Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I have not posted in awhile, but boy do I have a story

I guess I'll start with my ex................. as some of you may remember from about 5 years ago. The a#$hole piece of s&^t I was married to for far to long and then divorced.

Part 1..........

So it starts with my 13 year old he starts dropping hints here and there about maybe living with his father, this started about 3 months ago. Knowing this child thought his dad, his words not mine, was an a##hole I was kinda taken aback by these little hints and pretty much ignored them.

About a month ago he busts out with I want to live with my dad. I was like what? why? his response well because I lived with you all of my life and I want to try to live with my dad for half the time I am growing up. I then said ok and? He says well my dads getting older and he wants to spend more time with me and since I'm getting older too.

I said ok now whats really going on what is your dad telling you and putting in your head? He says nothing but I'll have more money at my dad's and I can still come and see you. You have got to be kidding me?! More money?! I told him well he can pay me more child support and you'll have more money. This is the same kid who just got a $300.00 texter dream phone and mom pays his cell phone bill. OK

He then says well I won't have to deal with all the drama that's funny....I said are you serious? what drama? considering my current husband and I never ever argue. And I have talked to my ex's girlfriend a few times and yeah let's just say the man has not changed he still screams and yells and calls people names and it's like walking on eggshells living there....some things never change....I told her yeah good luck with that, thats why we are divorced, to much drama.

But according to my 13 year old his dad has changed he's not like that anymore. I told him ok and you have not lived with him since you were 9. Going and visiting every other weekend is way different then actually living there.

So needless to say about 3 weeks ago I read through my sons text messages and his dad was encouraging him on what to say. I let it go for the moment.

Then one evening me and the boy's went grocery shopping and my ex calls my cell he's being all nice and asking how things are going and wanting to know if I'm ok which is very suspicious to me but whatever I already know he has an ulterior motive for calling my phone........ and I'm waiting for it.

Here it comes.........well he says you know William is starting to get older and he wants to come and live with me I said yeah he's mentioned it. He then goes into how a great dad he is and how he is way better then all the other fathers he knows and I FLIPPED OUT in the middle of krogers. I am sure everyone heard my end of the conversation.

I was like great dad??!!! you have got to be kidding me, where in the f&^k do you get off calling your self a great dad? He says well I pay my child support every week and I get the boy's every other weekend. OH NO stop right there don't even try to pull that paying child support and getting your children 4 days a month, does not earn you father of the year award!!!

I said where the hell were you at in the past five years when I have had to take them to DR. appointments because there sick and I had to call off work, how about football practice and games, basketball practice and games, running them to their friends house's, and all the other running I have done. Where the hell were you at for the entire year Jesse was in counseling once a week that's 52 visits and you never went to one of them. What about parent teacher conferences never saw you at those either. Hell do you even know their teachers names?????? He had no answer.

I then said I am done with this conversation.......and I hung up on him.

So two days later he calls me again and starts on the same crap. I was at home then and put him on speaker phone my husband, my youngest son, and the neighbors daughter were all listening to him go on and on he then starts screaming at me and called me a stupid tramp......ok sure he's changed.

Everyone was sitting there like my husband says did he just call you a stupid tramp? My 11 year old son looks at me and says mom whats a tramp? and the neighbor girl was like wow ok. At that point I then told my ex he had 30 minutes to bring William home or I was calling the cops it was his weekend however it was after 6pm at this point. And I have full custody. He brought him home quickly.

A week goes by and i am noticing William seems to be distancing himself from me. William and I have always had a very close relationship. So I started thinking about things and decided that I am not going to be the bad guy here which is exactly what they are making me. I told William if you want to go live with your dad and try it out that's fine you can go and if you decide you don't like it you can always move back home. He was thrilled! I was not!

But I realized that he is 13 years old he will be 14 in May and I should actually be proud that he is confident enough to want to move out into the world and find his own place in the world. I believe I have instilled good morals and values in him and I'm confident he will make the right choices when push comes to shove. He is a really good kid with a good head on his shoulders! Now if I could just get him to quit changing girlfriends like he changes underwear.

Part 2...........

So since William wanted to move in with his dad we had to modify the child custody so we went and filed a joint motion to modify it to shared parenting so William could enroll in his dads school district.

We went to court yesterday we had no desire to modify anything but the custody part we have a child support order for $200.00 a month from 5 years ago that we never modified because I hate the child support system i never get the money when I am supposed to it's always a week to two weeks late but then sometimes i do get it when I am supposed to. So I didn't want anymore child support going through the system the two of us had agreed his child support would increase to $500.00 a month and he would give me $150.00 additional every two weeks so I knew I could count on getting it on time. However this was based on what I knew he was making 5 years ago. (my ex pointed out how his girlfriend made the comment about how she wished her kid's dad paid what my ex did and paid it on time) I made the comment well if she would have made better choices in who she choose to father her kids. I said my first ex couldn't keep a job I made it a point to make sure the next husband I had kept a job and made decent money just in case I divorced him too.

