Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Black Kid killed for being black

http://bjlacosteblogs.wordpress.com/...for-no-reason/

And we say racism doesn't exist in America.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post

Your racism is nauseating.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Your racism is nauseating.
    By all means, please elaborate. What makes me a racist in your eyes? I pointed out the truth of why this boy was killed?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

By all means, please elaborate. What makes me a racist in your eyes? I pointed out the truth of why this boy was killed?
    Continuing the notion the guy who shot him was a racist simply because he's of a different race is, in itself, a display of racsim.

The ONLY facts we know:

shooter was a member of a neighborhood watch
    tried to question/stop someone
    there was a struggle
    suspect got shot

Implying racism is foolish.

Never let the facts get in the way of your reconceptions, WS.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Question for you... Were you there?? This is more convoluted story than this "BLOG" has to say.. The story I read had the young man "visiting" a friends house NOT outside his dads house... I read off a news site NOT a blog.......

Sanford police Sergeant David Morgenstern said the department stands by its investigation but welcomes help from any outside agency. FBI agent David Couvertier said the agency has been in contact with Sanford police and is monitoring the case.

'We are committed to having somebody review this to see if we made a mistake,' said Sanford Mayor Jeff Triplett. 'If we made missteps and there is something there, we will act accordingly'
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Continuing the notion the guy who shot him was a racist simply because he's of a different race is, in itself, a display of racsim.

The ONLY facts we know:

shooter was a member of a neighborhood watch
    tried to question/stop someone
    there was a struggle
    suspect got shot

Implying racism is foolish.

Never let the facts get in the way of your reconceptions, WS.
    Racism is the obvious reason this young boy was killed. The killer assumed since he was black that he was "suspicious".
    The boy is heard begging for his life in the 9/11 call.
    A bigot killed this good boy who lived feet away from the store. I hope they throw the book at him. It's more like a hate crime than anything else.

This was an innocent child who went to the store to buy junk food, (skittles and ice tea) and was killed by a paranoid trigger happy racist who stalked him.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Racism is the obvious reason this young boy was killed. The killer assumed since he was black that he was "suspicious".
    This confirms you as a piece of shit racist.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

NO ONE knows the entire story. Some ASSume it was solely based on racism.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This confirms you as a piece of shit racist.
    This confirms you are a hotheaded name caller, incapable of debate, and a hypocrite. You don't follow the rules you ban others over.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

WS - can you post ONE piece of proof that this kid was killed solely because he was black? ONE PIECE is all I ask for...
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    NO ONE knows the entire story. Some ASSume it was solely based on racism.
    There were witnesses, there are multiple 911 calls and there is the cell phone call from the boy who was killed to his girlfriend.

Zimmerman admits to the 911 operator that he is following the boy and continues even after the operator tells him NOT to tail the boy. The boy is shot moments later.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's obviously the poor guys karma that caught up with him. I wonder if we will ever know what he did to get such bad karma in the first place.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

this is a sad story. Jeez .

The turks are right here, I find myself agreeing with these guys again.
    This is a case where the kid was guilty of BBOB "being black on the street".
    Many folks here won't buy it , for some reason it's hard to admit that when a lot a people see a young black male they automatically see a threat/criminal/lowlife and proceed to treat them as such until proven otherwise. this kid didn't get a chance to prove it.
    Zimmerman,(head of the neighborhood watch) saw a black kid in his neighborhood and called 911. If he'd been white or asian would he have called? The cops told him to stay in the car and wait for the them. He didn't, he followed him for some time it appears, then confronted him, says he was threatened and then shot the kid in the chest.

At the very least this Zimmerman should be on trail for manslaughter, let the jury settle it.
    I'd guess that if Zimmerman is a descent guy he feels like sh*t over this, even if he does have some racist issues.

2 past threads come to mind here.
    one about the black men who raped tortured and killed the white couple, lots of outrage over the fact that it didn't make news here. One big difference here. those guys are going to prison. And no one and no race promotes or excuses that evil behavior.
    here it looks like we've got an innocent killed becuase of the perception that black skin equals bad behavior.

the other thread is the one one about the got Ya TV show "what would you do".

they showed several cases where the situation was exactly the same and people reacted differently to black kids.
    the one that surprised me most was when they had kids obviously doing wrong and others doing nothing. The black kids were taking a nap in a car in a park, they got cops called on them while at the same time not far off white kids who were vandalizing a car with paint were chortled at as rascals.

No need to get personal defensive about it if it's not you. hey Call it what you like, it is what it is.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

There were witnesses, there are multiple 911 calls and there is the cell phone call from the boy who was killed to his girlfriend.

Zimmerman admits to the 911 operator that he is following the boy and continues even after the operator tells him NOT to tail the boy. The boy is shot moments later.

POST the proof... Where are the witness statements that he killed him for no reason? The 911 call says nothing about killing someone because they were black, not the one I heard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    this is a sad story. Jeez .

The turks are right here, I find myself agreeing with these guys again.
    This is a case where the kid was guilty of BBOB "being black on the street".
    Many folks here won't buy it , for some reason it's hard to admit that when a lot a people see a young black male they automatically see a threat/criminal/lowlife and proceed to treat them as such until proven otherwise. this kid didn't get a chance to prove it.
    Zimmerman,(head of the neighborhood watch) saw a black kid in his neighborhood and called 911. If he'd been white or asian would he have called? The cops told him to stay in the car and wait for the them. He didn't, he followed him for some time it appears, then confronted him, says he was threatened and then shot the kid in the chest.

At the very least this Zimmerman should be on trail for manslaughter, let the jury settle it.
    I'd guess that if Zimmerman is a descent guy he feels like sh*t over this, even if he does have some racist issues.

2 past threads come to mind here.
    one about the black men who raped tortured and killed the white couple, lots of outrage over the fact that it didn't make news here. One big difference here. those guys are going to prison. And no one and no race promotes or excuses that evil behavior.
    here it looks like we've got an innocent killed becuase of the perception that black skin equals bad behavior.

the other thread is the one one about the got Ya TV show "what would you do".

they showed several cases where the situation was exactly the same and people reacted differently to black kids.
    the one that surprised me most was when they had kids obviously doing wrong and others doing nothing. The black kids were taking a nap in a car in a park, they got cops called on them while at the same time not far off white kids who were vandalizing a car with paint were chortled at as rascals.

No need to get personal defensive about it if it's not you. hey Call it what you like, it is what it is.
    I want to add Rev that a lot of this is profiling.. IT WORKS, not only do the police profile "blacks" but the white kids in a bad neighborhood where they can get drugs are ALWAYS pulled over as well, the single guys in cars driving by hookers are pulled over as well, the list goes on, it depends on the area you're talking about as to what the police look for, so this "being black on the street" is crap and you know it!! Profiling is used everywhere (except by the TSA who are idiots for not doing it)!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain