Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
I agree with you in principle. Couple that with our citizens 'demands' for higher wages; without thinking twice about the then-higher-costs and we have what we have today: Inflation and struggling. Oh - toss on a dallop of revolving credit debt and yeah - two-income families are the norm, sadly.

But. Here's the But. Parents have a choice. Everyone has choices. Despite working schedules and tiredness, parents OWE it to their kids to ensure the kids are fed adquately. That's not to say "every time somebody says it's lunch time a kid MUST eat". It's to say 'hunger' is a systematic problem. "Being hungry" is an instance. For an instance, most kids can miss a meal.

Most people can, for that matter.

Back to choices - My wife's last dance is about midnight; sometimes later. She gets home between midnight and 2am. After she washes off the remaining glitter, she gets to bed - maybe - about 2:30-3am. She Chooses to rise up to her knees, and pushes herself up off the mattress and down onto the floor - as she puts her little toes into fuzzy slippers, promptly at 0630. She does this to ensure our daughter is up and ready for school. My wife then stands there, and watches / attends to our daughter as the kid waits for the school bus. Back in bed, sometimes, for a 30 minute quicky until she repeats for our son. Thus, her bed life is a series of ups and downs. In and outs. Of bed.

Choices. My wife made the choice to work her body all night for extra income, and then wear herself out in bed, what with the crazy sleep patterns.

If WE can do this. If SHE can do what it takes, anybody can. While my wife is a special breed of woman, she's only human. Just like anyone else. No superpowers I can speak of on a family-friendly forum.

Look we agree that many CHOOSE not to make sacrifices that they probably SHOULD make. But in the meantime we need to face realities. A sad reality is that many a parent see schools as day cares which by God not only have to take care of their children for 10 hours a day and provide for all their needs, but also ones that can't actually discipline said children. The choices are either tell those people to fuck off or to deal with it the best we can. That's why schools must have police on campus now, nurses on staff, cafeterias, sports teams, after school activities, and a myriad of other things. Back when Laura Engal was a a teacher your ass learned to read , write, and do math and that was ALL the school provided, but those days are long gone my friend. Never to return.