Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Still sore

In the middle of week 20 (I know, who's counting?) and did a cross fit METCON yesterday. Feeling it today for sure but the good thing is I completed 5 sets in 6 minutes and 17 secs. Did the same METCON about two months ago at 17 minutes plus. I guess I am getting better!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Good for you for sticking with it! Do you ever use a sauna? I sit in there for 15-20mins after most workouts and it has done wonders for my sore muscles! That and hot baths have cured a lot of that for me. But if your workout is REAL intense, you're not going to avoid the suffering!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Good for you for sticking with it! Do you ever use a sauna? I sit in there for 15-20mins after most workouts and it has done wonders for my sore muscles! That and hot baths have cured a lot of that for me. But if your workout is REAL intense, you're not going to avoid the suffering!
    I have not tried that. Hot showers do seem to help. My problem is that at my age it's difficult to tell what is due to workout and what is due to old age.... heh.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

For a mix up try the 300 workout, the goal is under 20 minutes, my best time was 18:25. i havent done it in a while but am working my back up to it.

Start with
    25 pullups
    50 push ups
    50 deadlift with 135lbs
    50 wipers ( lay on the ground with the deadlift bar and "bench" it hold it and bring your feet up together and "wipe side to side" to each weight plate.
    50 clean and press with kettle bells each arm (40 lbs)
    50 24 inch jumps
    25 pullups

Its a bitch to do but I tell you, you will feel great in about 3-4 days.....

Fist time I tried it it took me 45 minutes, its a full body workout that really keeps you hopping!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    For a mix up try the 300 workout, the goal is under 20 minutes, my best time was 18:25. i havent done it in a while but am working my back up to it.

Start with
    25 pullups
    50 push ups
    50 deadlift with 135lbs
    50 wipers ( lay on the ground with the deadlift bar and "bench" it hold it and bring your feet up together and "wipe side to side" to each weight plate.
    50 24 inch jumps
    25 pullups

Fist time I tried it it took me 45 minutes, its a full body workout that really keeps you hopping!!!
    Wow, that's a hell of a workout! I think I'd end up in the hospital! LOL
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Start with
    25 pullups
    50 push ups
    50 deadlift with 135lbs
    50 24 inch jumps
    25 pullups

Hmmm .... I might five that one a shot. Problem you have with old vets are a "few" injuries that have to be worked around. 24 inch jumps are OUT. I'd sure enough have to get that knee surgery. I'm not thinking the deadlifts are all that great an idea either. One, most people of "advanced age" already have back issues.

I don't. However, I DO know from years of powerlifting, to NEVER mix deadlifts and clean and press's.

Overall though, it appears quite the formidable workout.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Hmmm .... I might five that one a shot. Problem you have with old vets are a "few" injuries that have to be worked around. 24 inch jumps are OUT. I'd sure enough have to get that knee surgery. I'm not thinking the deadlifts are all that great an idea either. One, most people of "advanced age" already have back issues.

I don't. However, I DO know from years of powerlifting, to NEVER mix deadlifts and clean and press's.

Overall though, it appears quite the formidable workout.
    Yeah, I have to work around a few of the cross fit exercises because of old injuries. I just do what I can and don't worry about it since I am not looking for competition with anyone but myself.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Start with
    25 pullups
    50 push ups
    50 deadlift with 135lbs
    50 24 inch jumps
    25 pullups

Still trying to schedule the post workout traction from attempting this workout. When I havea clear 2 weeks, I'm going to try it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke