Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Reality Shows/TruTV

I like shows like World's Dumbest ... , Most Shocking/Most Daring, It Only Hurts When I Laugh, Disorder in the Court. Or any of the 48 Hours type documentary-type shows. The former are actual videos of real events, and latter recount actual events.

But let's face it ... TruTV, which claims it is not reality but actuality, puts on some of the lamest "reality" shows ever. ANY show on ANY channel that has "pawn" in the title is BS. Then you have Lizard Lick Towing, Operation Repo, Full Throttle Saloon, Impractical Jokers (complete morons), Storage Wars, and lest we forget ... the Hulk Hogan of bounty hunters, Dog the Attention Hunter. Gilligan's Island reruns are looking better and better.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I like shows like World's Dumbest ... , Most Shocking/Most Daring, It Only Hurts When I Laugh, Disorder in the Court. Or any of the 48 Hours type documentary-type shows. The former are actual videos of real events, and latter recount actual events.

But let's face it ... TruTV, which claims it is not reality but actuality, puts on some of the lamest "reality" shows ever. ANY show on ANY channel that has "pawn" in the title is BS. Then you have Lizard Lick Towing, Operation Repo, Full Throttle Saloon, Impractical Jokers (complete morons), Storage Wars, and lest we forget ... the Hulk Hogan of bounty hunters, Dog the Attention Hunter. Gilligan's Island reruns are looking better and better.
    And when you couple that with the fact that the Weather Channel doesn't show much weather anymore ...
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    And when you couple that with the fact that the Weather Channel doesn't show much weather anymore ...
    Oh get me started. Remember, the whole idea of cable TV to begin with was you paid money and didn't have to suffer the commercials of network TV. How's THAT working? Seems anymore, pharmaceutical companies, old people crap, and women's hygiene products OWN cable TV anymore.

I'd LOVE to see for all these channels we allegedly get, which 3-4 people own them all.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh get me started. Remember, the whole idea of cable TV to begin with was you paid money and didn't have to suffer the commercials of network TV. How's THAT working? Seems anymore, pharmaceutical companies, old people crap, and women's hygiene products OWN cable TV anymore.

I'd LOVE to see for all these channels we allegedly get, which 3-4 people own them all.
    Well, you are getting older, you may need the pharma companies and a hover-round before long. Oooooh! We need one of those bath-thingies that we can sit in.

As to the cable in general - I never got it. I watched movies, network tv, got on the computer or kept busy around the house. But some people are getting old and just have to conserve their energy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Well, you are getting older, you may need the pharma companies and a hover-round before long. Oooooh! We need one of those bath-thingies that we can sit in.

As to the cable in general - I never got it. I watched movies, network tv, got on the computer or kept busy around the house. But some people are getting old and just have to conserve their energy.
    Good luck with that. What was that one commercial ... men lose up to 50% of their testosterone by age 50? You might want to ask them where they went wrong here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good luck with that. What was that one commercial ... men lose up to 50% of their testosterone by age 50? You might want to ask them where they went wrong here.
    Yeah, they did kind of mess that one up, from where I'm sitting.

That's the commercial that Darth Zanious keeps writing down the number for you, so you can get the stuff that grows your hair back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Yeah, they did kind of mess that one up, from where I'm sitting.

That's the commercial that Darth Zanious keeps writing down the number for you, so you can get the stuff that grows your hair back.
    Wrong commercial. However, that is perhaps where you, tv and His Darthness are screwing up. Male pattern baldness is due mainly to excess testosterone. And I'm STILL bald.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wrong commercial. However, that is perhaps where you, tv and His Darthness are screwing up. Male pattern baldness is due mainly to excess testosterone. And I'm STILL bald.

heh ... wannago.gif

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know right, the wife and I love Hardcore Pawn, but it's pretty hard to take it as true tv when everyone who starts fighting with the pawn store is miked up, meaning of course that it was staged.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm surprised I haven't seen some jersey shore bashing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    I'm surprised I haven't seen some jersey shore bashing.
    That doesn't even cross our screen, Cadet. We DO have standards, ya know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That doesn't even cross our screen, Cadet. We DO have standards, ya know.
    The wife and I watch Hardcore Pawn at this point just hoping someone will knock Ashley the fuck out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    I know right, the wife and I love Hardcore Pawn, but it's pretty hard to take it as true tv when everyone who starts fighting with the pawn store is miked up, meaning of course that it was staged.
    They're all staged except for the ones I mentioned first. I like them because they are actual videos of dumbasses messing up in real life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They're all staged except for the ones I mentioned first. I like them because they are actual videos of dumbasses messing up in real life.
    I, for one, feel pretty damned intelligent after watching. So far, I've never done most of the stupid stuff they do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I, for one, feel pretty damned intelligent after watching. So far, I've never done most of the stupid stuff they do.
    No shit, watch 2 hours of TruTV and even the dumbest SOB I personally know seems pretty intelligent.