Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default F-16s scramble for aircraft over LA, as Obama visits

(AFP) – 14 hours ago

LOS ANGELES — Two F-16 fighters were scrambled Thursday to intercept a light aircraft over Los Angeles, during a visit by President Barack Obama for a fundraising trip, officials said.

The military jets scrambled out of March Air Reserve Base in Riverside County, California, "to respond to a temporary flight restriction violation by a Cessna 182 aircraft over Los Angeles," said a NORAD statement.
    "After intercepting the aircraft, the F-16s followed it until it landed without incident at approximately 12:30 pm MST, where the plane was met by local law enforcement," said the North American Aerospace Defense Command.
    more ... http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...00b5f26049.d91

Heaven forbid a Cessna single prop attack O-blah-blah.

Is it just me? Or is this shit getting old? Now you can't fly your unobtrusive, unarmed plane anywhere near his eminence? Like the f*ing Air Force is going to do anything anyway. If I was after someone I'd send Navy or Marine F-18s. They actually know how to kick some ass below 30,000 feet.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    more ... http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...00b5f26049.d91

Heaven forbid a Cessna single prop attack O-blah-blah.

Is it just me? Or is this shit getting old? Now you can't fly your unobtrusive, unarmed plane anywhere near his eminence? Like the f*ing Air Force is going to do anything anyway. If I was after someone I'd send Navy or Marine F-18s. They actually know how to kick some ass below 30,000 feet.
    What are you going on about? It's SOP to not have aircraft flying around wherever POTUS is. Didn't start with Obama.

PS - Much as I'd do away with the Air Force altogether, they were no doubt sent up because they were the closest to the incident, and their primary mission in that situation is to get the plane away from POTUS and hopefully landed, not to shoot them down .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    What are you going on about? It's SOP to not have aircraft flying around wherever POTUS is. Didn't start with Obama.

PS - Much as I'd do away with the Air Force altogether, they were no doubt sent up because they were the closest to the incident, and their primary mission in that situation is to get the plane away from POTUS and hopefully landed, not to shoot them down .
    You want to stop your assumed crapping on my posts here and now, or you want me to light your ass up? I don't give a damn about SOP, nor that idiot Obama. If anyone in there right mind can't see a single engine Cessna has about about as much threat and firepower as you, they're blind.

You can end this right here and quit running your suck. Your choice. You ain't making yourself look anything but stupid.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Cessna may not have any firepower but what if the plane itself was used as a weapon by a suicidal crackpot looking to kill the President?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    The Cessna may not have any firepower but what if the plane itself was used as a weapon by a suicidal crackpot looking to kill the President?
    Let's review "yellow journalism". The leftwing media wants to make this into something it's not. Fact is, some knucklehead was flying his bird around and I'll be damned if it was me that I'd keep up with where Herr Obama is.

And what if? All I'm seeing is a win/win here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You want to stop your assumed crapping on my posts here and now, or you want me to light your ass up? I don't give a damn about SOP, nor that idiot Obama. If anyone in there right mind can't see a single engine Cessna has about about as much threat and firepower as you, they're blind.

You can end this right here and quit running your suck. Your choice. You ain't making yourself look anything but stupid.
    Huh? Light me up Gunny LOL doesn't change the fact that it is normal to force down planes that try to fly near the POTUS's location.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Huh? Light me up Gunny LOL doesn't change the fact that it is normal to force down planes that try to fly near the POTUS's location.
    I told you where to take it. That's the rules. You want a piece of me, the cage is available. Otherwise shut your f*ing mouth and quit messing up the threads.

If it's so normal then why is the leftwingnut media trying to make some big issue of it? Come on, bright boy, let's hear your answer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That's just what those sneaky commies want you to believe.
    Seriously though, scrambled? I wouldn't be surprised if they're already in the air...contingencies contingencies...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I told you where to take it. That's the rules. You want a piece of me, the cage is available. Otherwise shut your f*ing mouth and quit messing up the threads.

If it's so normal then why is the leftwingnut media trying to make some big issue of it? Come on, bright boy, let's hear your answer.
    What are you babbling about? I didn't flame you. I disagreed with your post. Do you REALLY not understand the difference? Clearly it is YOU who is flaming.

As for why the media make a big deal of it, probably the same reason they made a big deal about some doof throwing a shoe at Bush, or about Tebow or about anything. Making a big deal out of things is what they do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

What are you babbling about? I didn't flame you. I disagreed with your post. Do you REALLY not understand the difference?
    Whatever you say. The President sucks. Regardless, if two USAF f-16s can't recognize an unarmed, single engine Cessna for what it is, fuck them. If I owned a plane, I'd fly it wherever the fuck I want.

Tell me, just WHAT makes it okay for you to cow to the government, neocon? The one that isn't supposed to be up our butts for whatever it desires? Aren't you supposed to be Mr Constitution? You damned sure missed the words in it.

Your compliance to an unconstitutional machine that reeks of P*ssy is echoed by your every word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Whatever you say. The President sucks. Regardless, if two USAF f-16s can't recognize an unarmed, single engine Cessna for what it is, fuck them. If I owned a plane, I'd fly it wherever the fuck I want.

Tell me, just WHAT makes it okay for you to cow to the government, neocon? The one that isn't supposed to be up our butts for whatever it desires? Aren't you supposed to be Mr Constitution? You damned sure missed the words in it.

Your compliance to an unconstitutional machine that reeks of P*ssy is echoed by your every word.
    Oh come on Gunny; i'm sure enforcing a no-fly zone around the Prez is SOP. Not to mention, US airspace, like, all of it that I'm aware, is controlled by the sovereign.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Oh come on Gunny; i'm sure enforcing a no-fly zone around the Prez is SOP. Not to mention, US airspace, like, all of it that I'm aware, is controlled by the sovereign.
    And? Let's start at the biginning of your reply. "US Airspace?" That would mean airspace available for use by US citzens to me. Nut OH FUCK NO ... we have a US government agency that can dictate what you're allowed to do in the sky. Imust have missed that in the Constitution.

Oh wait ... no I didn't ... after Lincoln violated almost as much of the Constitution as Obama has, it was decided by force of arms.

Right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What exactly are you trying to say here? That a POTUS who you don't like shouldn't be afforded the same security as one you approve of? You do realize that they are protecting the OFFICE of the Presidency as much as they are protecting the man who holds that office don't you?

ALso, those AF drivers weren't the ones calling the shots, they don't get to decide which planes they will investigate and which ones they won't.

The rest of your post was just mindless flaming, please take it to the cage.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And? Let's start at the biginning of your reply. "US Airspace?" That would mean airspace available for use by US citzens to me. Nut OH FUCK NO ... we have a US government agency that can dictate what you're allowed to do in the sky. Imust have missed that in the Constitution.

Oh wait ... no I didn't ... after Lincoln violated almost as much of the Constitution as Obama has, it was decided by force of arms.

Right?
    The correct term is US controlled airspace, meaning of course that it is CONTROLLED, not just a free for all fly wherever you like whenever you like. HOWEVER, let me ask you this, without landing the plane and checking out the identity of the pilot how would they even know that he was a US citizen or not? Could have been a Russian spy flying the Cessna for all we know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

The correct term is US controlled airspace, meaning of course that it is CONTROLLED, not just a free for all fly wherever you like whenever you like. HOWEVER, let me ask you this, without landing the plane and checking out the identity of the pilot how would they even know that he was a US citizen or not? Could have been a Russian spy flying the Cessna for all we know.
    The correct term is unconstitutional. Controlled by force. I see a recurring theme here.