Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Week two- Cross Fit

Middle of week two of all cross fit all the time. Did I ever mention how much I hate Burpees? Tried upping my water intake this week and drinking Gator Aid after the workout every day. Too early to tell if it is making any difference. Getting colder here (finally) and I miss my nice warm layer of blubber!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Middle of week two of all cross fit all the time. Did I ever mention how much I hate Burpees? Tried upping my water intake this week and drinking Gator Aid after the workout every day. Too early to tell if it is making any difference. Getting colder here (finally) and I miss my nice warm layer of blubber!
    Trying to make all the young un's look bad, SgtMaj?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Milk is actually better for you AFTER a work out than gator aid. Try it you may find you feel better!?!?!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    Milk is actually better for you AFTER a work out than gator aid. Try it you may find you feel better!?!?!
    You must be young.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Trying to make all the young un's look bad, SgtMaj?
    The young uns make themselves look bad. I'm just trying to live long enough to be a burden to my children.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    MILK??? *sheesh* I have not heard that one but hey I'm game to try it.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

MILK??? *sheesh* I have not heard that one but hey I'm game to try it.
    Ummm ... all due respect to Nukeman, you might want to look that one up first. Milk has a high fat content as is more akin to a whole food than a drink. Slapping back on what you just worked off doesn't make much sense to me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Ummm ... all due respect to Nukeman, you might want to look that one up first. Milk has a high fat content as is more akin to a whole food than a drink. Slapping back on what you just worked off doesn't make much sense to me.
    Good point. I will check it out. Lord knows I don't need more fat!
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

When I was powerlifting we used milk to bulk up. When slimming down, it was one of the first things to go.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

When I was powerlifting we used milk to bulk up. When slimming down, it was one of the first things to go.
    That makes sense. I'm new to this "health" thingy. I'm not trying to bulk up; just trying to get rid of this spare tire I been wearing around my waist since I retired and get back enough strength to throw my walker into the trunk of my car!
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

That makes sense. I'm new to this "health" thingy. I'm not trying to bulk up; just trying to get rid of this spare tire I been wearing around my waist since I retired and get back enough strength to throw my walker into the trunk of my car!

Milk is not for slimming down. I'd stick to the water and/or Gatorade. Make sure you are getting the Gatorade that has less sodium. Sodium will bloat you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Milk is not for slimming down. I'd stick to the water and/or Gatorade. Make sure you are getting the Gatorade that has less sodium. Sodium will bloat you.
    Yep, low sodium = good though I LOVE salt.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Yep, low sodium = good though I LOVE salt.
    I do too. However, I don't need it in my drinks. Lord knows I put enough on anything in front of me on a plate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I do too. However, I don't need it in my drinks. Lord knows I put enough on anything in front of me on a plate.
    Same here but have been trying to cut back on it lately. Tough to do and is probably the one thing that can lead me astray in a heart beat. There is one other thing like that but I forget what it is.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

there are different types of fat and milk did NOT bulk you up it was the "power lifitng" and the EXTRA calories. Milk helps extensively in post workout recovery..

I have lifted and worked out my entire life. I have tried a number of different workouts, I do know a little about the subject. I'm not a trainer but I can set up some pretty good regimes and workouts as well as diets. I just have a hard time following them myself Its all about teh number of calories you take in. There is NO WAY you can bulk up without taking in more calories than you burn, if you are at a caloric deficit than you will LOSE weight simple as that....

5 Reasons You Should Drink Milk Post Workout.
    1. Muscle Gains. Research shows a mix of slow and fast digesting protein is superior for lean body mass gains. Milk is 80% casein, 20% whey.
    2. Fat Loss. Dairy calcium increases fat loss. The fat in milk keeps you full longer which decreases hunger and thus helps you to lose fat.
    3. Recovery. Milk is a fluid and has electrolytes. Research shows milk is superior to water and sport drinks for rehydration post workout.
    4. Cheap. When you consider the protein (whey/casein/BCAA) and calorie content of milk, it's one of the cheapest foods available.
    5. Easy. Milk requires zero preparation. 1 quarter (1 liter) milk can be a perfect post workout meal depending on your daily caloric needs.
    http://stronglifts.com/milk-post-wor...-muscle-gains/

Its all about the number of calories, Milk will NOT bulk you up if you adjust your calories to reflet the drinking of it, Gator aid and sports drinks are not everything they are cracked up to be..

Abstract

There has been growing interest in the potential use of bovine milk as an exercise beverage, especially during recovery from resistance training and endurance sports. Based on the limited research, milk appears to be an effective post-resistance exercise beverage that results in favourable acute alterations in protein metabolism. Milk consumption acutely increases muscle protein synthesis, leading to an improved net muscle protein balance. Furthermore, when post-exercise milk consumption is combined with resistance training (12 weeks minimum), greater increases in muscle hypertrophy and lean mass have been observed. Although research with milk is limited, there is some evidence to suggest that milk may be an effective post-exercise beverage for endurance activities. Low-fat milk has been shown to be as effective, if not more effective, than commercially available sports drinks as a rehydration beverage. Milk represents a more nutrient dense beverage choice for individuals who partake in strength and endurance activities, compared to traditional sports drinks. Bovine low-fat fluid milk is a safe and effective post exercise beverage for most individuals, except for those who are lactose intolerant. Further research is warranted to better delineate the possible applications and efficacy of bovine milk in
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18831752
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain