Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    You're utterly EVIL!

That's awesome!!!!
    Guaranteed to make all of us feel better about ourselves!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    amen.gif
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I disagree , it's hard to feel better about yourself after puking all over yourself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    A year later and eating better and not smoking hasn't left me losing very much weight. Too much fluctuation (and too much junk food). This was taken right after I walked in the door from the gym a few minutes ago. I'm not in the habit of wearing the "muscle beaters", but after sitting in the sauna and working out, my body needs the air! That, and this gives the haters a chance to tell me how much tattoos suck!

You look better than most. Quit kicking yourself in the ass.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They say nicotine keeps you from eating, but I ate just well! I just ate more once I quite smoking. Now I'm learning to eat differently. But no sooner did I start losing weight as a result, some weight came back as the muscle started building.

You may have had a million to one chance of converting me if you had said that hot women are vegans and are easy, but I sure as shit ain't giving up meat so I can hit on hippies who dig other chicks! All watching and no touching gets boring quickly!!
    Actually, Nicotine is an upper, which raises your metabolism, so it's natural to gain some weight when you first come off the cigs. Let me ask, do you have a standard workout routine?
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Actually, Nicotine is an upper, which raises your metabolism, so it's natural to gain some weight when you first come off the cigs. Let me ask, do you have a standard workout routine?
    Yep, been faithfully going to the gym 3-5x per week since the day I gave up the smokes. The routine was fairly the same the whole time, until a couple weeks back when I started a new routine with a trainers assistance. I also have a routine of eating food that is bad for me.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yep, been faithfully going to the gym 3-5x per week since the day I gave up the smokes. The routine was fairly the same the whole time, until a couple weeks back when I started a new routine with a trainers assistance. I also have a routine of eating food that is bad for me.
    lol, well, actually, it's more about the stagnated routine. Your body gets used to things, so the same workouts, even with increased times and weight, follows the law of diminishing returns. If you study most guys who are really cut, they'll talk about how they vary up their routines, finding new ways to "attack" their bodies. As to the eating thing, I know, I have Papa John's on speed dial and online order, it's hard.

My suggestion there is to give yourself preset splurges every so often, either on a specific day of the week, or when you hit certain goals. As well, you might look at changing your actual eating cycle over to eating 5 smaller meals about three hours a part, and not eating late at night. Jorge Cruz has a really interesting book on it, and he does include some "bad" foods in the plan, cause making yourself miserable isn't going to help, since stress increases fat gain.

Oh, and there's this book called Eat This, Not That, that can help switch you to eating healthier versions of the same bad food you're eating now. Yes, they include a section on pizza.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

lol, well, actually, it's more about the stagnated routine. Your body gets used to things, so the same workouts, even with increased times and weight, follows the law of diminishing returns. If you study most guys who are really cut, they'll talk about how they vary up their routines, finding new ways to "attack" their bodies. As to the eating thing, I know, I have Papa John's on speed dial and online order, it's hard.

My suggestion there is to give yourself preset splurges every so often, either on a specific day of the week, or when you hit certain goals. As well, you might look at changing your actual eating cycle over to eating 5 smaller meals about three hours a part, and not eating late at night. Jorge Cruz has a really interesting book on it, and he does include some "bad" foods in the plan, cause making yourself miserable isn't going to help, since stress increases fat gain.

Oh, and there's this book called Eat This, Not That, that can help switch you to eating healthier versions of the same bad food you're eating now. Yes, they include a section on pizza.
    Now you're sounding like the trainer at my gym! I'm a creature of habit and fall into "routines" with everything I do in life. But I'll tell ya, I know both you and the trainer are right, as when he switched my weight training and abs training, the muscles started hurting again like I never worked out before. He calls it working out the "core", and I call it pain! LOL

I'll have to check out the book, and tell my wife to read it! She already pushes the healthy stuff on me and doesn't buy much crap - but that doesn't stop Jim from doing a little shopping of his own and hiding a few goodies!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Now you're sounding like the trainer at my gym! I'm a creature of habit and fall into "routines" with everything I do in life. But I'll tell ya, I know both you and the trainer are right, as when he switched my weight training and abs training, the muscles started hurting again like I never worked out before. He calls it working out the "core", and I call it pain! LOL

I'll have to check out the book, and tell my wife to read it! She already pushes the healthy stuff on me and doesn't buy much crap - but that doesn't stop Jim from doing a little shopping of his own and hiding a few goodies!
    That's the reason the diet is working for me. I know my downfall is my damn sweet tooth and snacking, so eating something small every few hours as opposed to the three big meals removes the between time where I start getting a little bit hungry and hit the snacks.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

That's the reason the diet is working for me. I know my downfall is my damn sweet tooth and snacking, so eating something small every few hours as opposed to the three big meals removes the between time where I start getting a little bit hungry and hit the snacks.
    My wife gets me a shitload of celery sticks, carrot sticks, healthy dips, nuts, crackers - and tells me to eat things moderately and that it'll help fight the hunger AND make me healthy. It's just not as fun. Ever get REALLY REALLY hungry around 10pm - when on a diet? that's like asking a crack addict to avoid the pipe! LOL

I have all of the know how, and supplies, it's just a matter of execution. Blueberry Pop Tarts or some celery sticks and low fat dip - Kellogs wins 9 out of 10 times!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My wife gets me a shitload of celery sticks, carrot sticks, healthy dips, nuts, crackers - and tells me to eat things moderately and that it'll help fight the hunger AND make me healthy. It's just not as fun. Ever get REALLY REALLY hungry around 10pm - when on a diet? that's like asking a crack addict to avoid the pipe! LOL

I have all of the know how, and supplies, it's just a matter of execution. Blueberry Pop Tarts or some celery sticks and low fat dip - Kellogs wins 9 out of 10 times!
    Or, you could have blueberries dipped in chocolate, both healthy and tasty. Or there raspberries with a dark chocolate drizzle. there's no reason for snacks to not be tasty.
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Or, you could have blueberries dipped in chocolate, both healthy and tasty. Or there raspberries with a dark chocolate drizzle. there's no reason for snacks to not be tasty.
    Thank God! A sane man who knows that chocolate makes everything ok.

For real though, dark chocolate is the way to go when dieting. And blueberries are the shiz-nizzle of good snacking foods. I read an article recently - don't remember where - that we won't over-eat blueberries because they are blue and we don't have any ocular addictions to blue foods. Something about how foods look can cause us to binge on them as much as the taste itself does. Dunno. Kinda makes sense to me.
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    I disagree , it's hard to feel better about yourself after puking all over yourself.
    Ironically, that almost made me spit out my Spearmint Tea.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    I'd rather weigh 500 lbs then live one day without meat. FACT.

By the way, carbohydrates lead to fat, not protein. So it's your starches and such that need to be cut out.

Oh and you're a plant murderer.
    You meat eaters murder more plants than us vegans! =P

You may have had a million to one chance of converting me if you had said that hot women are vegans and are easy, but I sure as shit ain't giving up meat so I can hit on hippies who dig other chicks! All watching and no touching gets boring quickly!!
    Nu, thats only to get started, once you have proven yourself then you're introduced to all the hot bi/pani vegan hippies ^__^ or so they keep telling me.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    You meat eaters murder more plants than us vegans! =P

Nu, thats only to get started, once you have proven yourself then you're introduced to all the hot bi/pani vegan hippies ^__^ or so they keep telling me.
    Seems like that would be the other way around. They'd give you all the hot bi chicks a new recruit could handle then once hooked, only lesbos.

Yall suck at recruiting, that's why there aren't more vegans.