Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

If Coach Joe had so much pull and authority at Penn State, things would have been a lot different and he would still have a job. Sandusky was automatically given preferential treatment and access to the facilities when they gave him Professor Emeritus status years back. If you think the Coach has the power to go against school bylaws and years and years of precedent and treatment, then so be it.

Tell me, CH, how many facilities, which are listed as "athletic" are there on the entire PSU campus? And how many of them are controlled by Coach Joe? Ok, now that you have that, specifically which one did this Sandusky case take place at, where the asst. coach saw him?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    If Coach Joe had so much pull and authority at Penn State, things would have been a lot different and he would still have a job. Sandusky was automatically given preferential treatment and access to the facilities when they gave him Professor Emeritus status years back. If you think the Coach has the power to go against school bylaws and years and years of precedent and treatment, then so be it.

Tell me, CH, how many facilities, which are listed as "athletic" are there on the entire PSU campus? And how many of them are controlled by Coach Joe? Ok, now that you have that, specifically which one did this Sandusky case take place at, where the asst. coach saw him?
    Jim, I already told you if you can't be a grown up and get past your anger in this thread and admit that yes a Division 1 football coach certainly can bar people from his football facilities for any reason and that no one would stop him from doing so, that I wasn't going to indulge you in that argument anymore.

It's just stupid to suggest otherwise. he's the ultimate boss of EVERYTHING that goes on in the football program, of course he could have barred him from the facilities.

As to how much power football coaches have. Early on in the investigation into Coach Tressel at OSU for NCAA violations, the Athletic Director was asked if he was going to fire the coach and his response was " Fire him? I just hope that Coach doesn't fire me" tells you right there who has more clout and don't think for a second that PSU was any different.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Jim, I already told you if you can't be a grown up and get past your anger in this thread and admit that yes a Division 1 football coach certainly can bar people from his football facilities for any reason and that no one would stop him from doing so, that I wasn't going to indulge you in that argument anymore.

It's just stupid to suggest otherwise. he's the ultimate boss of EVERYTHING that goes on in the football program, of course he could have barred him from the facilities.

As to how much power football coaches have. Early on in the investigation into Coach Tressel at OSU for NCAA violations, the Athletic Director was asked if he was going to fire the coach and his response was " Fire him? I just hope that Coach doesn't fire me" tells you right there who has more clout and don't think for a second that PSU was any different.
    So since you can't provide facts, and only want to demand your opinion right, you're going to take your opinion and your ball and go home? All you've done is give your opinion on what control you think coaches have. I've already proven they aren't mandatory reporters as you originally claimed. Now you want to claim you "know" what control they have. Whatever.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So since you can't provide facts, and only want to demand your opinion right, you're going to take your opinion and your ball and go home? All you've done is give your opinion on what control you think coaches have. I've already proven they aren't mandatory reporters as you originally claimed. Now you want to claim you "know" what control they have. Whatever.
    No Jim, since you've decided to be a child in this thread I have decided to bail. You don't even try to give a reason why you think I'm wrong about how much power Joe had over Penn St football, you just cry that it's my opinion and no it is not. It's fact, a college football coach has dominion over HIS facilities.

But whatever, see you in a different thread.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This was my post:

Then since it disagreed with you, you whined with:

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post

You're making up this apparent "anger" you think I have. I stated nothing at all that should warrant my post of anything other than written by an adult. You infer I'm a child, when nothing was written in a manner toi back this up, other than simply disagreeing with you and/or asking you questions that would make you look foolish. The only one here remotely acting childish is you. Go to another thread then, maybe you'll find someone to agree with your crap so you can feel better. I'll wait here for the men to post, if they're interested.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Two more points:
    1. Sandusky was previously investigated, yet no charges were filed. If I were Paterno, I would have to conclude that either there wasn't enough evidence, or the guy is innocent altogether. Either way, it wouldn't be my place to do more than the prosecutor has done.
    2. If Paterno had done as suggested and barred Sandusky from the facility, it would have just driven him further underground, where these poor boys wouldn't have a chance of being observed. A gay pedophile won't stop until he is behind bars.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Two more points:
    1. Sandusky was previously investigated, yet no charges were filed. If I were Paterno, I would have to conclude that either there wasn't enough evidence, or the guy is innocent altogether. Either way, it wouldn't be my place to do more than the prosecutor has done.
    2. If Paterno had done as suggested and barred Sandusky from the facility, it would have just driven him further underground, where these poor boys wouldn't have a chance of being observed. A gay pedophile won't stop until he is behind bars.
    1. Sandusky ADMITTED to the police that he had inappropriate contact with a child in 1998. Who knows why he wasn't charged then, that entire situation is strange. The prosecuting attorney who declined to press charges completely disappeared from the face of the earth.

2. A total piss poor reason to not bar him from the facilities.