Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Default To Catch a Predator

First off, I think Chris Hanson is one of the smarmiest, self-sanctimonious asshats I've ever seen. Second, apparently, because I offended one certain chump who participates in the entrapment activities that he chose to destroy a message board in his unbridled hatred of my opposition. How's THAT for having power over someone?

For those not in the know, the premise of the show is that an internet group pretends to be 13-15 years olds and lures grown men to a specific address where they are exposed on camera (for later use by MSNBC), then hammered by cops once they try to leave.

Let's see if we can differentiate between Gunny's opinion here:

1. I'd as soon shoot a child molester as look at one. Matter of fact, I'd rather kick their asses ... more painful than a shooting.

2. However, I believe going onto the internet and posing as an under-age person and luring someone into a trap where they are arrested is entrapment. Originally, the police were not involved and the person(s) were just exposed. No problem.

However, I believe once you involve law enforcement, you cross the legal (not moral) line.

Tell me where I'm wrong (and not YOU ConHog -- you don't know shit).
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    First off, I think Chris Hanson is one of the smarmiest, self-sanctimonious asshats I've ever seen. Second, apparently, because I offended one certain chump who participates in the entrapment activities that he chose to destroy a message board in his unbridled hatred of my opposition. How's THAT for having power over someone?

For those not in the know, the premise of the show is that an internet group pretends to be 13-15 years olds and lures grown men to a specific address where they are exposed on camera (for later use by MSNBC), then hammered by cops once they try to leave.

1. I'd as soon shoot a child molester as look at one. Matter of fact, I'd rather kick their asses ... more painful than a shooting.

2. However, I believe going onto the internet and posing as an under-age person and luring someone into a trap where they are arrested is entrapment. Originally, the police were not involved and the person(s) were just exposed. No problem.

However, I believe once you involve law enforcement, you cross the legal (not moral) line.

Whoa! Deja Vu

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wanted or nor im going to give you conjoga facts. Ever see the show Bait Caar?

Serjously, the last time you started this thread i posted the three elements required for sometging to be police entraoment and showed that this show does meet the legal standards to not be entrapment.

Youre of course rntitled to your opinion but it means nothing in the face of court decisions that differ.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Whoa! Deja Vu
    How so?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Wanted or nor im going to give you conjoga facts. Ever see the show Bait Caar?

Serjously, the last time you started this thread i posted the three elements required for sometging to be police entraoment and showed that this show does meet the legal standards to not be entrapment.

Youre of course rntitled to your opinion but it means nothing in the face of court decisions that differ.
    My opinion seems to exceed your typing skills. Last time I posted this thread was on another board. I didn't agree with you then, nor do I agree with that reasoning now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How so?
    http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...088#post516088

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My opinion seems to exceed your typing skills. Last time I posted this thread was on another board. I didn't agree with you then, nor do I agree with that reasoning now.
    Sorry, was on my Droid, hard to edit on that.

And, no we discussed it on THIS board, as per the link MissileMan posted and in THAT thread I proved that it isn't police entrapment.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Okay, well just pretend I'm a noob and started an abortion thread.

I'll see if I can't combine the two.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Sorry, was on my Droid, hard to edit on that.

And, no we discussed it on THIS board, as per the link MissileMan posted and in THAT thread I proved that it isn't police entrapment.
    Damn. Too bad for you. That means you were wrong on USMB and twice here.

When you want to stop regurgitating the current misinterpretation and misuse of the law and address the misinterpreted INTENT of the law. let me know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn. Too bad for you. That means you were wrong on USMB and twice here.

When you want to stop regurgitating the current misinterpretation and misuse of the law and address the misinterpreted INTENT of the law. let me know.
    I honestly have no recollection of discussing this topic on USMB, but you had me thinking I was crazy when you posted that you hadn't debated it on THIS board.

That being said, I posted the LEGAL standard for police entrapment, that show doesn't meet those standards. Now if you want to argue that the standards should be changed, well then by all means, argue that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

For every predator that was ''entrapped'' whether legal or not, is one less predator preying on our children.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    For every predator that was ''entrapped'' whether legal or not, is one less predator preying on our children.
    That there is a silly-slop sentence...
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    That there is a silly-slop sentence...
    yep...sometimes I get lazy and don't correct myself, especially when not using computer.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Okay, well just pretend I'm a noob and started an abortion thread.

I'll see if I can't combine the two.
    Hmmmm. How bout a TV show that entices a pregnant 16 year old to get an abortion, and doesn't want her gay married dads to find out because they don't approve of having children out of wedlock? Maury Povich hosts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

I honestly have no recollection of discussing this topic on USMB, but you had me thinking I was crazy when you posted that you hadn't debated it on THIS board.

That being said, I posted the LEGAL standard for police entrapment, that show doesn't meet those standards. Now if you want to argue that the standards should be changed, well then by all means, argue that.
    Really. I thought the 5th Amendment to the US Constitution was the "legal standard". Your "legal standard" also does not jive with what used to be the "legal standard". So when did it change? What made it okay for law enforcement to engage in entrapping people?