Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nig-uh?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Nig-uh?

Well i'm sure you guys have heard of it if i have, what are you thoughts? I'm guessing Freudian slip, or he was going to try and say 'negative' got tongue tied, tried to recover with an 'ugh' and move onto the next sentence without realising until later what it had sounded like.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Who? Haven't heard about any of this. Linky???
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Who? Haven't heard about any of this. Linky???
    My pal Ricky -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NeaA8nkiWdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Ok, found it... I figured since you posted it that it was likely Santorum, then did a search on "slip of tongue race" and it was the first result, and of course a UK link... I'm not sure what he meant for sure, and there will be endless denials. But, it definitely did sound like "nig".

Rick Santorum: another slip of the tongue but was it the 'N-word'?

I don't think Santorum meant to use a racial slur against Obama. But the wider context is a GOP campaign rife with ugly rhetoric

Did Rick Santorum really just come within a few micro-seconds of calling America's first ever black president a "nigger"?

Of course not, comes the rational response. Apart from the fact that it would instantly be a campaign-killing gaffe, it would be in direct opposition to the Santorum image we have seen now for months. This is the man who is almost two goody-two-shoes to be real. He has a large and loving family. He may be ultra-conservative, but he also appears to be the sort of suburban dad who would be more likely to say "Aw, shucks" and "Jeepers creepers" rather than deploy the most offensive word in the English language. He wears sweater vests!

But about that video. What is going on there?

Santorum was speaking at a rally in Janesville, Wisconsin, still locked in the ferocious nomination battle with Mitt Romney and still desperate to become the true conservative standard-bearer of the Republican party.

"We know the candidate Barack Obama, what he was like – the anti-war government nig …" he seems to say, then suddenly stopping, and changing tack to add: "America was a source for division around the world, that what we were doing was wrong."
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/egtaV6Pj8yI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/egtaV6Pj8yI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    My pal Ricky -
    Shit, was posting at the same time...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He was probably going to say negro and thought better of it. That's another word everyone is afraid to use. There are no terms referring to blacks that aren't offensive to most of them in some way.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    He was probably going to say negro and thought better of it. That's another word everyone is afraid to use. There are no terms referring to blacks that aren't offensive to most of them in some way.
    No kidding. I mean you can't even just call em AMERICANS.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We should go back to calling them coloreds.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    We should go back to calling them coloreds.
    You'd get shot in certain places here in NY for calling them that. But remind me again - what does NAACP stand for? And if I start a NAAWP, would there be any backlash?

Wanna see something funny, go to this site and see who registered "nigger.com" - http://www.whois.sc/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You'd get shot in certain places here in NY for calling them that. But remind me again - what does NAACP stand for? And if I start a NAAWP, would there be any backlash?

Wanna see something funny, go to this site and see who registered "nigger.com" - http://www.whois.sc/
    I've said the same for a long time. Can you imagine if someone started a White Caucus in Congress? Now personally I think we should be able to do so, but under current law only one group is prevented from doing so, or so it seems

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    I've said the same for a long time. Can you imagine if someone started a White Caucus in Congress? Now personally I think we should be able to do so, but under current law only one group is prevented from doing so, or so it seems
    I say we start some sort of foundation, or club, and it be solely for the advancement of white people. Do it whether they like it or not. We would be labeled perhaps the most racist people in America, and would be laughed at by the pundits and night shows, immediately. We would likely be condemned throughout congress and right up to the president himself.

Do so for the black community, you get awards from townships, the states and even the federal government=, thanking you for your "hard work" and dedication to your cause.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Just in case anyone wonders, who doesn't want to type in that racist name to see who owns it -the N word.com is owned by the NAACP.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I say we start some sort of foundation, or club, and it be solely for the advancement of white people. Do it whether they like it or not. We would be labeled perhaps the most racist people in America, and would be laughed at by the pundits and night shows, immediately. We would likely be condemned throughout congress and right up to the president himself.

Do so for the black community, you get awards from townships, the states and even the federal government=, thanking you for your "hard work" and dedication to your cause.
    Unlike those assholes, I don't advocate one race over others.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Just in case anyone wonders, who doesn't want to type in that racist name to see who owns it -the N word.com is owned by the NAACP.
    Which is pretty sensible if you're NAACP.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Which is pretty sensible if you're NAACP.
    Maybe so, but they should probably try and do more for the black community by having so many stars/celebs/musicians stop using the name they are trying to prevent others from using. They care that others say it but not when fellow blacks say it. Just like black leaders rant and rave and want justice when a black person is killed but fall silent and disappear when it's the only way around.