Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default And I'm Okay With Coach Paterno, BUT ...

ESPN has preempted World's Strongest Man all afternoon to beat this into the dirt. I mean, give me a break. Everyone puts on crap because they know they have no audience because stupid football addicts. World's Strongest Man was the lesser of MANY evils to watch, and the ESPN commentators want to sensationalize and drag this out to death (no pun intended).

He's dead. I get it. No disrespect intended, but I ain't. I don't consider watching a bunch of insincere media commentators feigning their pain "entertainment" nor "news".
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    ESPN has preempted World's Strongest Man all afternoon to beat this into the dirt. I mean, give me a break. Everyone puts on crap because they know they have no audience because stupid football addicts. World's Strongest Man was the lesser of MANY evils to watch, and the ESPN commentators want to sensationalize and drag this out to death (no pun intended).

He's dead. I get it. No disrespect intended, but I ain't. I don't consider watching a bunch of insincere media commentators feigning their pain "entertainment" nor "news".
    Pardon, but they ARE a sports NEWS network and absolutely Paterno's passing is news. Both in terms of the loss of one of the greatest coaches to ever coach college football, and in terms of the legal situation at PSU.

World's strongest Man? LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pfffft! Have you ever watched "Strongest Man"? It's incredible.

We watched a half hour of women's CrossFit competition. I feel like a flabby, unfit noodle now. Those women are ripped! And I'm not talking Barbie doll wannabes. They have 12 pack abs, incredible muscling overall. Most don't look so masculine - like the women bodybuilders. Some might play for the other team but the stuff they have to do ... ugh. I got exhausted just watching 30 minutes of it.

This video is a tribute for women from two years ago but gives an idea of what they have to do:
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Pardon, but they ARE a sports NEWS network and absolutely Paterno's passing is news. Both in terms of the loss of one of the greatest coaches to ever coach college football, and in terms of the legal situation at PSU.

World's strongest Man? LOL
    Pardon? ESPN2 shows mostly classic sporting event replays. ESPN Sportscenter presents sporting news. Paterno's passing may very well be news. Fine. As far as the legal situation at PSU, non-applicable. He did what he was required to do. Period.

Regardless, these fraud, wailing and gnashing of teeth sportscasters going on and on and on for hours is BULLSHIT.

World's Strongest Man wouldn't be my first choice, but it was better than anything else listed on the tube last night. Sorry if I'm not interested in busting out my pom poms and singing fight songs for a bunch of overpaid primadonnas.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Pardon? ESPN2 shows mostly classic sporting event replays. ESPN Sportscenter presents sporting news. Paterno's passing may very well be news. Fine. As far as the legal situation at PSU, non-applicable. He did what he was required to do. Period.

Regardless, these fraud, wailing and gnashing of teeth sportscasters going on and on and on for hours is BULLSHIT.

World's Strongest Man wouldn't be my first choice, but it was better than anything else listed on the tube last night. Sorry if I'm not interested in busting out my pom poms and singing fight songs for a bunch of overpaid primadonnas.
    You have a logic tube loose? Petrino passing definitely has an impact on the PSU situation, and I'm not talking about what he himself did or did not do. I said I wouldn't talk about that for a week , and I meant it. BUT at a minimum he was going to be a material witness in the case and now that's gone, how much impact that will have, who knows. BUT the fact that it will impact it at all is NEWS.

Oh, and to Jess, I would pay money for a picture or better yet a video of Gunny leading the fight song with pom poms in hand.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    You have a logic tube loose? Petrino passing definitely has an impact on the PSU situation, and I'm not talking about what he himself did or did not do. I said I wouldn't talk about that for a week , and I meant it. BUT at a minimum he was going to be a material witness in the case and now that's gone, how much impact that will have, who knows. BUT the fact that it will impact it at all is NEWS.

Oh, and to Jess, I would pay money for a picture or better yet a video of Gunny leading the fight song with pom poms in hand.
    Nothing loose here. Paterno had little to nothing to do with the PSU situation. He's already said all he can or was going to say. It got reported to him and he reported it upstairs and maybe he could have handled it differently. I disagree with the latter. Those destractors and/or melodramatic over-reactors who think he had some "moral" obligation to report it to the police are full of shit. Most if not all like to pick and choose their morals as it suits their desires. He followed procedure and that's ALL he was required to do, by law, and by PSU standards. ANyone who thinks otherwise is just trying to superimpose their cherry-picked morals onto someone else. Anyone who doesn't think Paterno had morals is just flat stupid.

Anything he would have to say would have little to no impact. The last "fight song" I got led to was "Enter Sandman" and my "pom poms" was an M-16A2.