Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    It's not a true or fair assessment con,
    I can think of only one time where PART of a vid i posted was "debunked". As much as i post youtubes and articles here i think i'm extremly accurate, your comment makes it appear it's a regular practice rather than a extremely rare event.

looks like your just trying to make me "wrong" "revelarts your just wrong" "youtube is just wrong, the same thing written down is better but it still might be wrong"
    just seems that way at this point
    Rev, I honestly don't usually look at links when posted b/c most of the time when I do they are slanted, no matter the source, or who posted them. Not just you. I'm just saying that the ones of yours I have watched are mostly opinion pieces that cherry pick data to lead the viewer to a predetermined conclusion. Even when are snippets from FoxNews or what have you.

I don't think you do it on purpose or even realize you are doing it, but facts is facts.

Oh, and I'm not on the "rev lives in an unreal world" bandwagon either. Truth is, nearly everyone who posts links chooses to post link that do nothing but bolster their own opinion, and if a person knows how to search the internet, as most of us who post here clearly do, one can find a website where someone is defending nearly any position.

Which is why I rarely post links.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    SO many of your videos posted have been pure one sided crap, with dramatic music and lettering added, and much of the original "source" edited out. And no, I'm not going to go back and scour through the tons of videos you have posted. But if YOU truly believe what your posting, of course you're going to deny ever being "debunked". But you debunk yourself when you post that crap and truly believe that those types of videos are legit news to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Rev, I honestly don't usually look at links when posted b/c most of the time when I do they are slanted, no matter the source, or who posted them. Not just you. I'm just saying that the ones of yours I have watched are mostly opinion pieces that cherry pick data to lead the viewer to a predetermined conclusion. Even when are snippets from FoxNews or what have you.

I don't think you do it on purpose or even realize you are doing it, but facts is facts.

Oh, and I'm not on the "rev lives in an unreal world" bandwagon either. Truth is, nearly everyone who posts links chooses to post link that do nothing but bolster their own opinion, and if a person knows how to search the internet, as most of us who post here clearly do, one can find a website where someone is defending nearly any position.

Which is why I rarely post links.
    I just went back over the past week or so
    http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...855#post519855

I posted a CNN news clip about the facts of US eugenics, the whole story.
    Facts are facts

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...n-Policy/page5

an amdittely short clip of O'riely saying the same thing Ron Paul says EVENTHOUGH we all know he hates Ron paul on forien policy

From Glen Beck a long unedited clip of him saying that Ron Paul is better for freedom than Newt who is for UN style oneworld type gov.

From Fox News Business Full Interview with Ly Anthony Schaffer on Forign policy

Fee.org a video on the cost of Drug war

In that thread I also post vids of Vetrans for Ron Paul and some transcipts of there comments.

there's ZERO out of contxt or misleading about this. as you say con we are looking for items that support our position.

People will make a comment like " Ron Paul's forign policy is Crazy and only crazy people agree with it" So I find CIA, Vetrans, Mosad and others on camera saying otherwise. and I post it in wrting as well. NONE of it out of context. none of it irrelevant to the Harsh accusations tossed around that i'm attempting to rebut.

sorry if you don't like the music, or the whatever. but i'm not cherry picking in the sense that you imply. it seems many just don't want to acknowledge that there are VALID FACTS and opinions sometime presented in the form of Video OR print that contradict their opinions. Look sometimes you just don't like my opinions. or those of the former CIA, Vets, Mosad Chiefs, Glenn Beck CNN that's fine but lets be real, there's no need to dismiss their points just because they are on a video. Is video editing any better than text news editing? it's not. period.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just went back over the past week or so
    http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...855#post519855

I posted a CNN news clip about the facts of US eugenics, the whole story.
    Facts are facts

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...n-Policy/page5

an amdittely short clip of O'riely saying the same thing Ron Paul says EVENTHOUGH we all know he hates Ron paul on forien policy

From Glen Beck a long unedited clip of him saying that Ron Paul is better for freedom than Newt who is for UN style oneworld type gov.

From Fox News Business Full Interview with Ly Anthony Schaffer on Forign policy

Fee.org a video on the cost of Drug war

In that thread I also post vids of Vetrans for Ron Paul and some transcipts of there comments.

there's ZERO out of contxt or misleading about this. as you say con we are looking for items that support our position.

People will make a comment like " Ron Paul's forign policy is Crazy and only crazy people agree with it" So I find CIA, Vetrans, Mosad and others on camera saying otherwise. and I post it in wrting as well. NONE of it out of context. none of it irrelevant to the Harsh accusations tossed around that i'm attempting to rebut.

sorry if you don't like the music, or the whatever. but i'm not cherry picking in the sense that you imply. it seems many just don't want to acknowledge that there are VALID opionons sometime presented in the form of Video OR print that contradict their opinions. Look sometimes you just don't like my opinions. or those of the former CIA, Vets, Mosad Chiefs, Glenn Beck CNN that's fine but lets be real, there's no need to dismiss their points just because they are on a video. Is video editing any better than text news editing? it's not. period.
    Which is why I didn't single you out. Most everyone does it. I mean for instance, I haven't seen Gunny post any threads about the TSA doing something good. It is what it is. I'm just giving you my OPINION on why your videos are scoffed at. Take them to a board where the many agree with you and likely they would be praised as proof of whatever your opinion is.

It is what it is, it happens on all boards, and I happen to think that even though it DOES happen on this board, most here are fairer about it then on some other boards.

It's human nature.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Is video editing any better than text news editing? it's not. period.
    So you admit you're not as much interested in ALL of the facts as you are the presentation of them.

Edited videos using out of context material is lame, and sucks, period. We don't need a narrator in the background. We don't need fancy letters spelling things. We don't need certain facts cut out of the video to save time. I have a novel idea - how about just posting the original video or article from the authors site instead? But don't expect me to take an edited version of something to be legit.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So you admit you're not as much interested in ALL of the facts as you are the presentation of them.

Edited videos using out of context material is lame, and sucks, period. We don't need a narrator in the background. We don't need fancy letters spelling things. We don't need certain facts cut out of the video to save time. I have a novel idea - how about just posting the original video or article from the authors site instead? But don't expect me to take an edited version of something to be legit.
    Don't we already HAVE that President?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

"wrong" "revelarts your just wrong"
    "youtube is just wrong, the same thing written down is better but if you post it it still probably just wrong"
    "youtube is just wrong.....not even in the real reality with the real people... just plain wrooong"
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"youtube is just wrong, the same thing written down is better but if you post it it still probably just wrong"
    "youtube is just wrong.....not even in the real reality with the real people... just plain wrooong"
    Eh, looks like Rev finally took the red pill.

Welcome to reality.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Is this what you turn into when thoroughly proven wrong? Keep having the news spoon fed to you instead of seeking out the truth, I don't give a flying fuck either way. But when you post edited videos, you WILL be called on it, even if you'll end up talking like a mental patient by the end of the thread.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock