Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Pixie dust?
    Most folks don't understand the army's push and LEAD in cost-saving. Folks want to harp on the $800 hammers, etc. Those things happen. But, with LEED certification in buildings, Lean/Six Sigma programs, Early Retirement options, Voluntary Separation programs - just to name a few - the Pentagon IS reducing costs. BUT - politicians pander to 'progressives' who lack the stomach to safeguard whatever freedoms they ALLOW us to have.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Most folks don't understand the army's push and LEAD in cost-saving. Folks want to harp on the $800 hammers, etc. Those things happen. But, with LEED certification in buildings, Lean/Six Sigma programs, Early Retirement options, Voluntary Separation programs - just to name a few - the Pentagon IS reducing costs. BUT - politicians pander to 'progressives' who lack the stomach to safeguard whatever freedoms they ALLOW us to have.
    Exactly as I've been saying. OF COURSE the military needs to better job of being financially accountable, but there are limits to what can be cut.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Seriously, why is the defense department the only department you think needs to make cuts? You don't think every government agency has a shit load of employees that do NOTHING and need to be cut? Of course they do... Yet you never mention anything but "cut defense cut defense"
    Actually, every government depart DOES have things that can be cut. But you have to agree that defense is by far the most bloated of all agencies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Actually, every government depart DOES have things that can be cut. But you have to agree that defense is by far the most bloated of all agencies.
    Actually, I wouldn't agree. I would argue that the State Department is the most wasteful of all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Actually, I wouldn't agree. I would argue that the State Department is the most wasteful of all.

HUD is right up there too.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    HUD is right up there too.
    Of course the CORRECT answer as to which government agency is the most wasteful would undoubtedly have to be CONGRESS.