Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's even worse for your smartphone users. http://www.blaze.io/mobile/result/?t...0Z_1PR&src=wpt
    ‎'Is there anything wrong with anything.' Is that what you're asking, friendo?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Neckerson View Post
    I will say however that you have one of the best LOOKING vB4 installations I've seen. That's no small feat, considering what you have to work with. Kudos!
    The Kudos goes to the gent listed next to the copyright at the bottom, all I did was pay the man! Well, I did tell him what I wanted too, but he turned my thoughts into what you see.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Try the one from here - http://www.websitepulse.com/ Go to free tools. Put in the same music thread, and even choose Germany to be the place to test from. MUCH faster results. Not that it should be that much slower, but I noticed the first tool was tested from a DSL line.
    I use the IE8 DSL as a baseline. Meehan's tool has many browsers, operating systems, and connections to choose from. It's THE tool for diagnosing site problems.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The reason I use Meehan's IE8 DSL as a baseline is, if I can make my stuff load fast on that? I don't have to sweat how it's going to be for people with better browsers and connections.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I use the IE8 DSL as a baseline. Meehan's tool has many browsers, operating systems, and connections to choose from. It's THE tool for diagnosing site problems.
    I already bookmarked it, I like to have a ton of sites like that, you never know! But the best way to test is to do so from various remote locations. So far I have done 3 more besides the one you tested with and all are similar to websitepulse. If one has a higher latency than the others, it's usually indicative of a specific "issue" between their server and mine. In other words, unfortunately out of my control.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also, look at item 4 of your waterfall. You have a 404 error from some CSS that's expected, but doesn't load for whatever reason: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/12...WBT/1/details/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Details on the above:
    Code:
    URL: http://www.debatepolicy.com/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00019l/vmoods.css,vmoods_css_classic_72x15.css Host: www.debatepolicy.com IP: 69.73.139.27 Location: Fulshear, TX Error/Status Code: 404 Start Offset: 1.180 s DNS Lookup: ms Initial Connection: 98 ms Time to First Byte: 142 ms Content Download: 0 ms Bytes In (downloaded): 0.9 KB Bytes Out (uploaded): 0.5 KB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I already bookmarked it, I like to have a ton of sites like that, you never know! But the best way to test is to do so from various remote locations. So far I have done 3 more besides the one you tested with and all are similar to websitepulse. If one has a higher latency than the others, it's usually indicative of a specific "issue" between their server and mine. In other words, unfortunately out of my control.
    Scientific method begins with a consistent baseline. If you can make it load fast on the IE8 DSL, it loads faster for everyone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Also, look at item 4 of your waterfall. You have a 404 error from some CSS that's expected, but doesn't load for whatever reason: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/12...WBT/1/details/
    Interesting, here is what it's looking for -
    Code:
    http://www.debatepolicy.com/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00019l/vmoods.css,vmoods_css_classic_72x15.css
    Now, I do have the file - vmoods__css_classic_72x15.css

Seems to be a break in the code somewhere, but I have no clue where it's asking for that css file from

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

style00019 is the folder called for. This is coming up because when called, your script is telling the browser to load it. And for some reason, it's not there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

style00019 is the folder called for. This is coming up because when called, your script is telling the browser to load it. And for some reason, it's not there.
    That's what I mean, if I ftp in, and go to that folder, both those files DO exist in there. Odd.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting, here is what it's looking for -
    Code:
    http://www.debatepolicy.com/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00019l/vmoods.css,vmoods_css_classic_72x15.css
    Not Found The requested URL /clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00019l/vmoods.css,vmoods_css_classic_72x15.css was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Not Found The requested URL /clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00019l/vmoods.css,vmoods_css_classic_72x15.css was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    That link is looking for 2 files in one link, is that possible?

vmoods.css
    vmoods_css_classic_72x15.css

They both exist, but that link is asking for both, separated by a comma.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

vmoods.css,vmoods_css_classic_72x15.css I suspect the bolded part is the issue. In your script you have that, and I bet the bolded part is in error. The comma tips me off.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

vmoods.css,vmoods_css_classic_72x15.css I suspect the bolded part is the issue. In your script you have that, and I bet the bolded part is in error. The comma tips me off.
    Now I gotta figure out where the hell that is being called from!