Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    What good is the extra weight if I have no one to snuggle with?

Hey now, I said fat, not morbidly obese! I just have a belly that loves me so much it really doesn't want to leave me. Me and the gut have become best buddies! I can do fine with other portions of my body but the belly is obviously the hardest. I am working with a trainer who put me on a new routine recently, but his routine hasn't stopped the bad eating habits. Beef Jerky, that's one of my latest addictions. Can't help myself. Beef Jerky and potato chips go together great! And don't let me drink as we alluded to earlier. One of the last times I partied at my sisters house, after polishing off a few bottles of Jager with my brother in law, we ordered 8 large pizzas! Granted there was like 12-14 of us there, mostly the bratty kids, but I still ate like 6 or seven slices myself. I think I had a few for breakfast too. But those times are very rare, so that doesn't count. But the nighttime is the hardest for me. I like to watch movies and eat junk!

I just had coffee, can ya tell?
    Running and swimming.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I have a real weakness for salt bagels. Pizza is so bad around here, I hardly touch it anymore.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They say nicotine keeps you from eating, but I ate just well! I just ate more once I quite smoking. Now I'm learning to eat differently. But no sooner did I start losing weight as a result, some weight came back as the muscle started building.

You may have had a million to one chance of converting me if you had said that hot women are vegans and are easy, but I sure as shit ain't giving up meat so I can hit on hippies who dig other chicks! All watching and no touching gets boring quickly!!
    It's not about weight, Jimmy - it's about what you want. You want to be skinny? Get a divorce, or at least separate. Worked for me. Ask Gunny.

Anyway, you are going to weigh more if you work out cuz muscle weighs more than fat. But if you are getting into the shape you want, if you're lifting, etc then you're gonna be heavier. It doesn't mean you're not healthy.

Gunny is built like a power lifter (go figure) so he's not built like a light-weight but he's not fat by any stretch. His biceps are about the size of my thighs and he can throw me over his shoulder and carry me around - much to the entertainment and delight of the gelflings. The only complaint I have is that since he moved in, I'm not so stressed, have a partner who helps so I'm not as busy and I've gained some weight. I blame him.

Just be healthy, Jimmy, don't worry about society's idea of fat or skinny. Be happy with you.

And yes, it's easier to give you advice than for me to take my own advice.
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    It's not about weight, Jimmy - it's about what you want. You want to be skinny? Get a divorce, or at least separate. Worked for me. Ask Gunny.

Anyway, you are going to weigh more if you work out cuz muscle weighs more than fat. But if you are getting into the shape you want, if you're lifting, etc then you're gonna be heavier. It doesn't mean you're not healthy.

Gunny is built like a power lifter (go figure) so he's not built like a light-weight but he's not fat by any stretch. His biceps are about the size of my thighs and he can throw me over his shoulder and carry me around - much to the entertainment and delight of the gelflings. The only complaint I have is that since he moved in, I'm not so stressed, have a partner who helps so I'm not as busy and I've gained some weight. I blame him.

Just be healthy, Jimmy, don't worry about society's idea of fat or skinny. Be happy with you.

My wife is impressed when I do pushups with her standing on my back. When we first started dating I could even manage it one handed, but not any more. And that's entirely b/c of me, she weighs within 1 lb of what she did when we met.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, btw - nice tats. We who are inked gotta stick together.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    My wife is impressed when I do pushups with her standing on my back. When we first started dating I could even manage it one handed, but not any more. And that's entirely b/c of me, she weighs within 1 lb of what she did when we met.
    I help Gunny work out on his weight bench.

I don't weigh within 1 lb of when we met but keep in mind that i'm close to your age and have had three kids. A body is never the same after that - short of surgery. When my ex and I split, I ended up between 110 and 115. That's on a very athletic, 5' 7" frame. It wasn't healthy at all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is it you always say? This thread is worthless without pics.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Running and swimming.
    I detest running although I know it's great for you. I get the majority of my cardio from riding my bike here or at the gym. They have 2 pools at my gym and I haven't taken advantage of that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I have a real weakness for salt bagels. Pizza is so bad around here, I hardly touch it anymore.
    Even the bad pizza around here is good. I wish I could have a pie delivered every night! I love a good steak, but I think pizza is my favorite meal!

I'm definitely in MUCH better shape than I was 15 months back. I used to run upstairs at home and get light headed and need a break for awhile, with a smoke of course. Now I'm energetic almost all day and rarely get winded. I'm much stronger too. But I guess I spend a lot of time on the scale and in front of the mirror, then find ways to critique myself.

I try to just realize I am who I am, and be happy with that, but the bi-polar in me keeps me guessing I guess. And my one medication also keeps me from losing weight and is known to cause weight gain (Seroquel).
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Damn, wish I could do that. My latest exercise is starting out "planking" in a pushup position, but on my elbows. Hole that position for about 10 seconds and then move both arms into the full pushup position, and then back to the elbows. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm lifting a lot of fat off the ground!! LOL And the "planking" portion of it is an awesome exercise for the gut.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh, btw - nice tats. We who are inked gotta stick together.
    What is it you always say? This thread is worthless without pics.
    Righto you are, so show us the tats!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I help Gunny work out on his weight bench.

I don't weigh within 1 lb of when we met but keep in mind that i'm close to your age and have had three kids. A body is never the same after that - short of surgery. When my ex and I split, I ended up between 110 and 115. That's on a very athletic, 5' 7" frame. It wasn't healthy at all.
    My wife is a little Mexican LOL. 5'4" 125

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh my, not again. I'm going to have nightmares about this guy!! He apparently WAS fat. Looks like he weighed about 800lbs and then someone used a vacuum to suck the fat out of him leaving only droopy skin behind. YuK!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I detest running although I know it's great for you. I get the majority of my cardio from riding my bike here or at the gym. They have 2 pools at my gym and I haven't taken advantage of that yet.

Even the bad pizza around here is good. I wish I could have a pie delivered every night! I love a good steak, but I think pizza is my favorite meal!

I'm definitely in MUCH better shape than I was 15 months back. I used to run upstairs at home and get light headed and need a break for awhile, with a smoke of course. Now I'm energetic almost all day and rarely get winded. I'm much stronger too. But I guess I spend a lot of time on the scale and in front of the mirror, then find ways to critique myself.

I try to just realize I am who I am, and be happy with that, but the bi-polar in me keeps me guessing I guess. And my one medication also keeps me from losing weight and is known to cause weight gain (Seroquel).

I HATE running. I have to force myself to run, but my body is used to it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're utterly EVIL!

That's awesome!!!!