Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default AP: Iran may be cleaning up nuke work

News comes from Vienna, so it's not a Bush/Obama conspiracy that I can see. But it's obvious it's wrong intel, as Iran would never be involved in anything like this!

VIENNA (AP) – Satellite images of an Iranian military facility show trucks and earth-moving vehicles at the site, indicating that crews were trying to clean it of radioactive traces possibly left by tests of a nuclear-weapon trigger, diplomats told the Associated Press on Wednesday.

Two of the diplomats said the crews may be trying to erase evidence of tests of a small neutron device used to set off a nuclear explosion. A third diplomat could not confirm that but said any attempt to trigger a so-called neutron initiator at the Parchin site could only be in the context of trying to develop nuclear arms.

The images, provided to the IAEA by member countries, are recent and constantly updated, said one of the diplomats.

The diplomats are nuclear experts accredited to the International Atomic Energy Agency, and all asked for anonymity to discuss sensitive information.

Iran is under growing international pressure over its nuclear program, which it insists is peaceful. Israel has warned that it may resort to a pre-emptive strike against Iran's nuclear facilities to prevent Tehran from obtaining atomic weapons.

The IAEA has already identified the Parchin military site as the location of suspected nuclear weapons-related testing. In a November report, it said it appeared to be the site of experiments with conventional high explosives meant to initiate a nuclear chain reaction.

It did not mention a neutron initiator as part of those tests but in a separate section cited an unnamed member nation as saying Iran may have experimented with a neutron initiator, without going into detail or naming a location for such work.

In contrast, the intelligence information shared with the AP by the two diplomats linked the high-explosives work directly to setting off a neutron initiator at Parchin.
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/s...-up/53400694/1
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Um you applied an optimum amount of spectism to a report i posted about KNOWN connections of Suadi agents working with the 9-11 hijackers. lets see how that level of scrutiny works here.

VIENNA (AP) – Satellite images of an Iranian military facility show trucks and earth-moving vehicles at the site, (OK they are moving dirt) indicating that crews were trying to clean it of radioactive traces (how can you tell that's what they are doing by satelite, is it the way the trucks move?) possibly left by tests of a nuclear-weapon trigger, diplomats told the Associated Press on Wednesday.

Two of the diplomats said the crews may be trying to erase evidence of tests of a small neutron device (how would they know that?) used to set off a nuclear explosion. A third diplomat could not confirm that but said any attempt to trigger a so-called neutron initiator at the Parchin site could only be in the context of trying to develop nuclear arms.

The images, provided to the IAEA by member countries, are recent and constantly updated, said one of the diplomats.
    The diplomats are nuclear experts accredited to the International Atomic Energy Agency, and all asked for anonymity to discuss sensitive information.

Iran is under growing international pressure over its nuclear program, which it insists is peaceful. Israel has warned that it may resort to a pre-emptive strike against Iran's nuclear facilities to prevent Tehran from obtaining atomic weapons.

The IAEA has already identified the Parchin military site as the location of suspected nuclear weapons-related testing. In a November report, it said it appeared to be the site of experiments with conventional high explosives meant to initiate a nuclear chain reaction.

It did not mention a neutron initiator as part of those tests but in a separate section cited an unnamed member nation as saying Iran may have experimented with a neutron initiator, without going into detail or naming a location for such work.
    In contrast, the intelligence information shared with the AP by the two diplomats linked the high-explosives work directly to setting off a neutron initiator at Parchin.
    So you expect us to JUMP over info from 2 unnamed expert anonymous sources who say the Iran MIGHT be cleaning up and Explosions that MAY have been cause by a Nuclear triggering device that they haven't seen and cannot confirm?
    sorry I'm not a scared Jim.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Um you applied an optimum amount of spectism to a report i posted about KNOWN connections of Suadi agents working with the 9-11 hijackers. lets see how that level of scrutiny works here.

So you expect us to JUMP over info from 2 unnamed expert anonymous sources who say the Iran MIGHT be cleaning up and Explosions that MAY have been cause by a Nuclear triggering device that they haven't seen and cannot confirm?
    I know, you're already on record that we should never stop a country from building nuclear weapons until said country has been convicted in the Hague of actually using them to kill more than 100,000 in a single use.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Common sense says that Iran will never use a nuclear device in the Middle East. Because the fallout would pretty much contaminate or destroy every nation in the region. It's the same reason India and Pakistan never had an exchange.
    I truly believe Iran is yanking our chain. Sort of like Saddam making all his worthless boasts (that one idiot world leader chose to take seriously). Let them build nukes and parade them around, sort of like North Korea does.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Common sense says that Iran will never use a nuclear device in the Middle East. Because the fallout would pretty much contaminate or destroy every nation in the region. It's the same reason India and Pakistan never had an exchange.
    I truly believe Iran is yanking our chain. Sort of like Saddam making all his worthless boasts (that one idiot world leader chose to take seriously). Let them build nukes and parade them around, sort of like North Korea does.
    You really don't know all that much about nuclear weapons and radiation do you?? Your statements prove that. we arent talking a MAD scenerio we are talking about 1,2,3, maybe 4 nuclear bombs. You need to quit watching too many movies and actualy READ or study the affects of nuclear weapons and how they would react in a larg city. How the buildings absorb so much of the shock and how the prevailing winds carry the radioactive material.

Quit spouting off with half truths or blatant falsehoods.....
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    You really don't know all that much about nuclear weapons and radiation do you?? Your statements prove that. we arent talking a MAD scenerio we are talking about 1,2,3, maybe 4 nuclear bombs. You need to quit watching too many movies and actualy READ or study the affects of nuclear weapons and how they would react in a larg city. How the buildings absorb so much of the shock and how the prevailing winds carry the radioactive material.

Quit spouting off with half truths or blatant falsehoods.....
    Everyone thinks such devices will wipe out the planet. The reality is, one small nuclear device can come in handy, in the wrong hands, to take out just a small city. Sure, there would be fallout, but it isn't going to wipe out the entire middle east. Hell, the largest known nuclear device couldn't do that. Like you said, too many movies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post

(how can you tell that's what they are doing by satelite, is it the way the trucks move?)

We have satellites that can detect radiation on the ground. The pictures just show the trucks and crews working. The sensors on the satellite pick up the radiation traces. Those spy satellites do a lot more than just take pictures.

Iran already has nukes. They just have to develop their delivery system and detonation devices.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    As one who "has" been to school for the implementation and defense of Chemical, Biological and Radiological (Nukes) weapons attacks, I can say YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?