Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Why would she sit down in the middle of the clothing department to do it? Its also supposed to be a quiet bonding time with your child. Whatd she do? Sit on the floor? Targets arent exactly loaded with places to sit.
    Um, first off, it doesn't say "in the middle of", it just says in the clothing department. That's about 1/3 of the store layout right there, so that could be anywhere by a dressing room, which usually has a bench near and is blocked from main traffic view, but would have Target employees nearby.

Second, our nation is really a bunch of pussies on this subject. Love of god, it's a breast, the overwhelming majority of us have had one in our mouth at some point in life, whether for sustenance or fun. What's the fallout from this act? She wasn't having sex in public, she was feeding her baby, and yes, I freely admit I would've have gone several shades of scarlet had I seen, but that's on me, not her.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Um, first off, it doesn't say "in the middle of", it just says in the clothing department. That's about 1/3 of the store layout right there, so that could be anywhere by a dressing room, which usually has a bench near and is blocked from main traffic view, but would have Target employees nearby.

Second, our nation is really a bunch of pussies on this subject. Love of god, it's a breast, the overwhelming majority of us have had one in our mouth at some point in life, whether for sustenance or fun. What's the fallout from this act? She wasn't having sex in public, she was feeding her baby, and yes, I freely admit I would've have gone several shades of scarlet had I seen, but that's on me, not her.
    It also doesnt say she was making any attempt at discretion, either, so whats your point? It DOES say she threw a hissy fit, and blabbed about it on the worlds largest gossip network, and if thats not doing something strictly for reaction, rather than the well being of your child, I dont know what is.

Ive seen people breastfeeding in public in McDonalds, the mall, and every place in between, and those that are more interested in their child rather than public scenes get it done without dirty looks, problems or being asked to leave.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Spot on. Well said.

Attached Images Attached Images
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Spot on. Well said.

That guys blank not blinking stare is very creepy...were you going for creepy?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And so...you just admitted that public breast feeding can make some people uncomfortable (blush). If she is already "by" the dressing rooms...what is the problem with taking it a step further and going "into" the dressing room for privacy. You're happy,customers are happy,store managers are happy...problem avoided completely. It's not that hard.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

There's something mildly bizare about our society when breast feeding a baby publicly is an issue, however, if she'd been dragging around a toddler who was stuffing his face with chocolate and Pepsi, and asking him if he wanted to go to McDonalds or Burger King for dinner, no one would of blinked.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    There's something mildly bizare about our society when breast feeding a baby publicly is an issue, however, if she'd been dragging around a toddler who was stuffing his face with chocolate and Pepsi, and asking him if he wanted to go to McDonalds or Burger King for dinner, no one would of blinked.
    Are you being purposely obtuse? Name one single person that said breast feeding in public is wrong. Once youve named said person, we can move on from there.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

It also doesnt say she was making any attempt at discretion, either, so whats your point? It DOES say she threw a hissy fit, and blabbed about it on the worlds largest gossip network, and if thats not doing something strictly for reaction, rather than the well being of your child, I dont know what is.

Ive seen people breastfeeding in public in McDonalds, the mall, and every place in between, and those that are more interested in their child rather than public scenes get it done without dirty looks, problems or being asked to leave.
    Except it does, do you think she covered herself with the blanket to be discret or indiscreet?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Are you being purposely obtuse? Name one single person that said breast feeding in public is wrong. Once youve named said person, we can move on from there.
    I was making a general comment, when I make specific comments I quote/name users, see above post as an example ^,^

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Except it does, do you think she covered herself with the blanket to be discret or indiscreet?
    If she were going for discretion, there are much better ways to go about making your point. Facebook isnt one of them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone using Facebook to announce their problems to the world has serious issues to begin with. Facebook? Really?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

If she were going for discretion, there are much better ways to go about making your point. Facebook isnt one of them.
    So you're concerned more by the fact that she didn't censure herself from mentioning it on her personal public profile, that the fact that she was discrete and covered herself with a blanket while doing the feeding when she was treated against Targets company policy?

I suggest your view of this discussion would improve (and thus your posts) were it not seen from a 'she posted about it on Facebook!' high horse.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you're concerned more by the fact that she didn't censure herself from mentioning it on her personal public profile, that the fact that she was discrete and covered herself with a blanket while doing the feeding when she was treated against Targets company policy?

I suggest you're view of this discussion would improve (and thus your posts) were it not seen from a 'she posted about it on Facebook!' high horse.
    I find the bolded comment curious...since you are in the habit of posting issues you have with people that post their private thoughts about things on facebook (their actual comments and snips from their pages even). Christianity/public bible studies,for instance... is one you have taken issue with.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suggest you're view of this discussion would improve (and thus your posts) were it not seen from a 'she posted about it on Facebook!' high horse.
    You mean 'your'? Before you start talking about someone elses high horse, I suggest you get off yours.

But I can see where you would think this entire scenario is just fine. Its your victim mentality. Sorry, but not all of us are that whiny.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I find the bolded comment curious...since you are in the habit of posting issues you have with people that post their private thoughts about things on facebook (their actual comments and snips from their pages even). Like Christianity/public bible studies for instance is one you have taken issue with.
    I have no issue with people posting their thoughts on their Facebook, they can post whatever they like, but i can take issue with what they post from a political viewpoint just asif they were posting it on a political forum or saying there status to my face in a conversation.

No conflict.