Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    7,810
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 134 Times in 66 Posts
    Rep Power
    563186

    Default And I'm Okay With Coach Paterno, BUT ...

    ESPN has preempted World's Strongest Man all afternoon to beat this into the dirt. I mean, give me a break. Everyone puts on crap because they know they have no audience because stupid football addicts. World's Strongest Man was the lesser of MANY evils to watch, and the ESPN commentators want to sensationalize and drag this out to death (no pun intended).

    He's dead. I get it. No disrespect intended, but I ain't. I don't consider watching a bunch of insincere media commentators feigning their pain "entertainment" nor "news".
    "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -- Winston Churchill

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana y Borrás



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11,865
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    ESPN has preempted World's Strongest Man all afternoon to beat this into the dirt. I mean, give me a break. Everyone puts on crap because they know they have no audience because stupid football addicts. World's Strongest Man was the lesser of MANY evils to watch, and the ESPN commentators want to sensationalize and drag this out to death (no pun intended).

    He's dead. I get it. No disrespect intended, but I ain't. I don't consider watching a bunch of insincere media commentators feigning their pain "entertainment" nor "news".
    Pardon, but they ARE a sports NEWS network and absolutely Paterno's passing is news. Both in terms of the loss of one of the greatest coaches to ever coach college football, and in terms of the legal situation at PSU.

    World's strongest Man? LOL

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    in my own little world
    Posts
    2,074
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    419119

    Default

    Pfffft! Have you ever watched "Strongest Man"? It's incredible.

    We watched a half hour of women's CrossFit competition. I feel like a flabby, unfit noodle now. Those women are ripped! And I'm not talking Barbie doll wannabes. They have 12 pack abs, incredible muscling overall. Most don't look so masculine - like the women bodybuilders. Some might play for the other team but the stuff they have to do ... ugh. I got exhausted just watching 30 minutes of it.

    This video is a tribute for women from two years ago but gives an idea of what they have to do:
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    7,810
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 134 Times in 66 Posts
    Rep Power
    563186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Pardon, but they ARE a sports NEWS network and absolutely Paterno's passing is news. Both in terms of the loss of one of the greatest coaches to ever coach college football, and in terms of the legal situation at PSU.

    World's strongest Man? LOL
    Pardon? ESPN2 shows mostly classic sporting event replays. ESPN Sportscenter presents sporting news. Paterno's passing may very well be news. Fine. As far as the legal situation at PSU, non-applicable. He did what he was required to do. Period.

    Regardless, these fraud, wailing and gnashing of teeth sportscasters going on and on and on for hours is BULLSHIT.

    World's Strongest Man wouldn't be my first choice, but it was better than anything else listed on the tube last night. Sorry if I'm not interested in busting out my pom poms and singing fight songs for a bunch of overpaid primadonnas.
    "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -- Winston Churchill

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana y Borrás



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11,865
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Pardon? ESPN2 shows mostly classic sporting event replays. ESPN Sportscenter presents sporting news. Paterno's passing may very well be news. Fine. As far as the legal situation at PSU, non-applicable. He did what he was required to do. Period.

    Regardless, these fraud, wailing and gnashing of teeth sportscasters going on and on and on for hours is BULLSHIT.

    World's Strongest Man wouldn't be my first choice, but it was better than anything else listed on the tube last night. Sorry if I'm not interested in busting out my pom poms and singing fight songs for a bunch of overpaid primadonnas.
    You have a logic tube loose? Petrino passing definitely has an impact on the PSU situation, and I'm not talking about what he himself did or did not do. I said I wouldn't talk about that for a week , and I meant it. BUT at a minimum he was going to be a material witness in the case and now that's gone, how much impact that will have, who knows. BUT the fact that it will impact it at all is NEWS.

    Oh, and to Jess, I would pay money for a picture or better yet a video of Gunny leading the fight song with pom poms in hand.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    7,810
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 134 Times in 66 Posts
    Rep Power
    563186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    You have a logic tube loose? Petrino passing definitely has an impact on the PSU situation, and I'm not talking about what he himself did or did not do. I said I wouldn't talk about that for a week , and I meant it. BUT at a minimum he was going to be a material witness in the case and now that's gone, how much impact that will have, who knows. BUT the fact that it will impact it at all is NEWS.

    Oh, and to Jess, I would pay money for a picture or better yet a video of Gunny leading the fight song with pom poms in hand.
    Nothing loose here. Paterno had little to nothing to do with the PSU situation. He's already said all he can or was going to say. It got reported to him and he reported it upstairs and maybe he could have handled it differently. I disagree with the latter. Those destractors and/or melodramatic over-reactors who think he had some "moral" obligation to report it to the police are full of shit. Most if not all like to pick and choose their morals as it suits their desires. He followed procedure and that's ALL he was required to do, by law, and by PSU standards. ANyone who thinks otherwise is just trying to superimpose their cherry-picked morals onto someone else. Anyone who doesn't think Paterno had morals is just flat stupid.

    Anything he would have to say would have little to no impact. The last "fight song" I got led to was "Enter Sandman" and my "pom poms" was an M-16A2.
    "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -- Winston Churchill

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana y Borrás



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •