Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Forum lineup

Maybe too many, some not being used, we can use more?

Toss out your thoughts here. As you know, we got rid of 2 lesser used forums yesterday and merged the posts into more used forums. Just wondering on what you guys think about the current setup. I know I visit forums sometimes and I get pissed because there are too many of them. Then some forums I go to have way too little and everything is congested. No guarantees on anything, just curious what others think/want.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd probably merge "War on Terrorism" with US current events
    Maybe a "General" forum for some of the other misc. forums.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the member interview forum could be a lot of fun if it was open to anyone to ask questions of any other member. But only if people followed some commons sense and didn't ask mean or embarrassing questions and of course if each member were only allowed to have one thread where all questions to that member were posted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    I think the member interview forum could be a lot of fun if it was open to anyone to ask questions of any other member. But only if people followed some commons sense and didn't ask mean or embarrassing questions and of course if each member were only allowed to have one thread where all questions to that member were posted.
    You KNOW not everyone would follow common sense, and it would turn into a nightmare.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    I'd probably merge "War on Terrorism" with US current events
    Maybe a "General" forum for some of the other misc. forums.
    You don't think the WOT deserves it's own forum anymore? It's definitely slowed down a lot, that's for sure. I'll wait and see what others feel about this one too...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    BTW, what we DO need with that forum is more interviews! That's my bad and after the new year I'll have to figure out a way to get a bunch more going.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You don't think the WOT deserves it's own forum anymore? It's definitely slowed down a lot, that's for sure. I'll wait and see what others feel about this one too...
    Maybe you could eliminate the middle east forum and the WoT forum and just have one forum entitled something like "The Islamic World" where anything and everything Islamic could be posted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You KNOW not everyone would follow common sense, and it would turn into a nightmare.
    Probably got that one right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Things have slowed down for a bit, but considering Iran likely to heat up again before too long.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Things have slowed down for a bit, but considering Iran likely to heat up again before too long.
    No telling what might happen with Korea losing the Great Leader either. The supposedly even crazier son could provide AQ with nuclear power.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then how about an "International Political/Events" board where WoT, Israel/Palestine, and World History are merged.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

This is dual purpose comment and I'm serious about points I'm trying to make with this 1 comment.

I think the War or Terror thread should remain UNTIL the "War on Terror" is declared over.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    This is dual purpose comment and I'm serious about points I'm trying to make with this 1 comment.

I think the War or Terror thread should remain UNTIL the "War on Terror" is declared over.
    Didn't you get the memo. The white house says there is no war on terror. And I believe paul says the same thing.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Didn't you get the memo. The white house says there is no war on terror. And I believe paul says the same thing.
    when the troops are bought home, the TSA is dismantled and the patriot act repealed and Gitmo, Bargram and other base terror jails closed and few other items the so called war is still on.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We're better off just waiting for Jesus to come back and sort it all out.