Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

First LSU-Alabama game -- boring as crap.
    Alleged "national championship game" -- boring as crap.

Can someone smarter than me on this subject inform me why two teams from the same conference who have already played are allowed to play again with a championship at stake? Obviously this BCS thing is total crap.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

Can someone smarter than me on this subject inform me why two teams from the same conference who have already played are allowed to play again with a championship at stake? Obviously this BCS thing is total crap.
    because the voters felt that every other team's losses were worse than Bama losing to LSU. I disagree with that, I don't think Bama should have got a second shot; but they did take advantage . LSU was in either way, but if you don't ALabama PROVED last night that they are the best team in college football, you just don't know college football. They proved they deserved the second chance as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    football bro.
    Long as yu can play it. Watching it is for fuckers that tilt one end of the couch.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Long as yu can play it. Watching it is for fuckers that tilt one end of the couch.
    I hardly tip one end of the couch, nor does Jimmy, nor do MILLIONS of people who watch football. Not our fault that it seems like the guy the jumbotron always finds is a pig.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

As begrudingly as I am to admit it, we agree on the bolded portion of your statement. The BCS IS crap and it's taken any fun there was out of college football.

And unlike the snippet I saw where someone says "the voters" ... the BCS is a computer model. Prior to the Bullshit Computer Series, you had the Coach's Poll and the AP Poll. THEY decided who was champion. Sometimes there WERE split polls and split championships.

So what? My paternal family is from Alabama and I've ALWAYS been a Bear Bryant/Crimson Tide fan. The fact remains, these two teams split 2 games during a season. That makes the whole thing a wash in any other sport.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As begrudingly as I am to admit it, we agree on the bolded portion of your statement. The BCS IS crap and it's taken any fun there was out of college football.

And unlike the snippet I saw where someone says "the voters" ... the BCS is a computer model. Prior to the Bullshit Computer Series, you had the Coach's Poll and the AP Poll. THEY decided who was champion. Sometimes there WERE split polls and split championships.

So what? My paternal family is from Alabama and I've ALWAYS been a Bear Bryant/Crimson Tide fan. The fact remains, these two teams split 2 games during a season. That makes the whole thing a wash in any other sport.
    You DO realize that the coaches poll counts still right? The AP was at one time part of the BCS formula but chose to remove themselves from the mix.

Nevertheless, the national championship in D1 football has ALWAYS been mythical. The BCS didn't change that.

I have always been against ta playoff, but I think it's time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

You DO realize that the coaches poll counts still right? The AP was at one time part of the BCS formula but chose to remove themselves from the mix.

Nevertheless, the national championship in D1 football has ALWAYS been mythical. The BCS didn't change that.

I have always been against ta playoff, but I think it's time.
    What I DO realize is that the BCS is a computerized model that will make a lame-ass team Nat'l Champion by the computer model of its opponents while letting an undefeated team like Texas Tech last year not get number 1 even though the fact of the matter is, the Big 12 has the best teams in the NCAA, but spend so much time killing each other, no one gets to go unblemished except UT and OK because they can ALWAYS rise above the others.

The whole thing is a bunch of bullshit anymore. Next year, I'm going to have the f*ing "Gunny Bowl" between Bradley U and UTSA. Why not? Everyone else has one?

And who's #1 in the NCAA is about as legit as Obama's birth certificate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What I DO realize is that the BCS is a computerized model that will make a lame-ass team Nat'l Champion by the computer model of its opponents while letting an undefeated team like Texas Tech last year not get number 1 even though the fact of the matter is, the Big 12 has the best teams in the NCAA, but spend so much time killing each other, no one gets to go unblemished except UT and OK because they can ALWAYS rise above the others.

The whole thing is a bunch of bullshit anymore. Next year, I'm going to have the f*ing "Gunny Bowl" between Bradley U and UTSA. Why not? Everyone else has one?

And who's #1 in the NCAA is about as legit as Obama's birth certificate.

