Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
My point, which you completely missed in my little anecdote, is that parents and children need to learn personal responsibility. The public school system has turned the masses into dependent, can't think for themselves, individuals who expect society to take care of them.

Darwin's Law has totally been skewed by society's need to coddle. No wonder "advanced civilizations" fail.

And how did these parents get to this point? Because, we as a society, have allowed it to happen through insidious things like providing cafeteria lunches so that parents can turn their back on that responsibility.

This is why today's children are not taught the tools they need to succeed. Parents rely on the school...school drops the ball the majority of the time...even though they claim to know what's best. As my kids have gotten older...I have found that I fight the schools to enforce their own rules and guidelines every bit as much as I fight my kids to abide by them. The kids with slacker parents just fall through the cracks.