Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I've been asking what does "finish the job" mean for years,
    maybe Gunny or ConHog can tell us.

It's worse mess now politically since we removed Saddam a minority nominal sunni and replaced him with a majority pro Iranian devout shia leadership. But it's been a corrupt mess from begining to end. the reason we went there was to "get them WMD's" well hey OOoopppps uh, that job's is done... well never needed to be done. And we aren't "nation building" so it's past time to get the heck out.

And I'm not sure why we should stay in Iraq killing and dying because the troops won't have jobs back home. Haven't the troop been complaining about stop loss and multiple tours and the like?
    If jobs are why we are still in Iraq then we should just declare war on any number of small countries and get the rest of the U.S. back to work as soldiers too.
    I said nothing about staying and dying because troops won't have jobs. You're as ignorant as Gabby.

I said we should stay and finish the job and saying it's over doesn't make it so; and,

it has not gone unnoticed that Obama has NOT addressed what he's going to do with the troops when he gets them home. The simple reason is: it's political dynamite in an election year. It doesn't surprise me any no GOP candidate has thought of it and nailed him to the wall on it.

Those are my points. Re-hashing for the billionth time why we're in Iraq and who wants to blame who has nothing to do with it. Feel free to start your own thread if you wish. And don't start that WMD shit with ME. We KNOW he had them because we sold the MFers to him.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    I can't imagine any sane person sees war as a good way to provide jobs.
    I agree. That wasn't my point. Rev just wants to address everything BUT the issue.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pegwinn View Post
    I aint them, but if'n they don't mind I will take a shot at it.

The war is over and the job is done when the winner says so.
    Sounds like the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Sounds like the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
    Not sure of the reference. Monty never was a favorite.

But, for the others who didn't get my point, only a pol would say we won. Instead of the WWII ending where it was decisive we have..... this mess. Instead of the Marshall Plan, we tried to incorporate that into the ROE and we have .... this mess.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pegwinn View Post
    Not sure of the reference. Monty never was a favorite.

But, for the others who didn't get my point, only a pol would say we won. Instead of the WWII ending where it was decisive we have..... this mess. Instead of the Marshall Plan, we tried to incorporate that into the ROE and we have .... this mess.

I wasn't a fan much either. But this clip is a classic.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I said nothing about staying and dying because troops won't have jobs. You're as ignorant as Gabby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny
    mmm ... I guess if O-blah-blah says so, it must be. And he's going to "bring our boys home", right? Isn't that the leftwingnut chant?

What's the first thing the government does when it "brings our boys home"? Draws down the military. Oddly enough, I seem to not recall hearing Herr Obama address this particular issue. Sure, he can hide some by shifting them to Afghanistan.

Wonder if he's got any of those "shovel-ready jobs" for the rest .... In case he hasn't noticed, the job market here isn't quite the best evuh
    Looks like you've implied it in a back handed way. It may not be what you meant but it seem to be what your saying here. "you shouldn't draw down the troops when there are no jobs.
    What did you mean to say here?

I said we should stay and finish the job and saying it's over doesn't make it so; and,
    ANd I asked So When is the War Over Gunny? are you avoiding the question?

it has not gone unnoticed that Obama has NOT addressed what he's going to do with the troops when he gets them home. The simple reason is: it's political dynamite in an election year. It doesn't surprise me any no GOP candidate has thought of it and nailed him to the wall on it.
    You didn't mention anything about about election year politics before, i'm not sure How anyone was suppose to divine that.

Those are my points. Re-hashing for the billionth time why we're in Iraq and who wants to blame who has nothing to do with it. Feel free to start your own thread if you wish. And don't start that WMD shit with ME. We KNOW he had them because we sold the MFers to him.
    we Agree that we sold them to him, you might have a problem with Gaffer and maybe Jim on that point he says only the Russians ever helped Saddam. You ought to tell him. I produced federal docs to that effect but people forget stuff like that sometimes, it's cool.

Point is, the war isn't over just because he says so.
    ANd I asked So When is the War Over Gunny? Are You avoiding the question?

Iraq is going to implode if he pulls our troops, that's if Saudi Arabia, Iran and Turkey don't carve it up.
    And that is our problem because... what?

He needs to finish the job and just saying so doesn't make it so.
    And What does Finish the Job mean to you Gunny?

He's a douche, and so is anyone that supports or votes for the commie.
    ...Well Ok ...
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

we Agree that we sold them to him, you might have a problem with Gaffer and maybe Jim on that point he says only the Russians ever helped Saddam. You ought to tell him. I produced federal docs to that effect but people forget stuff like that sometimes, it's cool.
    WTF are you babbling about now? I never said that. I know very well about our past with Iraq, the CIA and all that other crap. I never stated otherwise. Just do me a favor, leave my name out of your posts, as all you do is just make shit up about me and attribute made up quotes whenever you feel like it to spruce up your lame stances.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Looks like you've implied it in a back handed way. It may not be what you meant but it seem to be what your saying here. "you shouldn't draw down the troops when there are no jobs.
    What did you mean to say here?

ANd I asked So When is the War Over Gunny? are you avoiding the question?

You didn't mention anything about about election year politics before, i'm not sure How anyone was suppose to divine that.