LOL FINALLY GUnny's real agenda comes out. The Big12 can't hang with the SEC. and that's been proven over and over. Arkansas/LSU/Alabama or Georgia would have mauled Texas Tech this year or any other year. Texas MAY have beaten Ole Miss this year, Oklahoma would have been just fine in the SEC, but no way they would have went undefeated.

I agree there are entirely too many bowl games, hell this year TWO teams had to get waivers just to be eligible so that all the spots could be filled. Has nothing to do with the national championship though.

THIS year Bama and LSU were CLEARLY the two best teams in college football, and I despised seeing them rematch, said so in this thread before the game I believe. But they destroyed LSU worse than Arkansas destroyed Kansas State.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

LOL FINALLY GUnny's real agenda comes out. The Big12 can't hang with the SEC. and that's been proven over and over. Arkansas/LSU/Alabama or Georgia would have mauled Texas Tech this year or any other year. Texas MAY have beaten Ole Miss this year, Oklahoma would have been just fine in the SEC, but no way they would have went undefeated.

I agree there are entirely too many bowl games, hell this year TWO teams had to get waivers just to be eligible so that all the spots could be filled. Has nothing to do with the national championship though.

THIS year Bama and LSU were CLEARLY the two best teams in college football, and I despised seeing them rematch, said so in this thread before the game I believe. But they destroyed LSU worse than Arkansas destroyed Kansas State.
    My "real" agenda? Dude, you paying attention or what? You're talking THIS year? Try comparing National Championships. If it wasn't for Florida State and Miami, the SEC STILL wouldn't have much of shit. That's why Arkansas ran there with their asses kicked up around their shoulders by UT and OK. They didn't foresee Howard Schnellenberger at Miami, Bowden and FL State and Visor Boy at U FL. In the end, Arkansas ended up being lame-a-zoids anyway.

Either way, don't assume my stance. I've already stated it. You just want to keep playing this juvenile game, and I really don't care. I like to PLAY football. Watching it turned to shit when teams started running away to other conferences to hide from the rivals that constantly kicked their asses and someone came up with the BCS. SImple as THAT. I don't really care, but try and put me down with a complete lack of facts or a teisted, one-side argument. I haven't fallen too far from the tree. How many banners can the Universtiy of Clinton put up against UT and OK?

You're dismissed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My "real" agenda? Dude, you paying attention or what? You're talking THIS year? Try comparing National Championships. If it wasn't for Florida State and Miami, the SEC STILL wouldn't have much of shit. That's why Arkansas ran there with their asses kicked up around their shoulders by UT and OK. They didn't foresee Howard Schnellenberger at Miami, Bowden and FL State and Visor Boy at U FL. In the end, Arkansas ended up being lame-a-zoids anyway.

Either way, don't assume my stance. I've already stated it. You just want to keep playing this juvenile game, and I really don't care. I like to PLAY football. Watching it turned to shit when teams started running away to other conferences to hide from the rivals that constantly kicked their asses and someone came up with the BCS. SImple as THAT. I don't really care, but try and put me down with a complete lack of facts or a teisted, one-side argument. I haven't fallen too far from the tree. How many banners can the Universtiy of Clinton put up against UT and OK?

You're dismissed.
    What are you babbling about? Neither Miami or Florida St is in the SEC, and so those programs have NOTHING to do with the SEC (well except for possibly Florida but oddly the U of Florida is better when either FSU or Miami is a better program, well historically anyway)

As for Arkansas , we came to the SEC for ONE reason. MONEY. And who can fault a program for that? And we haven't done so bad after a rough start. 3 divisional championships, 11 bowl games and that's just in football. In basketball we add 1 conference title, one national championship, one sec tournament title. Then there's track and field where we've won like 39 national championships . Baseball we've went to 5 I believe college world series. All in 17 years. Not bad

Then there is our facilities, which NO ONE who seriously knows college sports debates that overall we have one of if not the BEST set of facilities in the nation, and even at that we're currently expanding.

All because of what/ Oh that's right, money. Had nothing to do with losing to OK and UT every year and had EVERYTHING to do $45M which is the size of the check the University of Arkansas received from the SEC, last year alone.....