember. I was one of them. Vehemently oppose that mosque being built. That is IRRELEVANT to the discussion of religion in school. BTW I happen to believe religion SHOULD be allowed in school but that isn't the way it is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm sure they would be, and they would be as retarded as you claiming that only Christians are barred from blocking hallways praising their god. See, both sides can be retarded. Something you without fail seem to ignore. GO ahead call me a middle of the roader again for not cheering you on at every turn.

Yes, I remember. I was one of them. Vehemently oppose that mosque being built. That is IRRELEVANT to the discussion of religion in school. BTW I happen to believe religion SHOULD be allowed in school but that isn't the way it is.

Oh my I forgot you are also an expert on the education system and now you are an expert on Islamic relations

I guess I should try to remember how lucky we are to have such a diverse expert on so many topics.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This still looks to me like a "hey, watch this" moment. It's mockery. Dropping to one knee in a hall way for no reason is just getting attention and a few laughs. It's being disruptive. I'm sure Tebow doesn't walk down the side walk and just drop to one knee and pray for no reason, blocking pedestrian traffic. While Tebow is sincere these kids are just making spectacles of themselves for their own egos. That's not worship that's mockery.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh my I forgot you are also an expert on the education system and now you are an expert on Islamic relations

I guess I should try to remember how lucky we are to have such a diverse expert on so many topics.
    What the fuck are you babbling about? Me saying that the mosque is irrelevant to THIS discussion is in no way , shape, or form me claiming to be an expert on Islamic relations.

Seriously, are you on drugs?