Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    Is it wrong to ask the question?
    I didn't want specifics discussed in this thread as I stated. That, and the fact that you are revealing that you are somewhat privy to "rumors".

What matters here is what the COMMUNITY saw. Lets say I post a picture later today of my wife, and none of you have seen her before. Is it cool for one or a few members to talk smack about her? I personally don't think so. And if someone does, the board as a whole saw someone dis my wife. Even if in a scenario where the picture wasn't in fact of my wife, the offending member still talked smack about my wife as far as the board is concerned.

But the fact that you're repeating a rumor, to an extent, makes me wonder how this information gets around. WAY too much crap behind the scenes.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It doesn't matter to me either way OCA, I thought your wife was very very pretty I said so repeatedly in that thread and I also said you were handsome and look really good for your age.

I use pretty women avatars all the time and people have asked me at this board if its me and I always have said its not because Im a fat slob and dont like myself and prefer pretty women avatars.

Jim, can you move this post somewhere so we can slap Chloe around until she stops calling herself fat/ugly/slob etc etc?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How is asking you if that picture is really you and your wife throwing rocks?
    Chloe seriously, i'm chomping at the bit.........don't make me have to cut off my hands.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Chloe seriously, i'm chomping at the bit.........don't make me have to cut off my hands.
    Your chomping at the bit to attack me for asking the question?

Why?

I thought you liked me and I honestly don't understand why you or Jim is mad I asked about it.

I have always used fake pics as my avatars and never said they were me.

I asked to put it to rest because other people have implied it wasnt you and your wife and I believed you.

I complimented you both because I think it is you and your pretty wife.

I don't know why everyone is mad about me asking why can't we just clear it up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Does that bar owner need a rule posted that specifically states, no calling people's wife/GF a whore or racial slur? You could attempt to reason with them, if they fail to understand-- kick em out.

How bout this rule JIM; I reserve the right to refuse membership for any reason....to quote OCA, 'nuff said'.
    Of course, I thought that is what we were discussing. Where is the line? IMO the line is if someone posts a picture in a thread entitled "we are both fucking hot" then the hotness of the person in said picture is open to flaming. Just like if I entitled a thread " My wife is not a wetback" well guess what , someone is PROBABLY going to post oh yes she is or something similar and that is fair game , again IMO.

On the other hand if we're discussing vacations and say Jim posts a pic of his family on vacation then HE didn't bring the level of hotness of his wife into the discussion and so that's off limits. Same as if I don't bring whether my wife is a legal citizen or not into a discussion, flaming that should be off limits.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I didn't want specifics discussed in this thread as I stated. That, and the fact that you are revealing that you are somewhat privy to "rumors".

What matters here is what the COMMUNITY saw. Lets say I post a picture later today of my wife, and none of you have seen her before. Is it cool for one or a few members to talk smack about her? I personally don't think so. And if someone does, the board as a whole saw someone dis my wife. Even if in a scenario where the picture wasn't in fact of my wife, the offending member still talked smack about my wife as far as the board is concerned.

But the fact that you're repeating a rumor, to an extent, makes me wonder how this information gets around. WAY too much crap behind the scenes.
    You are 100% correct Jimmy, nothing, I mean nothing gives anybody right to talk smack about family members, personally i'm at fault this week for breaking my own oath on that but the precedent was set.

Sorry, I know you didn't want old stuff brought up but I couldn't make my point otherwise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Of course, I thought that is what we were discussing. Where is the line? IMO the line is if someone posts a picture in a thread entitled "we are both fucking hot" then the hotness of the person in said picture is open to flaming. Just like if I entitled a thread " My wife is not a wetback" well guess what , someone is PROBABLY going to post oh yes she is or something similar and that is fair game , again IMO.

On the other hand if we're discussing vacations and say Jim posts a pic of his family on vacation then HE didn't bring the level of hotness of his wife into the discussion and so that's off limits. Same as if I don't bring whether my wife is a legal citizen or not into a discussion, flaming that should be off limits.
    If I post a picture of myself and my wife, and claimed in that thread that we were both "hot" - I sure as fuck hope that doesn't open my wife up to flaming, simply because I think she is hot. And i't one thing to simply state that she isn't hot, but name calling is much worse in addition to that. If you truly think what you wrote is how it should be, then maybe a rule is needed, IMO.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    IMO the line is if someone posts a picture in a thread entitled "we are both fucking hot" then the hotness of the person in said picture is open to flaming.
    This is why you are held in such contempt here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If I post a picture of myself and my wife, and claimed in that thread that we were both "hot" - I sure as fuck hope that doesn't open my wife up to flaming, simply because I think she is hot. And i't one thing to simply state that she isn't hot, but name calling is much worse in addition to that. If you truly think what you wrote is how it should be, then maybe a rule is needed, IMO.
    If you go to a party and your buddy shows up with a 300lb date and says "man she is hot!", does that mean you then have every right to say "she's a fucking slob", sure, if you want a beatdown.

In reality, no, you keep your mouth shut because to do anything else shows rudeness and reveals what a complete asshole you are.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you go to a party and your buddy shows up with a 300lb date and says "man she is hot!", does that mean you then have every right to say "she's a fucking slob", sure, if you want a beatdown.

In reality, no, you keep your mouth shut because to do anything else shows rudeness and reveals what a complete asshole you are.

I agreed with everyone about that if you dont have something nice to say then dont say, but your wife is pretty and if peoples jealous because of it then they are spreading rumors that the pic wasnt real.

I believe you and I dont know why you are so mad at me I was trying to clear your name.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I agreed with everyone about that if you dont have something nice to say then dont say, but your wife is pretty and if peoples jealous because of it then they are spreading rumors that the pic wasnt real.

I believe you and I dont know why you are so mad at me I was trying to clear your name.
    WHO is spreading this rumor and how did you hear of it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Because Chloe, mentioning it furthers the rumour, we all know who started the rumour but lets just let it be, ok?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WHO is spreading this rumor and how did you hear of it?
    Well someone on your staff is

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Well someone on your staff is
    Forward the PM that one of them sent you and I'll handle it...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Of course not. The difference here is if you and Jim showed up at a party with identical twins each weighing 300 lbs and I was there, I would congratulate Jim on scoring and ridicule you.

Same thing goes here, rarely does one "flame" their buddies online or in real life. Rib ? Yes. Flame? No.