ANd I asked So When is the War Over Gunny? Are You avoiding the question?

And that is our problem because... what?

And What does Finish the Job mean to you Gunny?

...Well Ok ...
    I don't respond to expand-a-post trash like this. Make a coherent thought that addresses my points and put it in one post paragraph style. Save THIS game of semantics for someone that will answer it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I don't respond to expand-a-post trash like this. Make a coherent thought that addresses my points and put it in one post paragraph style. Save THIS game of semantics for someone that will answer it.
    I'm glad you said it, I can't stand that type of posting. Some think we can't read a paragraph, or take in more than one point at a time.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    WTF are you babbling about now? I never said that. I know very well about our past with Iraq, the CIA and all that other crap. I never stated otherwise. Just do me a favor, leave my name out of your posts, as all you do is just make shit up about me and attribute made up quotes whenever you feel like it to spruce up your lame stances.
    The fact is, why we are there, how we got there, the WMDs WE sold Saddam, or any other deflections don't answer the questions I asked. As previously stated, if anyone wants to relive all that bullshit, go start another thread.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The fact is, why we are there, how we got there, the WMDs WE sold Saddam, or any other deflections don't answer the questions I asked. As previously stated, if anyone wants to relive all that bullshit, go start another thread.
    His point is dog shit anyway. Let's suppose we sold companies in the UK some chemicals that could be made into weapons. Let's say we sell them a bit of fighter jets. Then we sell them all kinds of neat bombs. They are an ally at the time. If this ally goes a little rabid down the road, and turn the chemicals into weapons and use this crap on their own people, and go after neighboring countries - and then threaten to use them against us - that doesn't mean we either deserve it, or caused it. I've discussed this a million times with a million people and have always explained it in the same basic terms. Yet here comes Rev quoting me as stating we never sold them or gave them anything, that I said only Russia did that? I dunno, maybe I hit the bong the day I wrote that and Rev is right, otherwise one would think he just makes shit up as he goes along, tosses all of it on the screen here and just hopes that some will believe him without question.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    His point is dog shit anyway. Let's suppose we sold companies in the UK some chemicals that could be made into weapons. Let's say we sell them a bit of fighter jets. Then we sell them all kinds of neat bombs. They are an ally at the time. If this ally goes a little rabid down the road, and turn the chemicals into weapons and use this crap on their own people, and go after neighboring countries - and then threaten to use them against us - that doesn't mean we either deserve it, or caused it. I've discussed this a million times with a million people and have always explained it in the same basic terms. Yet here comes Rev quoting me as stating we never sold them or gave them anything, that I said only Russia did that? I dunno, maybe I hit the bong the day I wrote that and Rev is right, otherwise one would think he just makes shit up as he goes along, tosses all of it on the screen here and just hopes that some will believe him without question.
    I agree. He sounds like a lefty to me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree. That wasn't my point. Rev just wants to address everything BUT the issue.
    Oh, I absolutely knew that you weren't saying we should stay there because of jobs. I was actually saying you are sane so obviously you wouldn't think that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Oh, I absolutely knew that you weren't saying we should stay there because of jobs. I was actually saying you are sane so obviously you wouldn't think that.
    Right. My point is, Obama's declared the war over and he's "bringing our boys home". He has NOT addressed what he's going to do with them, but ...

History tells us what he's going to do with them. Put them on the street in the no-job market he's created.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Uh Jim I apologize, I wasn't sure of your position on Where the WMDs Saddam had (long ago) came from. That's why i put the word "maybe" in my post, I'm sure Gaffer said it because it was recently he was rebutting a point i made with that idea.
    Sorry Jim.

Right. My point is, Obama's declared the war over and he's "bringing our boys home". He has NOT addressed what he's going to do with them, but ...

History tells us what he's going to do with them. Put them on the street in the no-job market he's created.
    Gunny, you said a pet peeve was words meaning things in the constitution thread. your words taken as a whole in that one post did Imply that. Though I hoped you didn't mean it that way. So i put a point on it with my reply.

Now it seems your still upset because if the soldiers aren't at war then they will be jobless,

But Ok Here let me try to put this in the best light i can think of based on your words
    You think that we NEED to Finish the "JOB" (whatever that is to you, you won't say).
    But Not because soldiers need work.
    SO if the "Job" was Finished (whatever that is to you). It would be Ok to bring the troops home but since it's not it's twice as bad to bring them home because there are no jobs.
    That's the best i can make of what you saying I may be to slow to pick it up your full intent.

But I'm not sure what question you all want me to answer. that your so hot on?
    If you want to answer What "Obama is going to do with the troops" I've got no idea what his plans might be. If your asking me, Well this is America, I believe in capitalism and self sufficiency. The Troops have access to the renewed GI bill with access to education and designated loans for housing and business loans. Which I think is deserved. If they are out of the service they have to make their way like the rest of us. There are no guaranteed jobs in the U.S. last I checked. Maybe some of these troops can create the Jobs the country needs rather than wasting their talents in the M.E.. For those that want to stay in the military if we close some bases overseas I'm not sure why we can't put a couple extra of bases on the Mexico boarder, stations some troops there. that one thing. I can give a few more ideas but the post might be longer than what you want to reply too.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16