While in court yesterday the judge decided he wanted to do a child support worksheet but was ok with us leaving the child support as it stood since my ex is giving me money every other week on top of what goes through the system. My ex and i had already decided that he would continue giving me the same amount he had been giving me even though William was now living with him.

The judge got all of our work info pay and hours and then had us step out into the hall while he computed it.

My ex was sweating bullets he kept saying there going to kill me in child support.

We get called back in and the judge had determined that he was to pay me $348.00 a month even with him having one of the kids living with him. Which computes to him paying me $700.00 a month if I have both living with me. Hmmmmm so after court I made it a point to tell him you should have been paying me $700.00 a month for the past year and a half now so yeah we'll just leave it at $500.00 for now.

If William moves back in with me, you can damn well bet it's going up to $700.00 a month.
    Last edited by Trinity; 12-05-2009 at 01:12 PM.
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This reminded me, slightly, of a conversation I once had on the phone with my ex. He had loaded up Quicken on his "compuker" and was quick to announce that he had created a pie chart that showed that he spent 32% of his income on child support (this even though he was seriously in arrears at the time). I didn't hesitate to tell him that I didn't need a freakin' pie chart to tell me that I spent 100% of my earnings supporting our children. He quickly hung up on me.

Seriously though Trinity....Bickering with the ex in the presence of the children is harmful. Bickering with the ex on a cell phone in the presence of other shoppers in the store is self defacing. Bickering with the ex on the speaker phone at home in the presence of minor aged neighbors is kinda weird.

I'm not accusing you of this, but I have seen family members use their children as weapons to hurt one another and the ones who lose the most in such battles are the children. Childhood is incredibly short. It never matters what went on in the past, when you are trying to move forward with kids in tow it is generally easier to drive if you're hands are not burdened with bludgeoning clubs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trinity I missed ya posting here. Yeah some Ex-husbands can be very inconsiderate when it comes to recognizing all the work you have put into raising the child you both brought into the world. Your son sounds old enough to understand the concept of bickering parents. I know what joyfyl bee means and when my kids were little I was careful about badmouthing or fighting with ex in front of them too, but as they get older it doesn't scar them for life, its reality. The truth be told your son will probably be exposed to more from the ex husband then you anyway, it sounds like the ex has a bad temper. My ex had a zillion live in girlfriends and was always going to get engaged to them , and if the girlfriends had kids of their own sometimes they would call my ex husband dad and that used to bug my kids alot, because they knew their dad would be breaking up with the lady in a few months. Neither of my kids ever wanted to live with him. But my oldest went through a phase of wanting to live at her grandma's ( my mom's house) it didnt last long because I let her. LOL then she wanted to come home. Sometimes the grass looks greener elsewhere, sounds like you did a great job being a mom, your son will probably want to come back in a few months once he see's how your ex really is and the honeymoon is over.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    Sometimes the grass looks greener elsewhere, sounds like you did a great job being a mom, your son will probably want to come back in a few months once he see's how your ex really is and the honeymoon is over.
    I totally agree with you on this Chloe!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful HoneyBee View Post
    This reminded me, slightly, of a conversation I once had on the phone with my ex. He had loaded up Quicken on his "compuker" and was quick to announce that he had created a pie chart that showed that he spent 32% of his income on child support (this even though he was seriously in arrears at the time). I didn't hesitate to tell him that I didn't need a freakin' pie chart to tell me that I spent 100% of my earnings supporting our children. He quickly hung up on me.

Seriously though Trinity....Bickering with the ex in the presence of the children is harmful. Bickering with the ex on a cell phone in the presence of other shoppers in the store is self defacing. Bickering with the ex on the speaker phone at home in the presence of minor aged neighbors is kinda weird.

I'm not accusing you of this, but I have seen family members use their children as weapons to hurt one another and the ones who lose the most in such battles are the children. Childhood is incredibly short. It never matters what went on in the past, when you are trying to move forward with kids in tow it is generally easier to drive if you're hands are not burdened with bludgeoning clubs.
    What She said!
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    What She said!
    Yeah I suppose it all depends on the person, when my husband left us my kids were only 6 & 3, we never bickered like that but believe me I was devastated. I really didnt want to end the marriage. He had a lot of live-in girlfriends over time and my girls would come home and tell me horrible names they heard daddy call the women while fighting, one girlfriend even drove her car into his house while my kids were over. I suppose kids get exposed to bad things in life no matter what you do. Nowadays tv shows pretty much cover everything imaginable. As a parent myself I can do my part to shelter my girls from it as much as possile but it isn't realistic once they are older.Trinity's son is a teenager,by his age they have heard alot even at school. I'll bet the teenage son will hear his dad argue with more then just the mom. Unfortunately trinity won't be able to control the ex husbands foul mouth or temper eh? Not only that most people I know have lost their cool before because its human to do that. No its not ideal but neither is divorce, or unplanned pregnancies or alot of other things that happen in life. We move through them and learn something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Playing the phone call for the neighbor kid was a bad idea imho.

