Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    You are right Guuny. I did step down as not to cause problems. For some reason cheap shots were taken at me over rumors I never heard about

I am not the one who went "ugly" and as I said, I have no hard feelings towards most of the folks here

I do not want to cause problems but I will not be accused of crap I did not do
    It's clear. YOU chose to step down. I acknowledge that. Perhaps you should look at who you are listening to vis a vis the rumors. Perhaps all is not what it's cracked up to be.

Point is, you stepped down of your own accord. End of story. Let's move on.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Oh? Kicking me out of my own thread? Good grief.
    Take a hint and go away, huh? This is business and you ain't part of it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Oh? Kicking me out of my own thread? Good grief.
    CH - you can't see him, but he IS the Gunny right now. His cover is at precisely the right angle and everything. Continue at your own risk ... smilewide.gif
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Let it go. The fact is, you stepped down of your own accord because you didn't want to be confined within the restraints of being a staff member. No harm, no foul.

Anything else posted to the contrary was most likely based on misinformation. Seems all you have to do is be who and what you say you are and have stepped down for the reason you say you did to prove it wrong.

Seems a lot of counter accusations out of context were levied towards the staff as a means to justify certain behaviors. The fact is simple ... if you (the universal "you") want to run someone off the board for personal reasons, you don't need to wear a badge. I'm cool with your decision, but let's move on and let it go.

And while not specifically directed at you, ANYONE invoking the "friend" word as a means of making Jim feel guilty is full of shit and needs that open space between their ears cleaned out.

Could very well be. I have no problems with of the staff reviewing my rep comments (I seldom make a comment) or what PM's I have sent out. I know nothing about these rumors Gunny

I do not sprerad rumors. If I have an issue I go tot he person involved face to face

But I wll respond to false BS being said about me.

You make a perfect point that I will let my actions do the talking from now on but as I said, I will respond to lies said about me

As you or anyone else would

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Gunny, I was fine until the cheap shots taken at me in public

I did nothing and I said nothing to allow time to pass and tempers to cool down. Like you, I will not be accussed of something I did not do and stand silent

I siad my piece and being a mod I respectfully suggest locking this thread and I will NOT bring up the subject on any other threads

But I will respond to anyone saying I did someting when I clearly did not
    What has been said that is untrue?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    What has been said that is untrue?

Being insubordinate, and not having the "proper temperment" for staff

I thought we covered all this in prior posts Jim

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Could very well be. I have no problems with of the staff reviewing my rep comments (I seldom make a comment) or what PM's I have sent out. I know nothing about these rumors Gunny

I do not sprerad rumors. If I have an issue I go tot he person involved face to face

But I wll respond to false BS being said about me.

You make a perfect point that I will let my actions do the talking from now on but as I said, I will respond to lies said about me

As you or anyone else would
    Fine. However, I will remind you as a former staff member, ANYTHING you have to say about a staff member acting as a staff member will be addressed via PM. JIm let this go, as I have been wont to do in the past; however, you KNOW the deal.

My comment about rumors is in regard to those you are listening to, not spreading.

ANy way you want to look at it, you have friends here who keep letting you talk. A Marine on duty has NO friends. I'm all for an amicable solution here. However, I WILL enforce the rules the very second I decide such an amicable solution is not an option.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Then you misread. Neither of them are untrue in the slightest, and you have no defense for them. You WERE insubordinate. You DON'T have the proper temperament. These are not lies and are not made up.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Fine. However, I will remind you as a former staff member, ANYTHING you have to say about a staff member acting as a staff member will be addressed via PM. JIm let this go, as I have been wont to do in the past; however, you KNOW the deal.

My comment about rumors is in regard to those you are listening to, not spreading.

ANy way you want to look at it, you have friends here who keep letting you talk. A Marine on duty has NO friends. I'm all for an amicable solution here. However, I WILL enforce the rules the very second I decide such an amicable solution is not an option.
    OK Gunny

I will refrain from discussing these issues effective NOW. Why not lock this thread, and I will forget this ever happened as long as noone else makes similar comments about me again

I will obey the rules and if I have an issue with any member of the staff here it will be addressed according to the rules

I am only doing what I feel I had to do Gunny. I did not mean to cause any hard feelings

I thank you for jumping in and being damn good ref

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Insubordinate. The fact is, you were asked more than twice to leave a certain member alone and you would not. That IS insubordinate. Your subsequent action of stepping down for that very reason -- to go after who you want when you want -- covers that. End of story.

Now how about the cross-accusation that Darin unfairly went after PB? Bullshit. I had to walk away or he wouldn't have been here as long as he was. Darin gave him every opportunity to stop his bullshit and he would not. PB's decision. That has NOTHING to do with anything. Darin didn't stalk him. In fact, I'd say the opposite was true. PB has historically made a point of getting under anyone's skin he can.

Then there's the fact Gunny curses too much. So fucking what? Like I invented that shit on the net.

If we're going to cover accusations, let's cover them from BOTH sides.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

OK Gunny

I will refrain from discussing these issues effective NOW. Why not lock this thread, and I will forget this ever happened as long as noone else makes similar comments about me again

I will obey the rules and if I have an issue with any member of the staff here it will be addressed according to the rules

I am only doing what I feel I had to do Gunny. I did not mean to cause any hard feelings

I thank you for jumping in and being damn good ref
    No problem. This discussion's done and so is this thread. As long as you live up to it, we've no problem.