Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

C-4 looks like playdoe. It's highly explosive but needs a blasting cap to set it off. I used it many many times blowing up tunnels. I always carried about four sticks with me. It burns super hot. I used a pinch at a time to heat C-rations. Fire will ignite it but but won't cause an explosion.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    C-4 looks like playdoe. It's highly explosive but needs a blasting cap to set it off. I used it many many times blowing up tunnels. I always carried about four sticks with me. It burns super hot. I used a pinch at a time to heat C-rations. Fire will ignite it but but won't cause an explosion.
    C Rations? Holy shit.................

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    THIS is a C4

Attachment 2966

How, and why, he fit one in his luggage is beyond me.

The fact you knew that makes me have a little man-crush
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    The fact you knew that makes me have a little man-crush
    The C4 barely qualifies as a Vette in my book. One step below the C5 as if that is possible. Make mine an original C1 . Red with white coves , white top, white interior, spinner hubcaps and a fuelie 327.

57corvette1.jpg

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

The C4 barely qualifies as a Vette in my book. One step below the C5 as if that is possible. Make mine an original C1 . Red with white coves , white top, white interior, spinner hubcaps and a fuelie 327.

57corvette1.jpg
    C5 is probably the best gen of vette ever. That car brought honest performance to the name which was sorely lacking before. Worst thing was HVAC/Radio controls out of PlaySkool, and shitty seats. C6? Car of the gods - the gods who like MONSTER performance but still shitty seats.

Worst thing about the C5 nowadays, 350hp (non ZO6, etc) isn't adequate anymore. Sedans - "grocery getters" have that kinda power now. I have one.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

C Rations? Holy shit.................
    You didn't hace C-Rats? Better than MRE's , that's for sure.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I totally agree. To me, the MREs always reminded me of dog food and I just did not care for them. C-Rats were dog food too but the kind I like! Besides, we had all kinds of uses for the cans the rats came in.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    I totally agree. To me, the MREs always reminded me of dog food and I just did not care for them. C-Rats were dog food too but the kind I like! Besides, we had all kinds of uses for the cans the rats came in.
    I had to take protein powder in ziplock storage bags into the field to keep from starving on MREs. The BIG advantage to C-Rats was if you didn't have time to cook, you could slam them cold. You HAVE TO prepare MRE's. That dehydrated pork patty isn't going to work like popping the top on a can of beans and franks cold.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I had to take protein powder in ziplock storage bags into the field to keep from starving on MREs. The BIG advantage to C-Rats was if you didn't have time to cook, you could slam them cold. You HAVE TO prepare MRE's. That dehydrated pork patty isn't going to work like popping the top on a can of beans and franks cold.
    I think you're confusing meals. MRE, by its name is 'ready-to-eat'. No prep required. The only thing I've seen dehydrated is the fruit thing, as a side dish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, I'm only kind of old, MREs had been around for probably 10 years at least before I joined.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I think you're confusing meals. MRE, by its name is 'ready-to-eat'. No prep required. The only thing I've seen dehydrated is the fruit thing, as a side dish.
    Hah! You probably weren't around for Round One. There most certainly was a dehydrated pork patty. Usually could get a trade for something else with a little cash or a dessert thrown in.

I'm not confused at all. I clearly recall almost starving to death out in the Delta Corridor at MCAGCC Twentynine Palms the first time those nasty litle brown bags got dumped on us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not sure what you're thinking of, but MREs can be eaten right out of the box. They aren't dehydrated. Now true many of them are better heated up. But even something like the spaghetti and meatballs (which contains no actual meat that I can tell) can be eaten cold if need be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

My favorite was the chopped ham and eggs; pound cake with jelly for dessert. Peanut butter and crackers for snack! Wash it all down with iodine flavored water! YUMMMMMM .... heh heh

Not sure what you're thinking of, but MREs can be eaten right out of the box. They aren't dehydrated. Now true many of them are better heated up. But even something like the spaghetti and meatballs (which contains no actual meat that I can tell) can be eaten cold if need be.
    Heck, you can eat ANYTHING cold if you have to! There's nothing like opening a can of ham slices and wiping the lard off and chowing down! LOL!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Guess I'm pickier than you. I would just as soon have a can of Alpo as eat a cold MRE.

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    My favorite was the chopped ham and eggs; pound cake with jelly for dessert. Peanut butter and crackers for snack! Wash it all down with iodine flavored water! YUMMMMMM .... heh heh
    We'd definitely have been trading buddies then. I liked the beans and franks with the orange nut roll, and my chopped ham and eggs were always on the market. Wasn't real keen on the iodine-flavored water though.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Ahh - freeze-dried. Yeah, circa 1980? You're THAT old? wow. MRE's also had non-freeze-dried entries, too - even wayyyyyyyyyyyy back then. I turned 8 in dec of 1980...just sayin.