View Poll Results: Do you believe in Mandatory Military?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm for Mandatory Military.

13 44.83%
  • I'm against Mandatory Military.

15 51.72%
  • I'm indifferent - what happens is of no consequence to me.

1 3.45%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think the thought of mandatory front lines is a ridiculous idea, not everyone was meant for it. the 100 lbs girl will have trouble keeping up with that 200 lbs guy lugging all their gear and weapons.there are plenty of jobs without beig on the front line

i think that serving in the military would do alot of ppl good, specially the ones that think they deserve everything, had stuff handed to them, and basically don't know how to fend for themselves. instead of sending them away where they will learn the hard way and either cope, suceed, or fail...you put them some where that they will teach them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    i think the thought of mandatory front lines is a ridiculous idea, not everyone was meant for it. the 100 lbs girl will have trouble keeping up with that 200 lbs guy lugging all their gear and weapons.there are plenty of jobs without beig on the front line

i think that serving in the military would do alot of ppl good, specially the ones that think they deserve everything, had stuff handed to them, and basically don't know how to fend for themselves. instead of sending them away where they will learn the hard way and either cope, suceed, or fail...you put them some where that they will teach them.
    So is that the type of person you want responsible for guardiing your back? Someone that doesn't want to be there? Someone that's got a bit of resentment built up because he's forced to be there? Or, would you rather it be someone that has their own sense of honor, WANTS to be there, and wants to giive it their all?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i agree with you there. one volunteer is worth ten forced ppl...or something like that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Stripey and I are having a ...disagreement about starting a Mandatory Military, wherein *everyone* is required to join, and serve - front lines included. Male, female.. Everyone. Do you agree, or disagree? Why?

I disagree. I don't want someone that was forced to join responsible for protecting my ass in a critical situation. Would you want someone that was forced to join responsible for protecting the back of you, or your child that *chose* to join?
    I am not for any Mandatory service, be it Military or Peace corp.

The second we have "Mandatory" for any service we become indentured an therefore not free.

I think I know Stripeys angle. If it's mandatory more of the public will be vocal about what actions we take outside of the USA. If we were isolationist that works, fact is we are not. The people don't call the shots on a daily basis the 'elected' office holders do. The option is to vote for those who run things to your liking instead of giving the Government the power to force you to server them. That's My 2 cents.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mandatory means everyone, ... Male, female.. Front lines and all.. Still for it?
    I'm assuming you mean that the military keeps its existing rules about what combat-related jobs men and women are allowed to do. I'm also assuming you mean that the military keeps its existing rules about who gets disqualified under the 4-F classification. If you don't try to weasel out of those, I'd say thumbs-up to the idea. Nothing at all wrong with a year or two in the service before college.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stripey and I are having a ...disagreement about starting a Mandatory Military, wherein *everyone* is required to join, and serve - front lines included. Male, female.. Everyone. Do you agree, or disagree? Why?

I disagree. I don't want someone that was forced to join responsible for protecting my ass in a critical situation. Would you want someone that was forced to join responsible for protecting the back of you, or your child that *chose* to join?
    Disagree! Making everyone serve would only lower the overall quality of the force.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Disagree! Making everyone serve would only lower the overall quality of the force.
    Not true, since they dont want to be there they would do everything in their power to make it back home, that is strong motivation in a war.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ............

I would have gone directly in right after High School but medical reasons kept me out.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Not true, since they dont want to be there they would do everything in their power to make it back home, that is strong motivation in a war.
    They would do everything in their power to avoid doing what needed to be done. A massive influx of poorly-motivated, illiterate, and unscrupulous idiots is the LAST thing I'd wish on our honorable military members.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadapathetic
    I would have gone directly in right after High School but medical reasons kept me out.
    Physical or mental problems?
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mandatory millitary does not fit in a "free society"...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ..........

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    Physical or mental problems?
    Not that it is any of your business but I walked in on my best friend of 18 years after he shot himself in the head. Seeing your best friends brain matter all over a wall really fucks someone up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obama08 View Post
    Mandatory millitary does not fit in a "free society"...
    But it might just give all a better idea of what is involved with keeping a society FREE.

Maybe than some wouldnt be so quick to dismiss the military out of hand and do nothing to support them. I have seen a lot of people post on this board and others, and all they do is belittle the military and our troops. They have nothing good to say, Gabs, for one on this board. I think all of them could do with a good dose of mandatory military experience just to understand what they hate so much.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    But it might just give all a better idea of what is involved with keeping a society FREE.

Maybe than some wouldnt be so quick to dismiss the military out of hand and do nothing to support them. I have seen a lot of people pos ton this board and others and all they do is belittle the military and our troops. They have nothing good to say, Gabs for one on this board. I think all of them could do with a good dose of mandatory military experience just to understand what they hate so much.
    You're failing to keep in mind just what kind of "service" you'd get out of someone LIKE Gabo.. It bears repeating.. Do you *really* want her guarding your back in tense situations?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

You're failing to keep in mind just what kind of "service" you'd get out of someone LIKE Gabo.. It bears repeating.. Do you *really* want her guarding your back in tense situations?
    With her big ass mouth she would be one of the first getting a bullet. (one less for me)
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain