Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default It's National Pizza Week! How to find the perfect slice

Colin Hagendorf is a venerable slice expert. The Brooklyn native recently completed his quest to eat at every pizza slice joint in Manhattan, chronicling his 370-plus slice binge on his blog Slice Harvester. In honor of National Pizza Week, Hagendorf, 28, offers his tips for finding pizza nirvana.
    “All of your senses are part of the experience,” Hagendorf told TODAY.com. “You don’t hold your nose or wear gloves when eating pizza.”

http://bites.today.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...-perfect-slice

Apparently it's national pizza week. So share your favorite toppings,pizza place or recipes.

My favorite place to go out for pizza is a place called Mario's....but, they serve more than just pizza. Great food.

As for toppings...I like everything (except pepperoni). We will usually either order a supreme. Or sausage (maybe canadian bacon),mushroom,black olive and green chili.

Yum.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

EXCEPT Peperoni? Holy cow.

Flat slightly greasy NY Style Peperoni pizza is exactly what i'm talking about - always.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Colin Hagendorf is a venerable slice expert. The Brooklyn native recently completed his quest to eat at every pizza slice joint in Manhattan, chronicling his 370-plus slice binge on his blog Slice Harvester. In honor of National Pizza Week, Hagendorf, 28, offers his tips for finding pizza nirvana.
    “All of your senses are part of the experience,” Hagendorf told TODAY.com. “You don’t hold your nose or wear gloves when eating pizza.”

http://bites.today.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...-perfect-slice

Apparently it's national pizza week. So share your favorite toppings,pizza place or recipes.

My favorite place to go out for pizza is a place called Mario's....but, they serve more than just pizza. Great food.

As for toppings...I like everything (except pepperoni). We will usually either order a supreme. Or sausage (maybe canadian bacon),mushroom,black olive and green chili.

Yum.
    Rarely eat pizza out. The boy has worked at Pizza Hutt for the last 3 years. Kinda sick of it.

BUT when I do eat it, my favorite topping is pepperoni and jalapenos.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post

add on 'bacon' and you'll be good to go.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    add on 'bacon' and you'll be good to go.
    LOL

truthfully I don't care for Canadian bacon at all.

now we did get a breakfast pizza at our local Casey's the other day, it had eggs, real bacon and cheese and salsa on it, pretty damned good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rarely eat pizza out. The boy has worked at Pizza Hutt for the last 3 years. Kinda sick of it.

Can relate to this actually. For about a year when my ex was between jobs,he delivered pizza for Papa John's nights and weekends. Always brought home pizza's that were ordered and not picked up by customers by closing time.

I gained most of my extra weight that year due to that...and I can't eat Papa John's anymore either.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

LOL

truthfully I don't care for Canadian bacon at all.

I mean real, good, ol' fashioned bacon. Straight from a pack of bacon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Flat slightly greasy NY Style Peperoni pizza is exactly what i'm talking about - always.
    Yep ... that's me too.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will eat peperoni on a pizza...it's just not my first choice.

Speaking of Papa John's though...they do make a really good vegitarian pizza. Something else I learned when the ex worked there,I probably wouldn't have ever ordered one myself.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I haven't had a good papa-john's pizza.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I haven't had a good papa-john's pizza.
    Well...really good pizza places are slim pickens out here in NM...you take what you can get.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My sister makes a homemade vegetable pizza that is not bad. it has ranch dressing instead of tomota sauce and is a cold pizza. I know i know, but it's awesome. Just not traditional.

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Yep ... that's me too.
    Every once in awhile I like the thinner NY style , but I love me some pan pizza when I am eating pizza.

Can't stand the stuffed crust crap though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm a great lover of many types of pizza. However, my regular order from Papa John's is a large Spinach Alfredo pizza with Mushrooms and Chicken. In general, though, I like the less pretty pizzas, the ones where you can feel your arteries harden just looking at it.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Every once in awhile I like the thinner NY style , but I love me some pan pizza when I am eating pizza.

Can't stand the stuffed crust crap though.
    Chicago/Deep Dish pizza is...I dunno...weird. It's a MEAL...too much of a meal for my tastes. Stuffed crust stuff? I agree..just wrong. Course, if it were stuffed with BACON...maybe.

Examples of perfect-looking pizza:

06pg-vertical.jpg

olio.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chicago/Deep Dish pizza is...I dunno...weird. It's a MEAL...too much of a meal for my tastes. Stuffed crust stuff? I agree..just wrong. Course, if it were stuffed with BACON...maybe.

Examples of perfect-looking pizza:

06pg-vertical.jpg

olio.jpg
    Hmm, short women, fast cars, and bacon. Me thinks you and I could be friends.

Oh, and do you have a smoker?