I have to point out another thing. "Changes GF's like underwear". Hmmm! How old again.....13 (?).

I attribute my failure in marriage to one thing, my own bad decision process in the selection of my spouse. Maried too young, got what I had coming. Ended up raising kid alone so I do sort of have ability to understand to some degree. Difference is for men than women in this regard is that a man is expected to be able to support child without help. I found this to be true.

Carrying on these battles in front of or involving the children in any degree at all is tacky I think. It teaches them that vindictiveness is acceptable behavior as long as you think you are right. Bad form! Strength is displayed for children when you portray the image that no matter what happens you are capable of handling it and not allowing it to be a force in their lives. This builds their confidence that you are the proper parent to be in charge of their well being and lessens the chance that they will request to live with another parent.

I'm just saying....
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post

I have to point out another thing. "Changes GF's like underwear". Hmmm! How old again.....13 (?).

I attribute my failure in marriage to one thing, my own bad decision process in the selection of my spouse. Maried too young, got what I had coming. Ended up raising kid alone so I do sort of have ability to understand to some degree. Difference is for men than women in this regard is that a man is expected to be able to support child without help. I found this to be true.

Carrying on these battles in front of or involving the children in any degree at all is tacky I think. It teaches them that vindictiveness is acceptable behavior as long as you think you are right. Bad form! Strength is displayed for children when you portray the image that no matter what happens you are capable of handling it and not allowing it to be a force in their lives. This builds their confidence that you are the proper parent to be in charge of their well being and lessens the chance that they will request to live with another parent.

I'm just saying....

It's a good point on the child support. I have noticed a pattern about that too. I haven;t received any for 5 months now, but me and my ex get along ok because our parents are friends. I even let him live in my house a year for free. But Im making another thread to explore your point Emmett.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post

I'm just saying....
    The phone call wasn't played for the neighbor girl she walked in while I had the phone on speaker so my husband could listen to the conversation. My ex has a huge problem with saying something and then swearing up and down he never said it. So I have gotten to the point that whenever I talk to my ex I put him on speaker phone so that I have a witness to what he says, so when he tries to say I never said that, yeah ya did I have a witness.

As for the phone call when I was called a name I was actually quite polite on that call, unlike him. I didn't feel the need to call him names and scream and carry on like he does. Matter of fact I am usually the one who is calm while he is screaming and carrying on. The phone call in the store was a first, and I had had enough of his I'm a great father spiel.
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I don't understand why you let your son move in with this scumbag. Kids don't get to make parenting choices- that's solely your job. Every 13 year old boy thinks he knows it all, and developmentally they're as dumb as a bag or rocks. I know because I was one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I don't understand why you let your son move in with this scumbag. Kids don't get to make parenting choices- that's solely your job. Every 13 year old boy thinks he knows it all, and developmentally they're as dumb as a bag or rocks. I know because I was one.
    Thats the whole point.........It will take him about 3 months and he will be calling me up saying wow mom you were right he really hasn't changed and I want to move back home.

The bonus is he will then be thinking, mom let me make my own decision and it ended up not working out like I thought, hmmmm maybe next time I will take her advice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Thats the whole point.........It will take him about 3 months and he will be calling me up saying wow mom you were right he really hasn't changed and I want to move back home.

The bonus is he will then be thinking, mom let me make my own decision and it ended up not working out like I thought, hmmmm maybe next time I will take her advice.
    I see your point. I believe in having a "long leash" as well, and in this case he's still in relative safety. I hope it works.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I have not posted in awhile, but boy do I have a story

Wow, I can't believe I read the whole thing?...And enjoyed it?!

Oh No?...What's happening to me?...What's next?...........Oprah?

Holly shit, I'm turning into my sister!
    Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HogTrash View Post
    Wow, I can't believe I read the whole thing?...And enjoyed it?!

Oh No?...What's happening to me?...What's next?...........Oprah?

Holly shit, I'm turning into my sister!
    Oprah? NO..ya gotta start with Jerry Springer and move up to Oprah.
    Geeeezzzzzzzz!
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Not Hog!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Oprah? NO..ya gotta start with Jerry Springer and move up to Oprah.
    Geeeezzzzzzzz!
    The sight of all those lefty loon democrats in Oprah's and Jerry's studios is enough to disgust any normal decent intelligent white human being that has more than one tooth.
    Only You Can Save Your Childrens Future!